ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Well now I've read the dumbest tweet of my life inre Sandusky

Reactions: royboy and simons96
Dad2Ethan‏@757hank
@math4humans @thehecklar @emtfr yep.. Accuracy is their forte... They been reporting sports and sports related topics for quite some time

"accuracy is their forte" . . . LOL! Please make it stop! :rolleyes:

The Sandusky Scandal was not a sports related topic. Game, Set, Match.

He keeps harping on the fact that JS was a PSU coach, it's a basic day 1 fact of the case that he was an EX-Coach when he committed all his crimes.

A schmuck on another message board, in the context of college football, told me the other day that I couldn't handle that Penn State "broke the rules". o_O

Who cares?

What's even "stoopider" is that you keep reading it, let alone thinking or posting about it.
Even stupider is that enough people like that can decide who run our school boards and out towns and cities, then our states.

But you're right- who cares? What difference does it make that people can be educated and make important decisions through opinion pieces masquerading as sporting news, sitcoms, and whatever?

Exasperating. Sharon is really discerning and analytical. Yep. She carefully and thoroughly examined the facts and details of each case to the imperfect extent we know them and and came to that conclusion. Of course, "At the end of the day" is a blanket way of disclaiming any responsibility for explaining in detail how one comes to such a conclusion. Additionally, it diffuses any contrary arguments based on a reasonable and thorough analysis of the facts and differences between the two cases. "Yeah. Yeah. It's not exactly the same story." I said, "At the end of the day." And so it goes. ESPN - educating the masses.

Last edited:
He's read a lot on the subject, yet only cites ESPN. He's super smart, yet makes plenty of basic English errors. Per the tweet below, he apparently believes the 1971 BS that lasted for about 3 days before even the media dropped it because it was so far fetched. He doesn't know when JS retired. He thinks we are biased because we are too close to the school, the real question is, why is he so biased against PSU to ignore all the facts and keep kids in harms way?

Dad2Ethan ‏@757hank 2h2 hours ago

@wgross17 considering there were issues beginning in 1971 it was still a benefit of his to be associated with John Capelleti et al.

Reactions: simons96
Even stupider is that enough people like that can decide who run our school boards and out towns and cities, then our states.

But you're right- who cares? What difference does it make that people can be educated and make important decisions through opinion pieces masquerading as sporting news, sitcoms, and whatever?

I have some news for you:

"Educating" people about the scandal is pissing into the wind. The narrative isn't changing, John Q. Public doesn't care, nor should we care what he thinks.

Those that have always hated PSU still hate PSU, and those that love PSU still love PSU. Nothing is going to change either.

"Educating" people about the scandal is pissing into the wind. The narrative isn't changing, John Q. Public doesn't care, nor should we care what he thinks.

Those that have always hated PSU still hate PSU, and those that love PSU still love PSU. Nothing is going to change either.
Riddle me this, oh great Oracle: If John Q. Public doesn't care, why in the hell are all of these opinion pieces bringing up 4.5 year old news about the Sandusky affair?

Riddle me this, oh great Oracle: If John Q. Public doesn't care, why in the hell are all of these opinion pieces bringing up 4.5 year old news about the Sandusky affair?

You proved my point--thank you. The idiots writing them have always hated PSU, and no amount of educating them is going to help "change the narrative".

News about PSU hits sports pages or front web pages for about 30 seconds, and then it goes away because no one cares. It doesn't generate sustained clicks anymore, because the blood thirsty wolves already got what they want.

You proved my point--thank you. The idiots writing them have always hated PSU, and no amount of educating them is going to help "change the narrative".

News about PSU hits sports pages or front web pages for about 30 seconds, and then it goes away because no one cares. It doesn't generate sustained clicks anymore, because the blood thirsty wolves already got what they want.
You said they didn't care, now you say they hate. If they hate, do they care?

You said they didn't care, now you say they hate. If they hate, do they care?

You aren't comprehending my point.

They hate Penn State. They're not going to change their opinion.

You're foolish for thinking otherwise, and I'll leave you with the last word.....because no amount of logic is going to change your opinion, either.

He's read a lot on the subject, yet only cites ESPN. He's super smart, yet makes plenty of basic English errors. Per the tweet below, he apparently believes the 1971 BS that lasted for about 3 days before even the media dropped it because it was so far fetched. He doesn't know when JS retired. He thinks we are biased because we are too close to the school, the real question is, why is he so biased against PSU to ignore all the facts and keep kids in harms way?

Dad2Ethan ‏@757hank 2h2 hours ago

@wgross17 considering there were issues beginning in 1971 it was still a benefit of his to be associated with John Capelleti et al.

He's a redneck Cowboys fan...apologies to the Dallas Cowboys (never thought I'd say that)...

You aren't comprehending my point.

They hate Penn State. They're not going to change their opinion.

You're foolish for thinking otherwise, and I'll leave you with the last word.....because no amount of logic is going to change your opinion, either.
You're not understanding your own ignorance. It is IMPOSSIBLE to hate and not care at the same time.

Here's some news for you: Nowhere in my post did I mention Penn State nor anything about people liking or hating the school, the football team, or the alumni.

My point was that people are claiming to be educated on a whole host of subjects by ESPN and other TV networks. So because their favorite broadcaster or celebrity thinks a certain way, they will too. Don't you find it the least bit unnerving that important issues our society faces will be voted on by people who are listening to what an ESPN announcer or a Kardashian or some other reality TV show personality tells them is so?

A schmuck on another message board, in the context of college football, told me the other day that I couldn't handle that Penn State "broke the rules". o_O

15408.jpg

Reactions: simons96
The Sandusky Scandal was not a sports related topic. Game, Set, Match.

He keeps harping on the fact that JS was a PSU coach, it's a basic day 1 fact of the case that he was an EX-Coach when he committed all his crimes.

Unfortunately, that's not true. Several of the crimes that Sandusky was convicted of did in fact happened while he was still coaching. The charges stretched over a 15 year period, from the 90s up to 2008.

Unfortunately, that's not true. Several of the crimes that Sandusky was convicted of did in fact happened while he was still coaching. The charges stretched over a 15 year period, from the 90s up to 2008.

Please elaborate, which victims specifically? When did the abuse occur? Where did the abuse occur? and if on Penn State's campus, when was PSU made aware?

Please elaborate, which victims specifically? When did the abuse occur? Where did the abuse occur? and if on Penn State's campus, when was PSU made aware?

Why? I'm not trying to rehash the whole trial, I'm just pointing out the erroneous statement that you made. Who the victims were; where the abuse occurred; whether it was on the Penn State campus or not; and when, or if, PSU was made aware it are all relevant as far as your statement that he didn't commit any crimes during his tenure as a coach.

Sandusky Timeline

UncleLar said:
Why? I'm not trying to rehash the whole trial, I'm just pointing out the erroneous statement that you made. Who the victims were; where the abuse occurred; whether it was on the Penn State campus or not; and when, or if, PSU was made aware it are all relevant as far as your statement that he didn't commit any crimes during his tenure as a coach.

Sandusky Timeline

I realize that who the victims were; where the abuse occurred; whether it was on the Penn State campus or not; and when, or if, PSU was made aware it are all relevant as far as my statement... that's why I asked.

The basis of your timeline is the oh so factual Grand Jury Report, "blurry memories", and the janitor with dementia. I think you need an updated source.

I realize that who the victims were; where the abuse occurred; whether it was on the Penn State campus or not; and when, or if, PSU was made aware it are all relevant as far as my statement... that's why I asked.

The basis of your timeline is the oh so factual Grand Jury Report, "blurry memories", and the janitor with dementia. I think you need an updated source.

uncle lar should stick to sports.

Sandusky was convicted on counts that involved offenses committed on the Penn State campus. That's a fact.
You make Penn Staters look stupid when you try to claim otherwise.

Sandusky was convicted on counts that involved offenses committed on the Penn State campus. That's a fact.
That is the truth. Almost as stupid as "Shultz was the police"

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

Yes we know, the Mike M. incident where nothing happened, and the janitor with dementia. Because everyone knows that when you commit crimes, it makes sense to do them in a place you can easily be caught. Thank you for using such SOLID evidence and logic to sully the reputation of my alma mater. Why are you so insistent on skipping common sense and trying to make PSU look bad?

That is the truth. Almost as stupid as "Shultz was the police"

That is a stupid comment, Shultz wasn't the police, no one will argue that. But Gary Schultz absolutely was.

Welcome to the board new guy! We anxiously await the to hear the point of view you've been building on the TSM scandal while lurking in the shadows, and have now graciously decided to bestow upon us at this exact moment, years in to the discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT