ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State 37 Ohio State 34

images

I triggered the OSU fans on the Reddits with this...

My gut tells me this is a one possession hard fought PSU win.

My eyes tell me that Penn State is going to win by ten or more. I believe Penn State puts together its most complete game of the year under the lights with the whiteout crowd. I don't think the OSU offense is as good as their fans think it is (26 offensive points versus TCU, then TCU gave up 31 to Texas the next week). I believe PSU's defense is at least as good as TCU's but PSU has a better offense. OSU gave up 500 yards to TCU...

I know past results doesn't predict future performance but this team was 20 points better than the spread in 2016, and six points better in 2017 at their place. While understanding that it is a 60 minute game, this team also led by 15 going into the fourth quarter last year before turtling on offense. I expect Franklin learned his lesson on that one.

Reactions: cyrizzle
th

So - I guess OSU will only have the ball for 5 plays on offense all night..... since Gunsie guaranteed us all that they could just flip a screen pass out to any of their wideouts, and it would be a guaranteed touchdown every time.

th

FACT!!!!!

Good grief.

No doubt! Now that made me laugh, especially finishing it with "FACT!". You better be careful, something tells me you might be involving yourself in a "no holds barred Cage Match" in the Walmart parking lot tomorrow afternoon or morning before the game.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I triggered the OSU fans on the Reddits with this...

My gut tells me this is a one possession hard fought PSU win.

My eyes tell me that Penn State is going to win by ten or more. I believe Penn State puts together its most complete game of the year under the lights with the whiteout crowd. I don't think the OSU offense is as good as their fans think it is (26 offensive points versus TCU, then TCU gave up 31 to Texas the next week). I believe PSU's defense is at least as good as TCU's but PSU has a better offense. OSU gave up 500 yards to TCU...

I know past results doesn't predict future performance but this team was 20 points better than the spread in 2016, and six points better in 2017 at their place. While understanding that it is a 60 minute game, this team also led by 15 going into the fourth quarter last year before turtling on offense. I expect Franklin learned his lesson on that one.

Very, very good points in your last paragraph. During Franklin's tenure PSU is at least 3-1 versus the spread (can't remember spread in 2015) and not by a little either. In addition, PSU should have won the 2014 game outright as a massive double-digit dog except for the b1g shizholes beyond obvious cheating to enable the duhO$U win and preserve their 4-team Invitational "rigged" Beauty Pageant Invite.

Reactions: JJTopp99
You're welcome.

So, did you find the posts where I attacked you or did you confirm that it was someone else? (Perhaps a different poster that starts their handle with "Knight...") Some don't read past Knight and assume I went to Rutgers.

I think you owe me either an apology or an explanation.

The only poster I can think of that has swayed me from staying civil is Bushwood. Everyone has their limits.

Reactions: sluggo72
So, did you find the posts where I attacked you or did you confirm that it was someone else? (Perhaps a different poster that starts their handle with "Knight...") Some don't read past Knight and assume I went to Rutgers.

I think you owe me either an apology or an explanation.

The only poster I can think of that has swayed me from staying civil is Bushwood. Everyone has their limits.
I apologize. I confused you with "KnightSlayer" who only shows up to pile on.

Why do you keep referring to a date in which no game is played? Yes, the Browns and Bengals will be in action on December 30. Enjoy.

When ALL the post game commentaries will have genuine significance as compared to speculation today!?

Why does it bother you?

The score line has too many field goals. I see none getting kicked. PSU 49-42, OT

The score line has too many field goals. I see none getting kicked. PSU 49-42, OT

You bring up a great point, this is the type of game where a FG may not be worth all that much (i.e., if a team settles for a FG on a bunch of their scoring drives they may fall way behind.). PSU holds a big advantage in RZ Efficiency and %. PSU has converted 100% of their 22 trips into the RZ and 95.5% of the 22 trips (21 of the 22) for TDs. duhO$U has only converted 86.4% of their 22 RZ scoring opportunities (19 of 22) and only scored TDs on 77.3% of the 22 trips (17 of 19 total scores were TDs)..

You bring up a great point, this is the type of game where a FG may not be worth all that much (i.e., if a team settles for a FG on a bunch of their scoring drives they may fall way behind.). PSU holds a big advantage in RZ Efficiency and %. PSU has converted 100% of their 22 trips into the RZ and 95.5% of the 22 trips (21 of the 22) for TDs. duhO$U has only converted 86.4% of their 22 RZ scoring opportunities (19 of 22) and only scored TDs on 77.3% of the 22 trips (17 of 19 total scores were TDs)..

Correct, you almost have to approach this like an arena league game, TDS or bust.

You also bring up a good point, and one that is not brought up in any tales of the tape that I have seen - red zone efficiency.

I also think the App St game was helpful, our younger guys had to struggle and fight for the W, a little adversity is good. You can argue the same for Ohio State, but they did not have to perform in a tie or OT situation. Anyone can roll when things are going well or the team is dominating, give me someone who can do it when chips are down. I think #9 can will PSU to victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT