ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State picks up verbal commitment from three-time Iowa state champ

Awesome. We have our 125. I had a good feeling after his trip here and his huge grin next to the Nittany Lion Shrine.

Welcome aboard Brody.

Nice. There will be those who will quip that he will not beat Spencer Lee, but that's just noise. We don't need every guy to be #1. As long as we plug in points where we need them, PSU will continue to roll.
Never know. He is going to get VERY good in our room !!!! He will be right there with Lee. He has a huge ceiling ! He will progress really fast and be GREAT ! Hope Cael and staff have a plan for McHenry which I am sure they already do....

Reactions: Goathead88
Gotta wonder if he is going to stay at 125.....Be great to get McHenry. We know he will red-shirt in order to get bigger and be a 4 year 125 pounder....

Sounds like he is staying at 125... Flo speculating he either red shirts and Teasdale does 125 and following year Teasdale bumps up to 133 or he comes in and right away holds down the 125 slot.

Nice. There will be those who will quip that he will not beat Spencer Lee, but that's just noise. We don't need every guy to be #1. As long as we plug in points where we need them, PSU will continue to roll.
It used to be Cael can't beat Brands. Then it was just wait until Taylor and Ruth graduate. Now if we choose to read some fake reality we can go to HR and read about recruiting, developing and how Iowa has the greatest lightweight room.
It would not surprise me to see Cael, Cody and Casey take that morsel away.

Reactions: lionlover
It used to be Cael can't beat Brands. Then it was just wait until Taylor and Ruth graduate. Now if we choose to read some fake reality we can go to HR and read about recruiting, developing and how Iowa has the greatest lightweight room.
It would not surprise me to see Cael, Cody and Casey take that morsel away.
It’s truly a testament to the greatness of the leadership of the program that no other team has a remotely comparable pipeline of top ranked, “committed” wrestlers that still have full eligibility. My apologies if I left anyone out.
Teske
Busiello
Teasdale
N. Lee
BravoYoung
Berge
Verkleeren
J. Lee
Manville
Wittlake
Beard
S. Nevills
“The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades.”

It’s truly a testament to the greatness of the leadership of the program that no other team has a remotely comparable pipeline of top ranked, “committed” wrestlers that still have full eligibility. My apologies if I left anyone out.
Teske
Busiello
Teasdale
N. Lee
BravoYoung
Berge
Verkleeren
J. Lee
Manville
Wittlake
Beard
S. Nevills
“The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades.”
Just you wait until "THEY" graduate.

Just you wait until "THEY" graduate.

This made me laugh cause of the running joke and I agree.

However, you do touch on something we will talk a lot about in the future. With such a large class of most likely starters, backfilling kids into the programs upon their graduation will be interesting.

Reactions: Ski and bwifan

However, you do touch on something we will talk a lot about in the future. With such a large class of most likely starters, backfilling kids into the programs upon their graduation will be interesting.

That is why I think other teams fans talk like they do... They know what is in the pipeline to PSU Wrestling and it's difficult to comprehend how they keep back filling like they do, in a way it's almost depressing for other teams fans... Probably similar to how many people felt about Iowa and Gable. Now the Iowa fans are getting a taste of what other teams fans felt during that era of dominance.

Reactions: diggerpup

We most certainly will discuss it and HR will most assuredly fixate and obsess over it, but at the end of all the discussion and obsession the staff has been amazingly efficient at staying ahead of the replenishing curve.
Six years from now we will probably shake our collective heads at the continuation of the domination, and I will still visit HR just to get my daily belly laugh.

That is why I think other teams fans talk like they do... They know what is in the pipeline to PSU Wrestling and it's difficult to comprehend how they keep back filling like they do, in a way it's almost depressing for other teams fans... Probably similar to how many people felt about Iowa and Gable. Now the Iowa fans are getting a taste of what other teams fans felt during that era of dominance.

Same regarding OkieState in early to mid-2000s. Insanely loaded lineups that I feared had no end in sight (I was less patient back then).

Called a DYNASTY !!!!

It always is and a GREAT problem to have. Good chance Teske and one of Teasdale or RBY go as true frosh which will break the 2018 class up a bit. Not to mention some of them may take a RS and an Olympic RS. Not to mention a bunch of them may catch the cruise liner. Sorry, couldn't resist that last one. :rolleyes:

Forgot to add, welcome Brody.

They will say that is how devious Cael is, he only got married and had kids, just so he could continue to win championships, while skirting the 9.9 rule.

Kind of like my HS wrestling coach, who would invite his young daughters and their friends along when he went ice fishing. They had no interest in fishing, but they were his loophole to getting 30 tip-ups in the ice, instead of the 5 he otherwise would have been allowed under regulation, lol.

Reactions: diggerpup
They will say that is how devious Cael is, he only got married and had kids, just so he could continue to win championships, while skirting the 9.9 rule.
And they did some gene-splicing to make sure they had a bunch of boys

and-may-your-first-child-be-a-masculine-child.jpg

Kind of like my HS wrestling coach, who would invite his young daughters and their friends along when he went ice fishing. They had no interest in fishing, but they were his loophole to getting 30 tip-ups in the ice, instead of the 5 he otherwise would have been allowed under regulation, lol.

lololol...my dad did that with me until I became a good trout fisherman in my teens. My dad and I used my moms license until my son was born. Now my son and I do it with my dad license. circle of life I guess.

this summer my 8 yo son caught over 100 trout and he does everything but gut the fish (thats his moms fault). He baits his hook, casts his line, hooks the fish and lands his own fish. To boot, our prime fishing creek is pine creek which is not the easiest fishing creek in pa.

one of the best things I ever did was get him involved in fishing early on. Dad always said, no matter where you live in the world good fishing is near by. If you learn to fish youll rarely be bored or without relaxation.

My father-in-law essentially pulled the same trick with my wife hunting deer long-range. She would sit in the warm truck, until a deer was spotted. She would get out of the truck, shoot the deer and climb right back in the truck.

True story: the closest deer she has ever shot was at 650 yards. I try not to piss her off.

lololol...my dad did that with me until I became a good trout fisherman in my teens. My dad and I used my moms license until my son was born. Now my son and I do it with my dad license. circle of life I guess.

this summer my 8 yo son caught over 100 trout and he does everything but gut the fish (thats his moms fault). He baits his hook, casts his line, hooks the fish and lands his own fish. To boot, our prime fishing creek is pine creek which is not the easiest fishing creek in pa.

one of the best things I ever did was get him involved in fishing early on. Dad always said, no matter where you live in the world good fishing is near by. If you learn to fish youll rarely be bored or without relaxation.

Amen, dunkej. My dad passed on several weeks ago, and I tell folks the three most valuable attributes he passed on to me were a good work ethic, integrity and a love of fishing. God, I miss him.

Never know. He is going to get VERY good in our room !!!! He will be right there with Lee. He has a huge ceiling ! He will progress really fast and be GREAT ! Hope Cael and staff have a plan for McHenry which I am sure they already do....

Classic!

Hello, Penn State Compliance? This is Hawkeye Report. Is a coach having children an NCAA viol ... Click.
Deer NCAA,

It has come to my attention that Penn State will have additional unfair advantages in the near future, when their coaching staff's children become wrestling eligible and will not count against the 9.9 scholarship limit. I propose children of coaches, automatically count as 1 scholarship, even if they are not on the team. This will make it fair for all of us.

PS: Please enact this rule in 5 years, so that it doesn't effect Nelson's status.

Signed: If_there_is_vodka_in_heaven_then_tequilla_rules_in_hell

Deer NCAA,

It has come to my attention that Penn State will have additional unfair advantages in the near future, when their coaching staff's children become wrestling eligible and will not count against the 9.9 scholarship limit. I propose children of coaches, automatically count as 1 scholarship, even if they are not on the team. This will make it fair for all of us.

PS: Please enact this rule in 5 years, so that it doesn't effect Nelson's status.

Signed: If_there_is_vodka_in_heaven_then_tequilla_rules_in_hell
Awesome, although the intro...

Dear NCAA,
Since no one returns my calls I am compelled to write....

...to dunkej01...
...back in the early 50's teams in the EIWA never dreamed about winning an NCAA wrestling championship...
...winning the EIWA title was the big prize... schools usually sent only their EIWA champs to the NCAAs so it was impossible to compete with Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Iowa State Teachers, Michigan and Minnesota - who sent several members and often someone at each weight...back then Iowa was not a major power...
...if Penn State coach Charlie Speidel had not convinced Penn State to host the 1953 tournament it is unlikely we would have won it all that year...
...and that team went three straight years(1951-53) w/o losing a dual meet!...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT