Brown (soph)
Miner ((RS frosh)
Gordon (RS frosh)

S -- Monroe (sr)
Taylor (sr)
Petrishen (sr)
Sutherland (soph)
Humphries (RS frosh)

NOTE: I listed incoming freshmen as if they would be redshirted, except for Parsons.

I love that we recruited a complete, elite d-line this year. It's a grand slam. Yes, I realize that some of these kids will start elsewhere.

DE - Oweh, Parsons? Tarburton? Friday?
1-tech - Mustipher
3-tech - Culpepper, Hawkins

The best d-lineman on the team in two years, maybe even next year (Givens?), will be Ryan Bucholtz.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
In 2 years the defense could look something like this:

DE -- Buchholtz (sr)
Miller (sr)
Simmons (jr)
Gross-Matos (jr)
Joseph (jr)
Barber (soph)
Oweh (RS frosh)

DT -- Windsor (sr)
Givens (sr)
Jordan (jr)
Shelton (jr)
Bolds (soph)
Hansard (soph)
Mustipher (RS frosh)
Hawkins (RS frosh)
Culpepper (RS frosh)

LB -- Miller (sr)
Brown (sr)
Johnson (sr)
Brooks (soph)
Parsons (soph)
Franklin (soph)
Faisen-Walsen (soph)
Tarburton (RS frosh)
Luketa (RS frosh)
Katshir (RS frosh)

CB -- Reid (sr)
Castro-Fields (jr)
McPhearson (jr)
Wade (jr)
Johnson (soph)
Brown (soph)
Miner ((RS frosh)
Gordon (RS frosh)

S -- Monroe (sr)
Taylor (sr)
Petrishen (sr)
Sutherland (soph)
Humphries (RS frosh)

NOTE: I listed incoming freshmen as if they would be redshirted, except for Parsons.

The depth at every position is Alabama - like. Franklin has done a superb job.

Agreed the D will be a force in two years. Hopefully with Stevens at QB we will be in the playoffs and NC contention.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I think Parsons ends up at OLB .... and is an unstoppable force
Agreed. I think Parsons ends up settling in as an OLB/DE hybrid as he matures. He'll be the player that the offense will need to identify where he is every single play because I think we'll line him up in a variety of spots on the field to have him attack the quarterback. Even at MLB this year, I think we'll see him blitzing on at least 50% of passing downs.

I worry about Wade being big time, believe more in TCF. Hope Wade takes off, but he has a lot of work to do.

In Wade's defense he came from a small school to playing on the highest level. I will be very interested to see how he does this upcoming year. I expect a nice step forward from him during his sophmore campaign. If Reid comes back healthy, the DB's could be very good next year, hoping we find 2 Safeties though.

In Wade's defense he came from a small school to playing on the highest level. I will be very interested to see how he does this upcoming year. I expect a nice step forward from him during his sophmore campaign. If Reid comes back healthy, the DB's could be very good next year, hoping we find 2 Safeties though.
I agree. Wade played against weak competition in high school. Fields is ahead of him. Wade will probably be the nickel back again. Linebacker is the biggest concern.

I think most people are judging Wade by his performance against Nebraska. It came towards the end of the season and it's probably fresher. Yes, he got beat, but it's a learning experience. We had 4 seniors who couldn't defend a pass with the game on the line against the Buckeyes and the same group made Lewerke look like an NFL gun slinger against Sparty. The fact he, along with Fields, managed to get on the field is a testament to their talent. Valuable experience that will hopefully shine through this year.

Reactions: royboy
I think most people are judging Wade by his performance against Nebraska. It came towards the end of the season and it's probably fresher. Yes, he got beat, but it's a learning experience. We had 4 seniors who couldn't defend a pass with the game on the line against the Buckeyes and the same group made Lewerke look like an NFL gun slinger against Sparty. The fact he, along with Fields, managed to get on the field is a testament to their talent. Valuable experience that will hopefully shine through this year.

Yes. We lose plenty of experience, but there is definitely room for improvement in our secondary's ability to cover. Wade, Castro-Fields, and Reid provide real hope in that area.

Reactions: djr4rebs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT