ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs. md game thread

Offense sucks. Poor play calling and poor execution. Bottom line.

Maybe, but poor execution as well. On short throws Hack stairs down his receivers and then either lofts it over their reach or guns it low, making it uncatchable or easy to block. Have a look at the Syracuse QB (Dungey). He has a weak arm but almost always makes the right choice with the ball and passes it so that his receiver has the best chance. He hit his receiver in the head with a long throw today (incomplete). We would win this game easily with that kind of passing and the receiver/DB match-ups we have today. BTW, Dungey can run just like this Maryland QB. That is what I am excited to see once Hack is gone and we play QBs that are a better fit.

Stupid football. Gotta know the situation and knock the ball down. 30 yards of field position in a tight game.

Stupid football. Gotta know the situation and knock the ball down. 30 yards of field position in a tight game.

Why catch that ball? It was 4th down and by catching it you gave up like 35-40 yards in field position. This team has no football IQ.

I can't stand this shot-gun formation with a loan back who is not really a blocker. It is so easy to defense given our weaknesses. And now, as we have just seen, its a fumble. Just dumb with this QB. Give me Joe's I-formation or a split backfield with Hack under center and two wide-outs with a good blocking tight end. Barkley would be having a field day, and this one would be on the books early.

RUN THE DAMN PLAY!!! Jesus I'm so tired of Hack changing plays leading to confusion with RBs and receivers and having to quickly get a play off before the clock expires (or they waste another time out). Now he turns it over. This is just unreal.

Maryland runs PSU's classic "throw it short of the chains on third down" play......same result.

Is anybody really enjoying this?

Even in high school I knew not to intercept that pass. I mean, the team is just dumb.

I know they are young, but geez, what do they do in practice every day?

"Egregious error in terms of play calling" and "mind boggling". Even the damn announcers are calling out Donovan now.

Oh well. Guess we did not practice it this week (or is it not in the playbook)? Same play we've seen the whole game. Maryland, with 9 at the LOS, should be able to figure it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT