ADVERTISEMENT

Parking sold out for OSU game

Since the lots are sold out, what happens if we get a lot of rain on Thursday and Friday? Can they still close them?

Since the lots are sold out, what happens if we get a lot of rain on Thursday and Friday? Can they still close them?

Rain is not in the forecast.

If it were, maybe the Nittany Mall would finally have a few cars in its parking lots.

Wow... has parking ever sold out? That could be a nightmare for folks that aren't checking the website and expecting to pay cash on game day. I'm sure they'll have signage early along entry routes.

What are the chances of me being able to sell my spare yellow pass on the way in?? People who don't already have one won't be there to buy it.

What are the chances of me being able to sell my spare yellow pass on the way in?? People who don't already have one won't be there to buy it.

Probably have to sell to people out by wal mart, or to someone who somehow gets all the way to park ave and is told to turn around.

I can guarantee that all the lots are not filled. They have port a potties down at the end of orchard road, near mill brook marsh and I’ve never seen any cars down there.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Wow... has parking ever sold out? That could be a nightmare for folks that aren't checking the website and expecting to pay cash on game day. I'm sure they'll have signage early along entry routes.
It's going to be a nightmare for the rest of us, too. There are probably going to be 1000's of people driving up to the lots, unaware that passes are sold out, expecting to buy a parking pass and tailgate. They'll have to turn around and go against traffic. No doubt some will make a big stink and clog everything up. This has the makings of a traffic disaster.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
So running over the espn gameday set and parking on Old Main Lawn is not an option?
Only if you want to play offensive line for Pitt
tenor.gif

Good odds I'd say. People who don't already have them are still going to be there because not everyone is going to hear they are sold out.

What is the metric for measuring this? Two of us that work looked at each other yesterday and we're like it's the how do you run out of parking? I never remember seeing this anybody.

Amazing. Parking passes were $50 yesterday on stub hub and now after the announcement the cheapest is $193+ fees

It's going to be a nightmare for the rest of us, too. There are probably going to be 1000's of people driving up to the lots, unaware that passes are sold out, expecting to buy a parking pass and tailgate. They'll have to turn around and go against traffic. No doubt some will make a big stink and clog everything up. This has the makings of a traffic disaster.

Apparently it was pretty bad for Kent State.

Has this happened before? I admit I do not pay much attention, but wow.
I think there have been times where the lots have filled up and people have been turned away on game day, but with the passes costing 3x as much if you buy them at the lot, and the big push by PSU to have them purchased in advance, we are in new territory here.

With the extra demand from the team being consistently good and the future bright, OSU being the biggest game of the year relatively early in the season, and a nice forecast (no jinx), we have the perfect setup.

We can probably expect this 1-2 times per season going forward if the trajectory of the program holds. What a great problem to have as fans!

I suppose some enterprising young men and women may be going around the lots purchasing "used" tickets?

If I didn't have a permit I would drive up Burrowes from College Ave around 7:45 am and start looking for one of the $25 cash lots around Palmer, the Pavilion, etc. and tailgate in the grass around there.

Get there early.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Some fool has a yellow lot pass posted on stubhub for $9,000!

Someone just posted one (yellow pass) on a FB group for $150 and he was getting blasted. There is def a crapload of Greed going on in SC this weekend

So does anyone know where a good place would be to try to sell my spare yellow pass on game day? I'm going to ask for $60 since that's what someone would normally pay if they arrived without a pass.

The day of the common man scrimping & saving to take his family to a PSU game has just about passed us by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT