ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State Basketball 2023-2024 conference schedule released

The non-conference schedule has way too many horrible teams on it. I get that the NET doesn't penalize it quite like the RPI did, however I project that our Non-Conference SOS is going to be awful. Don't get why we put ourselves behind the 8-ball before the season even begins.

Missed two home games:

December 9th Ohio State
January 10th Northwestern

That’s a truly horrible non conference schedule. And am I correct that there are no true road games out of conference?

The loss of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge is unfortunate

And, it's even worse that I realized at first...I totally missed that the previously leaked Georgia Tech game in Atlanta isn't on the schedule...seems that things fell through somehow. Really disappointed with where this landed.

• Sad
Reactions: doctornick
And, it's even worse that I realized at first...I totally missed that the previously leaked Georgia Tech game in Atlanta isn't on the schedule...seems that things fell through somehow. Really disappointed with where this landed.
Yeah that’s right. 😢 It’s actually still listed on the tournament website… https://holidayhoopsgiving.com/college-pre-sale/

Before anyone gets any hopes up that this was an oversight by PSU, our schedule is full (27 games + 1 tournament).

Yeah that’s right. 😢 It’s actually still listed on the tournament website… https://holidayhoopsgiving.com/college-pre-sale/

Before anyone gets any hopes up that this was an oversight by PSU, our schedule is full (27 games + 1 tournament).
Yep, I counted too.

Here is where it landed...

HOME (with last year's KenPom and record)

206 Rider (16-14)
237 Morehead St (22-12)
283 Lehigh (16-14)
303 Bucknell (12-20)
336 St Francis (13-18)
356 Delaware St (6-24)
n/a Le Moyne (they are the only new addition to Division 1 this season)

NEUTRAL (in Florida) - and Butler seems more likely than FAU

33 Texas A&M (25-10)
17 Florida Atlantic (35-4) OR 119 Butler (14-18)
29 Iowa St (19-14), 37 Boise St (24-10), 60 VCU (27-8), or 80 Virginia Tech (19-15)

This does not prepare us for the opening B10 season gauntlet. We could start 0-5 or 1-4 in conference play. Hopefully we can muster home wins over Mich and Wisky. Don't see us beating Maryland, MSU or Purdue on the road early in conference play.

I hope the thought process was to play those OOC teams to have the guys gel together and still be able to get W's. If that happens, I can see this being a tough team to play in conference though probably not more than 5-6 wins there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT