ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State at #10

That’s about right, I think. We have flaws but our strengths are enough to overcome them against all but the best teams.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Here's the complete listing
1. Alabama (10-0)
2. Clemson (9-1)
3. Miami (9-0)
4. Oklahoma (9-1)
----------------------
5. Wisconsin (10-0)
6. Auburn (8-2)
7. Georgia (9-1)
8. Notre Dame (8-2)
9. Ohio State (8-2)
10. Penn State (8-2)
11. USC (9-2)
12. TCU (8-2)
13. Oklahoma State (8-2)
14. Washington State (9-2)
15. UCF (9-0)
16. Mississippi State (7-3)
17. Michigan State (7-3)
18. Washington (8-2)
19. NC State (7-3)
20. LSU (7-3)
21. Memphis (8-1)
22. Stanford (7-3)
23. Northwestern (7-3)
24. Michigan (8-2)
25. Boise State (8-2)

Last edited:
In the CFP Rankings.

Will gladly take that. Very well positioned now for a NY6 bowl game with a 10-2 record.

Surprised we jumped USC but seems like committee is giving us a slight pass on the MSU game situation given how both PSU and MSU performed on the road at OSU.

On the road, PSU has actually been very, very good compared to rest of top 10 and no doubt that's figuring in as well.

LOL Herbie takes a swipe at pitt saying Miami playing at pitt after thanksgiving in a half full stadium .... half full? Come on Kirk 20k max
Is it on ESPN or ABC ?
LOL Herbie takes a swipe at pitt saying Miami playing at pitt after thanksgiving in a half full stadium .... half full? Come on Kirk 20k max
Game is on ABC. Promo comment.

How about this...all conference champs have two losses but Miami, Bama and Wiscy end up with one loss. Based on last year's precedent, shouldn't all the one loss teams make it? I mean all we heard last year was that one loss was better than two.

Reactions: Howie'81
But OSU passes the eye test.
d88d43edb440c01c053d444dbb471a580335bc6c242553609dc140e738cac4bc.jpg

Reactions: psu00
Bad losses clearly don't matter this year. Wake Forest just put up 64 at Cuse, meanwhile Cuse beat Clemson.

Notre Dame has no pulse against Miami in their second loss of the year, first AT HOME to UGA team how just got absolutely blown off the field themselves in the same week.

OSU gets blown off the field against Iowa and blown away at home to OU

PSU loses by 4 total points to two top 17 teams on the road in games they lead for much of. I could argue a one point loss at OSU when OSU is off a bye and we are off Michigan is more impressive than OSU's one point win.

All that said, just win out and finish in top 10 and reach a NY6 game. We blew our chances but some things never add up. I was actually surprised PSU got to 10, but they will put USC ahead of us if they win out.

Bad losses clearly don't matter this year. Wake Forest just put up 64 at Cuse, meanwhile Cuse beat Clemson.

Notre Dame has no pulse against Miami in their second loss of the year, first AT HOME to UGA team how just got absolutely blown off the field themselves in the same week.

OSU gets blown off the field against Iowa and blown away at home to OU

PSU loses by 4 total points to two top 17 teams on the road in games they lead for much of. I could argue a one point loss at OSU when OSU is off a bye and we are off Michigan is more impressive than OSU's one point win.

All that said, just win out and finish in top 10 and reach a NY6 game. We blew our chances but some things never add up. I was actually surprised PSU got to 10, but they will put USC ahead of us if they win out.
They were even talking on talk radio today about last year and said PSU did not get in because of their blowout loss to UM. Then they immediately started talking about OSU is still in the playoff hunt this year. I threw up a little in my mouth.

OSU will destroy Michigan; zero chance of them losing that game. So, will be happy with NY6 bowl for PSU this year

Michigan and northwestern being ranked certainly helped.

Can you imagine being undefeated miami, just spanked #3 and still looking up at clemson who lost to syracuse! Just crazy.

I thought the same thing about Miami-Clemson until I realized that...

1. It’s November 14 and it doesn’t matter
2. They will play each other in 3 weeks
3. The difference between 2 and 3 is what color jersey you wear.

Osu will not destroy Michigan. I predict a toss up.
Michigan is not good this year. OSU boat raced MSU, and by the always applicable transitive property, will do the same to UM. The line will be at least 20 and OSU will cover. Urban knows he needs to pass the "eye test," so he'll pour it on

Un****ingbelievable that Clemson and OU are ahead of Wisky.
No its not, Wiscy has played nobody and the one decent team or two they played, teams we beat on the road, they had at home. And it won't matter as at 5 they control their own destiny.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
In fairness, Miami's trip to Pittsburgh could be a challenge in that it will be their first game on the road since before Halloween, and late November games at Heinz Field could present issues in terms of the quality of the playing surface and the weather. If the temperature is hovering around freezing with wind and rain, it will present an environment that Miami hasn't seen before. Miami will still need to repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot to even have a chance of losing to Pitt, but that game has a few question marks that aren't related to the teams on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT