ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State's future: Nick Suriano vs Spencer Lee - Super 32 Finals

If you haven't watched this match, you will immensely enjoy it. It looks like a college 125 match... with elites wrestling against each other. The heavy hand fighting is indicative of a great college match. Enjoy... as I did again, Willie did and the wrestling community did.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/723220-113-1so-nick-suriano-nj-vs-2fr-spencer-lee-pa

Thanks for sharing. Great match. Suriano was far too defensive that whole match. Lee controlled the action the whole time. I'm guessing Suriano has made a lot of progress in the 2 plus years since that match.

Thanks for sharing. Great match. Suriano was far too defensive that whole match. Lee controlled the action the whole time. I'm guessing Suriano has made a lot of progress in the 2 plus years since that match.
Imagine those two guys in the wrestling room working out together.

Reactions: NittanyChris
I agree Chris. Suriano knew what he was up against and Nick has progressed leaps and bounds since that match. As has Spencer. Good to know that they'll be the start of Penn State's line up for years to come.

I agree Chris. Suriano knew what he was up against and Nick has progressed leaps and bounds since that match. As has Spencer. Good to know that they'll be the start of Penn State's line up for years to come.
sure do hope Spencer goes to PSU!

Did I miss something? Did Spencer commit to Penn State?

sure do hope Spencer goes to PSU!
I think your hope is going to come true. Spencer is already very very close to our program. He wants to win multiple Individual National Titles and Team Titles. No where else in the country will that be done over the next 6 years but at PSU. Plus he is right in our back yard. Do not worry.

Reactions: artradley
Suriano had beaten Lee previously. But, Lee clearly was more aggressive and looked stronger...even though he is younger. Those two in the room together? Pardon the worn out metaphor: Iron sharpens iron.

Reactions: amalone
Not only is the metaphor worn out, it is not accurate from a metallurgical perspective. :confused:
We should always be so correct in sports analogies. Here's 35 Bruce. Please dissect them for us and get back to us after Nationals and give us your take on their inaccuracies one by one. If no one responds... don't be shocked. o_O We'll be dulling our iron (steel) and brain at the same time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/807715-top-35-most-overused-expressions-in-sports/page/3

Last edited:
Not only is the metaphor worn out, it is not accurate from a metallurgical perspective. :confused:
Considering the quote is from the book of Proverbs and was written around 3,000 years ago, it has definitely been used a lot. Worn out, ha! What a joker

So I learned from the Hawkeye Board that Nick is way too defensive and they're glad he signed with us.

Of course if he signed with them, there would be an extolling of his perfect Iowa Style mentality.

But I agree with them on 1 thing - I'm glad he signed with us as well.

So I learned from the Hawkeye Board that Nick is way too defensive and they're glad he signed with us.

Of course if he signed with them, there would be an extolling of his perfect Iowa Style mentality.

But I agree with them on 1 thing - I'm glad he signed with us as well.

Don't forget that Suriano coming to PSU all but ensures Lee is going to Iowa, and if Lee does go to PSU then Suriano is surely transferring to Rutgers.

Don't forget that Suriano coming to PSU all but ensures Lee is going to Iowa, and if Lee does go to PSU then Suriano is surely transferring to Rutgers.
I think you missed the point on what they were saying. Someone said Lee was going to PSU and Iowa fans were delusional to think differently. Someone responded then Suriano must be going to Rutgers since he is from NJ.

I think you missed the point on what they were saying. Someone said Lee was going to PSU and Iowa fans were delusional to think differently. Someone responded then Suriano must be going to Rutgers since he is from NJ.

It's possible that I missed the point. It wouldn't be the first time.

Love Suriano and have watched him his whole career. Saw this article today. Never knew this little nugget. In 155 highschool matches, he's only given up 1 takedown! This was his freshman year. Pretty impressive.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...time-nick-suriano-was-taken-down-in-hs-match/
Back in the day, and I mean way back, late 50's early 60's a 4 timer from Lock Haven, Mike Johnson, went through his career undefeated and was never taken down. Different era and way fewer matches but a great accomplishment during the time when there was only one division and you were one and done if you lost during the run towards the elusive state title.

Reactions: Hartzie
I believe Kyle Snyder only was taken down once in his career also. Good company.

I heard Chris Christie will wrestle the Hwt Champ following the action.

I'm not sure he can make the 285 limit, lol. He showed up at the Breeders Cupat Monmouth Park last August when American Pharoah ran, and he got booed out of the place.

Reactions: jschrantz
What are u talking about - totally not true
I believe diceman is referring to Snyder's high school career and I read the same thing , i.e., that during his 179-0 career at Good Counsel, he was only taken down once.

Back in the day, and I mean way back, late 50's early 60's a 4 timer from Lock Haven, Mike Johnson, went through his career undefeated and was never taken down. Different era and way fewer matches but a great accomplishment during the time when there was only one division and you were one and done if you lost during the run towards the elusive state title.
Mike was one of my gym teachers in high school. I think he coached DuBois high for awhile but wasn't very successful. He was more like one of the guys than a teacher. We called him "Bobcat" (not Mr. Johnson).

Last edited:
Reactions: lion4ever
What are u talking about - totally not true

In comparison to Suriano's HS career. I thought this was pretty self evident, but perhaps I should have been clearer that Snyder was only taken down once in his HS career - like Suriano.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT