ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Penn State Baseball tabs Boston College's Mike Gambino as head coach

Good choice IMO.

I followed ACC Baseball this past season. The conference was strong, and Boston College, despite being the northern-most team in the league, had a winning conference record and made the NCAA Tournament.

Gambino just had a contract extension at BC, but Penn State must have come on strong.

Reactions: bison13
I am willing to bet we win more games

john-gotti-judging-look-vng9t0byew9vrqvw.gif

Yikes… what’s the difference?

Gambino was 291-366 overall with a 115-245 record against ACC competition with the Eagles.

Cooper compiled a 197-269 record in his decade as coach. The Nittany Lions reached the Big Ten tournament only once (2022) in that span.

Without knowing if there were others who were ahead of him in the pecking order and declined I think it’s a reasonable choice.

The ACC is a much tougher conference than the Big Ten and the fact that he had them competing means we should be in at least the same spot with our team.

Pennsylvania high school baseball is pretty good and has some high-level talent throughout the state. Add into that Jersey, Maryland, and Northern Virginia kids he needs to recruit the local area much harder than anybody has in the past 30 years.

Much better pick than the knuckleheads who wanted the DuBois coach because he won a national title of about 40 teams who play subpar junior college level baseball.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT