ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why aren't we talking about Preacher?

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
good gravy, a show that has Hitler writing down his future command structure for world domination on the back of a Subway napkin is pure genius!!

Seriously, Season 3 his diverted SOOOO far from the comics, but it is great to see characters like The All-Father join the cast . . . still has that dark, manic energy I love . . .

good gravy, a show that has Hitler writing down his future command structure for world domination on the back of a Subway napkin is pure genius!!

Seriously, Season 3 his diverted SOOOO far from the comics, but it is great to see characters like The All-Father join the cast . . . still has that dark, manic energy I love . . .
Because 1) we don't know what it is, and 2) it sounds terrible.

The scene with Herr Starr & The Allfather eating the horse was whacked. A direct rip off of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life Mr. Creosote restaurant scene, however. Eeewww!

PREACHER_S3_305_AMCP_SP_COMICCON.jpg

CompassionateUnluckyDikkops-max-1mb.gif

I'll talk about Preacher all day long. It's the show I've looked forward to watching each week for the last 2 months. Absolutely loved seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 drug on for me at the start with so much time spent in Angelville, felt it was spinning its wheels for a few episodes. I'm a bit concerned that they've now splintered the story into 4 directions with only 3 episodes left and it's going to feel rushed. Though this week's episode was the best of the season imo so things are looking up. While reflecting on the show as I typed this response I also just got the meaning behind the tapdancing Humperdoo joke.

When I found out that Dominic Cooper was British (from watching an episode of The Grand Tour) I was floored. Not sure if it's available on an streaming service for people to catch up, but will check later today.

I'll talk about Preacher all day long. It's the show I've looked forward to watching each week for the last 2 months. Absolutely loved seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 drug on for me at the start with so much time spent in Angelville, felt it was spinning its wheels for a few episodes. I'm a bit concerned that they've now splintered the story into 4 directions with only 3 episodes left and it's going to feel rushed. Though this week's episode was the best of the season imo so things are looking up. While reflecting on the show as I typed this response I also just got the meaning behind the tapdancing Humperdoo joke.

When I found out that Dominic Cooper was British (from watching an episode of The Grand Tour) I was floored. Not sure if it's available on an streaming service for people to catch up, but will check later today.

I’ll have more comments on the season later (SPOILER ALERT - LOVE IT!) but wanted to add that Ruth Negga is Irish and her accent is lovely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror

Cause I don't understand it anymore. I watch it and like it but don't know what the hell is going on. LOL.

The main three characters are all likeable. And you never know which way things will turn. Much more interesting than something like The Walking Dead.

The supporting cast is outstanding too - the angels, SOK, Eugene, TC & Jody, Ms. Boyd... but agree, maybe the best lead cast on TV.

The supporting cast is outstanding too - the angels, SOK, Eugene, TC & Jody, Ms. Boyd... but agree, maybe the best lead cast on TV.

Saint of Killers is one of my favorite comic book characters. Graham McTavish is nailing it. Hoping they bring the "War in the Sun" plotline to next season

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Cause I don't understand it anymore. I watch it and like it but don't know what the hell is going on. LOL.

Yea it's definitely not a show that you can half pay attention to, nor jump into midway. When watching I often have to jump back a few seconds because if I didn't catch a line or conversation I'll be lost pretty quickly.

Loved the comic and love the show for different reasons. They are really going nuts this season. I think it is Seth Rogen exploring his mind. One of the most entertaining shows on. It has a Kill Bill flavor to it. Great acting. Unbelievable story lines. Someone mentioned not knowing what is going on. I think I know so shoot your questions.

I just can't wait until they get out of the plantation. Seems slow and almost irrelevant to me, as if the purpose of it could be achieved in another, more interesting way. The rest is brilliant.

...for all the old geezers ... I thought you were talking about former Pirate pitcher Preacher Roe... ! :)

Yeah, Satan did. Gramma, her minions, and that place are putting me to sleep. I mean, the other characters are brilliant. Herr Star never ceases to amaze, although All Father is a putz.

don't know if you watch The Blacklist, but the actor who plays The All Father had a great run as the villain of Season 5

latest

was Episode 9 the bonkiest? certainly setting things up for a wild Season 3 finale

SPOILER ALERT

Hitler to the rescue! did not see that coming

the All Father's anus lives! LOL.

I have a feeling Cassidy is due to lay down an old fashioned vampire ass-whuppin

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown
was Episode 9 the bonkiest? certainly setting things up for a wild Season 3 finale

SPOILER ALERT

I have a feeling Cassidy is due to lay down an old fashioned vampire ass-whuppin

Hoping to watch tonight - has been my favorite show on TV recently after Atlanta.

SPOILER ALERT

Just watched (on vacation atm) - “Rick and his SS Shock Troops should be here soon!’ One of my favorite episodes to date. Would love to see more of the wandering Humperdoos!

LOL. Absolutely nothing like it on TV. Jesse with Genesis is much more compelling than regular Jesse. Looking forward to a hell of a finale. Especially excited to see how Cassidy ends his predicament.

I loved the demise of the All Father in the comic books, but something about his hanging, disemboweled anus crapping out the rest of Jesse's soul surpassed even Garth Ennis's twisted imagination

Just watched (on vacation atm) - “Rick and his SS Shock Troops should be here soon!’ One of my favorite episodes to date. Would love to see more of the wandering Humperdoos!

I can't wait to see if Rick survives. Where the hell did he get a tank? I friggin love the Hitler character. I just keep thinking he and Herr Star need to cross paths. Herr Star's speech on getting rid of the undisireables (Presbyterians, etc) left me in stitches.

So, how long will I have to wait for S4?! Absolutely loved the season finale - tied up all the loose ends in very satisfying ways and re-set the board for a compelling new season next year.

SPOILERS

• Angelville - Loved Jesse's no nonsense annihilation of TC, Jodie, and finally Gran'ma. I love how he 'Fight Club'd' Jodie's face into the wall of the tombs and lit it up on his way out. Doubling back to murder Gran'ma was icing on the cake. Still, I don't get how she can barter Jesse's soul in a deal with the devil. Is it because at that point she still had control over him? Minor issue - loved everything.
  • The most unexpected good time I had all night was Tulip/Hilter/Saint/AoD/Rick and the SS/Arseface. I initially wasn't a big fan of SoK, but he's grown on me. Killing Satan and gouging the eyes out of the AoD (whom is maybe the sexiest incarnation of Death I've seen...), and then taking Arseface with him (to hunt Jess I guess?) was so fun and hilarious to watch. Then seeing Hilter taking over Hell at the end was really cool 'full circle'.
  • Cassidy escapes his predicament with some quick thinking which leads to some pretty funny results ('Yeah, they're bored already.'). I liked how that all went down and even liked Hoover showing up to sort of spike things at the end ('Dontcha know I eat horse tranquilizer for breakfast?, 'I told them. This is whale.'). I really loved Cassidy on his own this season as it sort of expanded the Preacher world in a way that hasn't happened in previous seasons (Tulip, Featherstone, and Jodie going to Japan was similarly entertaining). I'll miss Eccarius and the vamp society though - they were pretty bitchin'.
  • Finally, the Grail is back, and Herr Starr is f'n pissed. I assume he killed Hoover, which was really unexpected, but even more so was Featherstone's nonchalant reaction to it. I like a more clear line between Starr/Grail and Jesse; looks like a war is brewing....
  • Additionally, God's presence was a nice reminder of why Jesse is doing all of this. Still curious as to what his plan actually is and why he's running. If they explained it, I must have missed it. Still, cool how he saved Tulip.

Anyway, probably the best season so far - there is literally nothing like it on TV. What did everyone think?

So, how long will I have to wait for S4?! Absolutely loved the season finale - tied up all the loose ends in very satisfying ways and re-set the board for a compelling new season next year.

SPOILERS

• Angelville - Loved Jesse's no nonsense annihilation of TC, Jodie, and finally Gran'ma. I love how he 'Fight Club'd' Jodie's face into the wall of the tombs and lit it up on his way out. Doubling back to murder Gran'ma was icing on the cake. Still, I don't get how she can barter Jesse's soul in a deal with the devil. Is it because at that point she still had control over him? Minor issue - loved everything.
  • The most unexpected good time I had all night was Tulip/Hilter/Saint/AoD/Rick and the SS/Arseface. I initially wasn't a big fan of SoK, but he's grown on me. Killing Satan and gouging the eyes out of the AoD (whom is maybe the sexiest incarnation of Death I've seen...), and then taking Arseface with him (to hunt Jess I guess?) was so fun and hilarious to watch. Then seeing Hilter taking over Hell at the end was really cool 'full circle'.
  • Cassidy escapes his predicament with some quick thinking which leads to some pretty funny results ('Yeah, they're bored already.'). I liked how that all went down and even liked Hoover showing up to sort of spike things at the end ('Dontcha know I eat horse tranquilizer for breakfast?, 'I told them. This is whale.'). I really loved Cassidy on his own this season as it sort of expanded the Preacher world in a way that hasn't happened in previous seasons (Tulip, Featherstone, and Jodie going to Japan was similarly entertaining). I'll miss Eccarius and the vamp society though - they were pretty bitchin'.
  • Finally, the Grail is back, and Herr Starr is f'n pissed. I assume he killed Hoover, which was really unexpected, but even more so was Featherstone's nonchalant reaction to it. I like a more clear line between Starr/Grail and Jesse; looks like a war is brewing....
  • Additionally, God's presence was a nice reminder of why Jesse is doing all of this. Still curious as to what his plan actually is and why he's running. If they explained it, I must have missed it. Still, cool how he saved Tulip.

Anyway, probably the best season so far - there is literally nothing like it on TV. What did everyone think?

Loved it. Hitler is awesome. Gran ma had Jesse's blood napkin from when she saved Tulip. Btw, I really thought hell would be happy to see the ss luftwaffe.

I want to see Herr Star call hell and find Hitler in charge. Those two need to meet up. I bet hell stops having power declines under his leadership. Do you think we see Rick down there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT