ADVERTISEMENT

Passing on what I heard

soonerbd

Aug 8, 2009
I don’t ever post on this board but I’ve been lurking for years due to the fact that I’m a huge Penn St wrestling fan, although I root for Oklahoma in football. Anyway, I was talking with Seth Janney this past weekend who I have been good friends with since high school and now currently wrestles for Cornell. He told me that Yianni is taking an Olympic redshirt for this upcoming season. Also he tells me that unless Cael decides he wants to redshirt Beard, there is no way Conel beats him out for the starting spot. Even said he believes Beard could be a 4x. Just thought I would pass on what I was told.

I don’t ever post on this board but I’ve been lurking for years due to the fact that I’m a huge Penn St wrestling fan, although I root for Oklahoma in football. Anyway, I was talking with Seth Janney this past weekend who I have been good friends with since high school and now currently wrestles for Cornell. He told me that Yianni is taking an Olympic redshirt for this upcoming season. Also he tells me that unless Cael decides he wants to redshirt Beard, there is no way Conel beats him out for the starting spot. Even said he believes Beard could be a 4x. Just thought I would pass on what I was told.

There have been a lot worse first posts. Thanks for sharing. (The combo of Oklahoma football and Penn State wrestling is kinda weird though.)

This is in line with my thoughts. Beard clearly stepped up his game last year despite not training with the college team. The difference between him and Conel may be too big for the coaches to ignore when setting the lineup.

Last edited:
What is Seth’s connection to PSU and Beard? How would he know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT