ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your top 5 most hated sports teams (pro or college)

1. Notre dame
2. Notre dame
3. Notre dame
4. Notre dame
5. Notre dame
This sums it up really well for me. The school, the fans, and the teams...hate isn't really strong enough to accurately depict my loathing disgust for the sewer that is that particular institution.

A short story (I've told it before, but not for a while now). My smart ass neighbor, Jim, was passing by in his shitty Ford car while I was working in the yard. I had on a PSU hat, he had on his dopey Notre Dames hat (the dude never went to college). This incident was only about 1.5 years removed from the Sandusky affair, for context.

Dip Shit Jim slows down and shouts, "still wearing that hat after all that's gone on?" I turned and said, "Jim, never forget: I wear this hat because I went to Penn State. You wear that hat because you went to Walmart."

He frowned and drove away. Asshole.

Mine:

5. thee Ohio State Buckeyes Football - obnoxious, spoiled-rotten fan base that thinks they’re Alabama!

4. Washington Capitals - I have no idea why people glorify Ovi so much! He leaves his feet, illegally, every time he hits an opponent. Between him, and that piece of shizz Tom Wilson, they’re the dirtiest team across all 4 major US sports!

3. Notre Dame football- join a conference already!!! How self-righteous are their fans!?!? Also, how is it not a “competitive advantage” for them to have their own TV contract?

2. Duke Basketball - they could be 17-15, yet still be ranked in the top 10, and still be a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. They get by on brand, period! Slap a PSU basketball logo on their yearly resume, and see what happens!

1. thee Ohio State Football Team-

You can’t spell C_CK_ _CKER without OSU!!
I loathe them and their condescending fans so much, they made this list twice!!!
1. Wisconsin
2. through 6.023x10^23rd Wisconsin
...Iowa.
Whew! No more hate left.

This sums it up really well for me. The school, the fans, and the teams...hate isn't really strong enough to accurately depict my loathing disgust for the sewer that is that particular institution.

A short story (I've told it before, but not for a while now). My smart ass neighbor, Jim, was passing by in his shitty Ford car while I was working in the yard. I had on a PSU hat, he had on his dopey Notre Dames hat (the dude never went to college). This incident was only about 1.5 years removed from the Sandusky affair, for context.

Dip Shit Jim slows down and shouts, "still wearing that hat after all that's gone on?" I turned and said, "Jim, never forget: I wear this hat because I went to Penn State. You wear that hat because you went to Walmart."

He frowned and drove away. Asshole.
That is outstanding. Most ND alums despise the "subway alumni"

Reactions: BrucePa
1. Any team from L. A.
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. Michigan

There's a kid I went to HS with who drinks kraft beers and runs moonshine for Menonites out in Junthumbria, I'd like to beat him 6-2 6-1- til he's redder in the face than a Charmander.

Two observations...

First, crazy to me that so many people list the Red Sox. I doubt anyone would have listed them 17+ years ago. That's what winning 4 WS in typical Masshole obnoxious style will do I guess. No one hates the Indians

Second, how am I the only one that has super, top five hated for the Miami Hurricanes?

Duke
Wash Crapitals
Notre Dame
Michigan
Cheatriots

Pitt is a special case. I still hate them and Dope Narduzzi as much as ever, but they are permanently off the schedule so WGAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
Mine:

5. thee Ohio State Buckeyes Football - obnoxious, spoiled-rotten fan base that thinks they’re Alabama!

4. Washington Capitals - I have no idea why people glorify Ovi so much! He leaves his feet, illegally, every time he hits an opponent. Between him, and that piece of shizz Tom Wilson, they’re the dirtiest team across all 4 major US sports!

3. Notre Dame football- join a conference already!!! How self-righteous are their fans!?!? Also, how is it not a “competitive advantage” for them to have their own TV contract?

2. Duke Basketball - they could be 17-15, yet still be ranked in the top 10, and still be a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. They get by on brand, period! Slap a PSU basketball logo on their yearly resume, and see what happens!

I loathe them and their condescending fans so much, they made this list twice!!!
1. Ohio State football
2. Ohio State basketball
3. Ohio State wrestling
4. Ohio State hockey
5. Ohio State baseball

The fundamental problem with the Red Sox is that, for the better part of a century, we all thought they were cute while they remained steadfast while wallowing in their decades of misfortunate. But their insufferable fans mistook that for thinking that we actually liked them.
Can’t agree more. Living in New England when you’re not from here is insufferable, to say the least. If there is a more obnoxious fan base (for any/all sports), I certainly haven’t experienced it. That said, my baker’s Mt. Rushmore of hated teams (in no particular order) would look something like this:

Flyers
Pasterisks***
buckeyes
Ravens
Pitt

Mine:

Notre Dame
Duke Blue Devils
LA Dodgers
NY Yankees
Atlanta Braves

There's a kid I went to HS with who drinks kraft beers and runs moonshine for Menonites out in Junthumbria, I'd like to beat him 6-2 6-1- til he's redder in the face than a Charmander.

But not a shiny Charmander.

a18bf8c8652aa06c655b1d30d7136a04fe4ea072r1-996-2048v2_uhq.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV
Two observations...

First, crazy to me that so many people list the Red Sox. I doubt anyone would have listed them 17+ years ago. That's what winning 4 WS in typical Masshole obnoxious style will do I guess. No one hates the Indians

Second, how am I the only one that has super, top five hated for the Miami Hurricanes?
See above.

My list is based on the idea that whenever their name comes up, my default response is 'f that team'. There are a lot more than 5 but here are who my top 5 would be (no particular order):

Flyers
Caps
Ohio State football
Delaware anything
Packers

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Mine:

1. Lakers
2. Caps
3. Notre Dame
4. North Carolina
5. The Big10

Two observations...

Because Miami doesn’t win and have the same antics as they used to.

15 years ago this poll would have Miami F$U and the Gators all over it.

NCAA Football-Ohio St/Michigan
NCAA Basketball-Duke
NFL-Eagles and Cowboys
MLB-Red Sox, Rays and Astros
NHL-Penguins and Flyers

Last edited:
NCAA Football-Ohio St/Michigan
NCAA Basketball-Duke
NFL-Eagles and Cowboys
MLB-Res Sox, Rays and Astros
NHL-Penguins and Flyers
Let me guess - you like the NY Football Giants, the NY Yankees, and most likely the Rangers.

Dallas Cowboys

Syracuse basketball (“coach ain’t no Paterno”)

Mexico soccer

NY Yankees

Ohio State football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT