ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State walk-on DE Jake Wilson enters transfer portal

This type of transfer is one of the few good things about the portal. A kid with limited ability that gave his all at a big time program and loves the game. Hopefully a lower level program offers him a scholarship affording him the chance to obtain a masters degree, and play more snaps immediately before he moves on with his life’s work. Good luck Jake.

Sure. The kicker we just got from Tulsa is coming in as a walking. Jace Tutty, PSU walkon, is transferring to Youngstown.

How many players to you expect to WALK on and then move UP a level and get a scholly? The portal is new. Most of the walk ons will move DOWN a level.
That's what you'd expect, but Stout was an example of someone that made the move up (and it worked out really well for both him and PSU).

Stout provided an excellent ROI on his scholarship. If I recall Va Tech's slide also began around that time.

In touchback kickoffs alone Stout solved a problem. Punting and kicking were almost bonuses.

He is a very small payback to the Hokies for the Kevin Jones debacle...but I'm glad Tech held back the scholly. Our gain.

If I recall Va Tech's slide also began around that time.

VaTech's run of being good revolves entirely around Beamer. Beamer probably hung on a few years too long and he also let the offense stagnate a lot towards the end.

Stout not being given a 'ship was a Fuente mishap (Beamer retired after '15), one of many which included poorly recruiting VA.

Stout was a local kid for me, playing his HS ball about an hour away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT