ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We lost a Bench Dog the other day...

She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

68a287c1e8d7e076ec08aea84995a93d--rainbow-bridge-dog-all-about-animals.jpg

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Umm, it's Steven Bench's dog, not mine. I have a Siamese dog, and he's doing aok.

The Trenton Thunder just lost their bat boy, a 9 year old Golden Retriever named Derby. He passed away from cancer. He's been retrieving bats at Thunder games since he was 2. We usually make a game or two every season. Sad loss for the franchise.

Reactions: kevin310
How old was he? By the pics, he looked to be about 12. The special Golden Retrievers don’t live much longer than that.

I had one that lived to 15, one to 7, and currently one who just turned 11. Best dogs in the entire world.

And yes, this is a strange thread LMFAO

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
The Trenton Thunder just lost their bat boy, a 9 year old Golden Retriever named Derby. He passed away from cancer. He's been retrieving bats at Thunder games since he was 2. We usually make a game or two every season. Sad loss for the franchise.

F cancer, took my 7 year old golden.

SB will always be a Penn Stater to me. Seemed like he loved the place but saw no future there.

First of all, Sorry for your loss.

Second, thank you for making me realize I need another cup of coffee. Being an aspiring woodworker, I read bench dog and thought of those pegs you use in a bench to hold pieces of wood still.

http://www.rockler.com/workshop-accessories/bench-dogs-and-holddowns

Silly me...:confused:

Anyway, very hard to lose a pet. Partially why I'm afraid to adopt a pet right now. Time is the other reason.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Goldens ALWAYS seem to be smiling, as if they know something we don’t know. I’m sure that’s probably true.

My best friend’s neighbor just had to put her golden (Max) down. He was so good when Fonzie was just a puppy, watching them play together was a riot. Now she has the new puppy, a baby golden named Hank. Now that our 12 day stretch of not getting above 20* is broken, hopefully get to meet him soon.

Goldens without a doubt are one of my 4-5 most favorite breeds!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT