ADVERTISEMENT

Party Views - Why all one sided?

Gorki24

Apr 3, 2019
First time I'm posting on the political board. I have a fairly strong interest and follow politics, so I wanted to voice some things.

This is my biggest pet peeve with politics. Listening to politics on TV and discussing politics with people.

Why if a person is a Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal do most of them all just take a side an favor all the same political issues? Regardless if they are for or against a certain issue. Many of the major political issues have literally nothing to do with each other, yet whatever party a person is for it's like they just fall in line and believe in all issues one way.

Here us what I am talking about.

Republicans: pro life, against raising the minium wage, less restrictive gun laws, against health care for all. Against Slave reparations.

Democrats: pro abortion, for raising the minimum wage, strict gun laws, health care for all or at least affordable health care. For slave reparations.

These are just some of the examples. You would think with all the different issues that have nothing to do with each other most people would have views for and against each political party and their issues. But it doesn't seem like that today. It's all one way for the party they choose.

For example these are some of my views on the issues.

I'm pro life (republican view), for raising the minimum wage (democrat), for strict gun laws (democrat), against slave reparations, (republican). Health care undecided but something needs to happen already.

Don't know why most people today don't have varying party views on issues unrelated to each other. You talk with a democrat it's all one way on the issues, you talk to a republican same thing towards thier views.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News