ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your top 5 most hated sports teams (pro or college)

This sums it up really well for me. The school, the fans, and the teams...hate isn't really strong enough to accurately depict my loathing disgust for the sewer that is that particular institution.

A short story (I've told it before, but not for a while now). My smart ass neighbor, Jim, was passing by in his shitty Ford car while I was working in the yard. I had on a PSU hat, he had on his dopey Notre Dames hat (the dude never went to college). This incident was only about 1.5 years removed from the Sandusky affair, for context.

Dip Shit Jim slows down and shouts, "still wearing that hat after all that's gone on?" I turned and said, "Jim, never forget: I wear this hat because I went to Penn State. You wear that hat because you went to Walmart."

He frowned and drove away. Asshole.
That had to leave a mark.

Reactions: odshowtime
This sums it up really well for me. The school, the fans, and the teams...hate isn't really strong enough to accurately depict my loathing disgust for the sewer that is that particular institution.

A short story (I've told it before, but not for a while now). My smart ass neighbor, Jim, was passing by in his shitty Ford car while I was working in the yard. I had on a PSU hat, he had on his dopey Notre Dames hat (the dude never went to college). This incident was only about 1.5 years removed from the Sandusky affair, for context.

Dip Shit Jim slows down and shouts, "still wearing that hat after all that's gone on?" I turned and said, "Jim, never forget: I wear this hat because I went to Penn State. You wear that hat because you went to Walmart."

He frowned and drove away. Asshole.
On a side note, I had to pass this story along to my 83 year old ND alum father who's currently living in an assisted living facility and restricted to a wheelchair... I think he literally fell out of his chair laughing

2. Duke Basketball - they could be 17-15, yet still be ranked in the top 10, and still be a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. They get by on brand, period! Slap a PSU basketball logo on their yearly resume, and see what happens!

Did you pay attention to NCAA Basketball this year or no?

Two observations...

First, crazy to me that so many people list the Red Sox. I doubt anyone would have listed them 17+ years ago. That's what winning 4 WS in typical Masshole obnoxious style will do I guess. No one hates the Indians

Second, how am I the only one that has super, top five hated for the Miami Hurricanes?
My hatred for the Hurricanes subsided a bit when Golden was their coach. I don't *like* them, but they dropped out of my top five.

I assure you red Sox fans didn't think outsiders liked them during those 86 years off The Curse. The truth is most of us don't even like ourselves.
Whenever I have to fly to Boston, there is invariably -- and i mean INVARIABLY - an incident at the airport involving some Southie family drama, often outside the Dunkin, where the son is usually screaming at the feckless mother (often in a wheelchair) something to the effect of "JUST ORDUH THE GLAZED MA WE'RE GONNA MISS OWUH PLANE!!!!"

But, your premise is false. The proof is in the idea that no one else really thinks "Boston Strong" is a particularly compelling slogan.

Reactions: odshowtime
Whenever I have to fly to Boston, there is invariably -- and i mean INVARIABLY - an incident at the airport involving some Southie family drama, often outside the Dunkin, where the son is usually screaming at the feckless mother (often in a wheelchair) something to the effect of "JUST ORDUH THE GLAZED MA WE'RE GONNA MISS OWUH PLANE!!!!"

But, your premise is false. The proof is in the idea that no one else really thinks "Boston Strong" is a particularly compelling slogan.
Sure... Boston is the only City with poor white people. How bigoted of you. I think you've seen too many movies.

Sounds like those 12 parades over the last 18 years really gets under your skin

Sure... Boston is the only City with poor white people. How bigoted of you. I think you've seen too many movies.

Sounds like those 12 parades over the last 18 years really gets under your skin
Sorry, but I've been to Philadelphia (home of morbid obesity and untreated psychosis), and the iconic episode described above is an amalgam of not insubstantial, and consistent, actual experiences at Logan. And I actually like the Patriots.

Mine:

5. thee Ohio State Buckeyes Football - obnoxious, spoiled-rotten fan base that thinks they’re Alabama!

4. Washington Capitals - I have no idea why people glorify Ovi so much! He leaves his feet, illegally, every time he hits an opponent. Between him, and that piece of shizz Tom Wilson, they’re the dirtiest team across all 4 major US sports!

3. Notre Dame football- join a conference already!!! How self-righteous are their fans!?!? Also, how is it not a “competitive advantage” for them to have their own TV contract?

2. Duke Basketball - they could be 17-15, yet still be ranked in the top 10, and still be a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. They get by on brand, period! Slap a PSU basketball logo on their yearly resume, and see what happens!

1. thee Ohio State Football Team-

You can’t spell C_CK_ _CKER without OSU!!
I loathe them and their condescending fans so much, they made this list twice!!!
Michigan football, Michigan Basketball, Michigan Volleyball, Michigan Baseball, and Michigan Wrestling.

Yet they’re never 17-15, so you can’t say that. And when they did have a down year in 2020, they didn’t even make the tourney let alone being ranked in the top 10. I think you see what you want to see, not what’s really there. Slap a PSU logo on their yearly resume and they’d be the same ranking because their resume is always good in a very good basketball conference.

Reactions: MacNit07
LA Lakers
LA Chargers ... was a San Diego ticketholder
LA Dodgers
Seattle Seahawks
USC Trojans

Dallas Cowboys
Ohio State FB
Pittsburgh Penguins
Michigan FB
North Carolina BB

5. Puke
4. Cowboys
3. Pitt - bitter, can't admit we are levels bettter than them. Living in past.
2. OSU - should be #1 but give them credit for being better program for a long time
1. UM - overbloated legacy, arrogant, weakened program yet their a$$-kissed by BT media

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Mine:

5. thee Ohio State Buckeyes Football - obnoxious, spoiled-rotten fan base that thinks they’re Alabama!

4. Washington Capitals - I have no idea why people glorify Ovi so much! He leaves his feet, illegally, every time he hits an opponent. Between him, and that piece of shizz Tom Wilson, they’re the dirtiest team across all 4 major US sports!

3. Notre Dame football- join a conference already!!! How self-righteous are their fans!?!? Also, how is it not a “competitive advantage” for them to have their own TV contract?

1. thee Ohio State Football Team-

You can’t spell C_CK_ _CKER without OSU!!
I loathe them and their condescending fans so much, they made this list twice!!!
Dallas Cowboys, Notre Dame, Yankees, Nebraska, Oklahoma

Reactions: TheGLOV
1. Notre Dame (anything)
2. New England Patriots
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Ohio State/Michigan
5.. Iowa

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT