ADVERTISEMENT

Football Outback Bowl Game Thread

I guess the halftime adjustments during the 2016-17-18 season were just a figment of my imagination.
You mean like the games where we gave up big leads to OSU and MSU and miraculously pulled defeat from the jaws of victory?

You mean like the games where we gave up big leads to OSU and MSU and miraculously pulled defeat from the jaws of victory?
No, I meant the wins vs OSU and the Big 10 Championship game. Why do you care, this is just an exhibition game?

I guess the halftime adjustments during the 2016-17-18 season were just a figment of my imagination.
Was it a halftime adjustment or not being ready to play? Not sure either way but I don’t see much thinking it was an adjustment.

Actually as much as I'm not enjoying this performance, I did get a text from buddy who is an Arkansas fan and he is disgusted that they are only up by 14 with the defense of freshman and sophomores we have out there.

Adequate hits a wide open Theo Johnson for a TD earlier in the game. Clifford is gutsy but ultimately doesn’t have the smarts or physical tools to be truly successful at this level.
I think he's smart enough. The pressure has got to him so he plays in fear. He gets rid of the ball too soon when he has time and forces things when he doesn't. He feels pressure every play. The OL hasn't helped and neither has the play calling.

Reactions: Cpeplion
this team stinks. It is one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember going back to the 1980s. There was a team that lost to Stanford in the Blockbuster Bowl; they just kind of gave up. This team reminds me of that.
I don’t think they gave up. They had a lot of no shows and some bad breaks. It’s the team we saw all year unfortunately. The young men out there are doing their best.

I think he's smart enough. The pressure has got to him so he plays in fear. He gets rid of the ball too soon when he has time and forces things when he doesn't. He feels pressure every play. The OL hasn't helped and neither has the play calling.

I agree. Our problem has always been about the offensive line. It never seems to get the attention it needs in recruiting, development, and execution.

The quarterbacks then don't develop and the running backs don't get the stats. Barkley was a prime example, including every quarterback in recent memory.

I wonder hope the opt out kids are enjoying watching their teammates get shoes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT