ADVERTISEMENT

Peck out -- Nevills must now place 6th

Well, I guess the best you can say with this is that if Nevills is not capable of beating the Smith/Kroells loser - we're only losing a couple points anyway.

Reactions: PSU Mike
One thing to note: The Big Ten has lost the equivalent of three allocations at 285 due to roster moves: The spot Tavanello would have earned, the spot Peck did earn and is throwing back, and the spot Snyder is likely to take. In the unlikely circumstance that you guys lose the national (team) championship by just a couple of points, after Nevills fails to qualify (if that scenario comes to pass), I suspect that this post is going to come up more than once as a reason why...

I doubt it. Even if Nevills does not qualify, PSU will still be the favorites to win and will control their own destiny. We only have control of the team/wrestlers who qualify. For us to loose by a few points will be because our team did not wrestle to their top ability rather than Nevills not qualifying.

One thing to note: The Big Ten has lost the equivalent of three allocations at 285 due to roster moves: The spot Tavanello would have earned, the spot Peck did earn and is throwing back, and the spot Snyder is likely to take. In the unlikely circumstance that you guys lose the national (team) championship by just a couple of points, after Nevills fails to qualify (if that scenario comes to pass), I suspect that this post is going to come up more than once as a reason why...

Reactions: NittanyLion84
SHP, are you hearing anything about why Kerry is sending Hemida instead of Peck? Injury or other? Your tweet not saying "injury" makes me think it's "other."

El-Jefe, I have no firsthand info as to why, but I'd presume injury. Peck is far and away the better of the two wrestlers.

El-Jefe, I have no firsthand info as to why, but I'd presume injury. Peck is far and away the better of the two wrestlers.
Found this on Testudo Times (Maryland equivalent of Black Shoe Diaries) -- author apparently spoke with Kerry:

McCoy told me that he made this decision because it was the "best decision for the team." He would not elaborate. Peck is the better heavyweight, but Hemida has started a multitude of times this season over Peck because of various reasons like health and the effort that he gave in the room that week. I will not speculate as to why McCoy made a last-minute decision to send Hemida instead of Peck, but what I can tell you is that as a result of this change, the odds are heavily stacked against Maryland qualifying its heavyweight for NCAA's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT