ADVERTISEMENT

Parsons announced a top5

sss

Jun 5, 2001
It is premium info on TOS, so I don;t know if the school he is committed to made the cut. I wonder how many more Top5s and Top10s he will release?

1e462aa4dc8d5e394c146c5e70043f2ae36946ba7161be7100f7a8cd010db488.jpg

Reactions: psu1969a
It is premium info on TOS, so I don;t know if the school he is committed to made the cut. I wonder how many more Top5s and Top10s he will release?

He released a Top 6 in December and I haven't seen anything newer than that on his twitter. Most of his tweets/re-tweets are very pro-Penn State. /shrug

Reactions: Obliviax
How is he being a drama queen, kid is a top notch talent and is eating this moment up..
How is he being a drama queen, kid is a top notch talent and is eating this moment up..
In this day and age,it seems ones word means little. In my naive view, a society has to be founded on trust. Or at least in less sophisticated, humanist times that was the case.

He is so good, a true difference maker, there is no harm in letting it play itself out. Just forget he ever verbaled to PSU if you want to follow his recruitment. If he signs a LOI to PSU next February, great. If not, we have no issues on our DE depth chart. The negative attention he gets from PSU fans doesn't help anything.

Think and act rationally, without emotion, to get the best outcome for Penn State.

Don't care what he does. Having seen him play in the biggest game of the year, purely his defensive end play considered, if he comes to Penn State, fine. If he goes elsewhere, fine. Just my opinion. If you feel otherwise, terrific.

He released a Top 6 in December and I haven't seen anything newer than that on his twitter. Most of his tweets/re-tweets are very pro-Penn State. /shrug
I sense a long term plan here on his part - knock 1 school off the list every few months and voila.....come next February there will only be one remaining. Clever kid.

He is so good, a true difference maker, there is no harm in letting it play itself out. Just forget he ever verbaled to PSU if you want to follow his recruitment. If he signs a LOI to PSU next February, great. If not, we have no issues on our DE depth chart. The negative attention he gets from PSU fans doesn't help anything.

Think and act rationally, without emotion, to get the best outcome for Penn State.

totally agree. He's a kid and deserves to do whatever he does. its between CJF and him. I heard where CJF told him to go check out other schools and enjoy the ride. If that's CJF's take, who are we to say anything different?

Its changed, kid can go anyplace he wants. The "verbal" today is just a safety net for the top kids, and coaches are only too happy to take them (verbals). 9 times out of 10, kids goes to his first verbal anyway.

Reactions: Judge Smails
totally agree. He's a kid and deserves to do whatever he does. its between CJF and him. I heard where CJF told him to go check out other schools and enjoy the ride. If that's CJF's take, who are we to say anything different?

Its changed, kid can go anyplace he wants. The "verbal" today is just a safety net for the top kids, and coaches are only too happy to take them (verbals). 9 times out of 10, kids goes to his first verbal anyway.

Exactly. He changed his mind and wants to look at other schools. It's like some PSU fans are trying to goad him into decommitting. Most kids who decommitt don't pick the original school again. Let him do what he wants and worry about other shit.

Reactions: psulion2001
Exactly. He changed his mind and wants to look at other schools. It's like some PSU fans are trying to goad him into decommitting. Most kids who decommitt don't pick the original school again. Let him do what he wants and worry about other shit.

From what I've read, he hasn't even changed his mind. He just wants to make sure that he doesn't see something that turns his head. If CJF took a job coaching the Redskins in January (unlikely as that is), I can't blame the kid for wanting to keep his options open.

This supposed student-athlete is the proverbial head case. Got kicked out of Central Dauphin and then enrolls (where parents have to pay tuition) in Harrisburg High.

I still thinks he picks PSU if the Nits put up another big year this year. Leave him alone and let it all play out. But me thinks next Feb a lot of people are going to be praising him and sounding like idiots for knocking him the last year.

You do need to keep in mind he's a kid and he could be totally different in 2 years when he matures. And from what I've heard he's got a reputation as a great teammate in HS.

Anyway, Penn State is playing from a position of strength now.

They are the hot school, they have an unbelievable defensive line program, they're just going to fire-hosing players to the NFL over the next few years.

If Parsons wants great coaching, great competition, great teammates, the chance to play in some huge games, he can come to PSU. If he chooses to go elsewhere, there will be great DL prospects across the country calling Franklin to ask about the scholarship.

Really it's all good. Parson's early commitment was very helpful to PSU at the time it happened -- before the 2016 season and the big bandwagon that followed. Even if Parsons ends up elsewhere, he has contributed in a positive way to the 2018 class.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm not saying that he ends up flipping to tOSU, and I'm not making him out to be some bag guy or whatever. I have two friends who know the kid personally (one a teacher in CD and the other has kids the same age in CD). Both have said that he was basically a really good kid. These comments were prior to the "riot" thing, and I haven't asked them about it.

Midnighter said that all tweets were pro-PSU, and I mentioned this occurrence. You can't tell me it never crossed his mind that the name he chose for his dog was the same as tOSU's mascot?

Maybe he likes all of the attention, and he was trolling us Penn State fans. I really don't see the enjoyment of trolling, but it seems to be a thing that some enjoy.

He didn't do a Kaindoh and leave PSU off? On second thought that didn't work out too well for Maryland.

I think we should scoop everyone and offer a package deal for Parsons and his buddy Riot. :oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT