ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Utah 35-21 in the Rose Bowl

What's to assess? After every loss to UM Franklin acknowledges that his team got man handled. And then he just signs more 220 lb DE's. Even Utah, a roster of mid to low 3 star players, seems to put more muscle on the field.

I love Franklin, but he has to do it, not just talk about it.

A great man (i.e. actor) once said, "when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk..."
Good the bad and the ugly

Goodness, they let the band play without interruption, I did not know that was allowed. Also, I have not heard a loud mouth PA announcer think he is the be all end all. Is that allowed?

• Haha
Reactions: psu00 and rohrmd9
Chop hasn't been held so much since he was a baby. But at this point they're clearly not going to call it so I guess we better deal with it.
On that last drive Chop got held nearly every play. And it was by that punk RT who was doing all the chirping.

Utah is not kicking into the EZ letting 10 run it back. he only had one good run and most of the time we start in poor starting field position.

I wonder how much live tackling we did in practice
we are missing 2 tackles on every run

Utah is just running Michagans game plan and we have awful gap integrity
also #41 needs to be in with #11

Time for a Franklin team to take a punch in the mouth and punch back

I swear some of these guys must practice tackling with their arms strapped to their sides. I just don't grasp how one makes it to a high level D1 football team and has no idea how to tackle.

Keep Wilson off the field. He's been terrible for years.

3rd and 2 or 3 and PSU has the DE backing into pass coverage. No wonder Utah is making first downs on the ground.....

I'll be the first to say it. PSU is getting out coached, out schemed, in this game as far as PSU D vs Utah O. And then PSU D promptly creates a 3rd and 9..... and converts to a TE with no PSU defender even in the camera angle.

ole GIF

Reactions: PAgeologist
Gotta say, Cam Rising's vision and awareness is outstanding. Penn State is almost getting to him it feels 4 out of 5 drop backs and he just finds a man every time to throw to...

Reactions: BudatPSU
Gotta say, Cam Rising's vision and awareness is outstanding. Penn State is almost getting to him it feels 4 out of 5 drop backs and he just finds a man every time to throw to...
he totally missed the last two, like not even close, and those receivers weren't even looking

Every play their qb is taking a step back before each and every snap. When are they going to call illegal motion on him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT