ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Delaware, 63-7

TD. I think we see Allar for the first Drive of the second half and that’s it.
Especially after the head shot. No reason to have Allar in there. He got some work. Get him out healthy.

Our luck he will get hurt when players run into him whil he is on the sideline. Just kidding. I hope.

Reactions: Obliviax
It shouldn't with the talent level difference. No reason not the break some long runs if the receivers and TEs are executing their blocks.
That’s what it’s designed to do and PSU never sees it, so they’re not going to have a lot of time to prepare for it. My only concern is the lack of creating turnovers again.

That’s what it’s designed to do and PSU never sees it, so they’re not going to have a lot of time to prepare for it. My only concern is the lack of creating turnovers again.
I'm aware of that. And based on the talent we should still be able to create more chunk plays. It's a minor issue though.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Good stat. Delaware is one of three universities to have a US president an NFL season MVP, and a Super Bowl MVP.

(Stanford and Michigan)

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Would be nice to see the defense with a strip sack, FF, an INT, etc...haven't forced a turnover so far this season, I believe.

I'm aware of that. And based on the talent we should still be able to create more chunk plays. It's a minor issue though.
No need for chunk plays today. Keep a vanilla game plan. Although I guess the argument could be made that the WRs should be able to break some long completions, even if not designed.

Reactions: GSPMax
Drew Allar gets on the board with a touchdown pass to Tyler Warren and Penn State will take a 35-7 lead. 22 seconds left in the first half.

Allar 18-for-22, 175 yards, 1 TD.

Yurcich hasn’t called a game that is going to lead to a lot of chunk plays, doesn’t need to today
Allen and Singleton have 25 carries without a 20 yard run--again, the pure gap in talent makes that difficult to believe if the receivers are doing their job downfield. The OL should be getting off the first level to the second. I'm not talking about creative play calling or deep throws. Would also be nice to see the receivers make more guys miss.

HALFTIME

Penn State 35
Delaware 7

Drew Allar: 18-for-22, 175 yards, 1 TD
Kaytron Allen: 14 carries, 69 yards, 1 TD
Nicholas Singleton: 11 carries, 52 yards, 3 TD
KeAndre Lambert-Smith: 4 receptions, 56 yards

Reactions: lazydave841
There is a difference in taking away 1 play in 25 vs whatever point you are making. No?
Point is, the dumbest stats in sports are the ones that go “hey if it weren’t for big plays and points, the team would have looked worse.” It’s like, no kidding Sherlock, pick a better stat to make a point about.

Point is, the dumbest stats in sports are the ones that go “hey if it weren’t for big plays and points, the team would have looked worse.” It’s like, no kidding Sherlock, pick a better stat to make a point about.
But it does show the dominance aside from 1 play. It's different if you're like "ignoring the 12 plays this year of 50+"

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841
everyone piling on Eldson, go back and look at the long TD run and see Abdul Carter get clocked on the trap block that the runner cut right inside.
Where were the safeties? Nobody home after he got past the LBers

It's about showing dominance. Somebody is going to see the guy ran for a big TD and think they did some work. The rest of the plays show it was a fluke. It's not like they've had 3 flukes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT