ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USC's Haden serves on several paid boards, daughter has no-show post paying $68k

His daughter has a sweet gig too - one hour a week for $68,000 per year? Nice work if you can get it I guess...
No kidding. That's better than most of the patronage gigs associated with that bloated warthog PA State Legislature. Suuuweeet!

Reactions: 91Joe95
His daughter has a sweet gig too - one hour a week for $68,000 per year? Nice work if you can get it I guess...
Too bad she lives too far away to show up annually for an advisory job in Harrisburg. She obviously has the experience but we couldn't afford her if she had to be compensated for travel time and expense.

I will never forgive Haden for his commentary during one of the stupid Army All American games years ago. Had some comments like "Why would any recruit go to Penn State with Joe at the age he is" etc etc etc. Screw that guy. Hope the worst for him.

I will never forgive Haden for his commentary during one of the stupid Army All American games years ago. Had some comments like "Why would any recruit go to Penn State with Joe at the age he is" etc etc etc. Screw that guy. Hope the worst for him.

Thanks for the reminder on that.

Running on to the field to argue a call during a game, hiring Sarkisian. etc. -- how many mistakes before he gets canned himself?

The more he tried to justify, the worse he sounded. One side of his mouth was saying that he never attended meetings and hardly spent any time at all working the outside gigs, thereby "proving" how much time he dedicated to USC. The other side of his mouth was adamant that these outside interests drew enough of his time and expertise to justify paying him so much.

The worst part of that whole article, though, was this:

"The Mayr Foundation, which had net assets of about $19 million, distributed $645,000 in grants last year to educational institutions, including USC, and scholarships, while paying its four board members and the trust administrator a total of $410,000."

Seriously? Nearly 40% in board/administration salaries? And that's the same foundation that, even by their 'corrected' accounting, paid Haden's daughter $68K to work 15 hours/week. I get a decent paycheck, but I'd trade for a couple of those jobs in a heartbeat!

Reactions: mn78psu83
The more he tried to justify, the worse he sounded. One side of his mouth was saying that he never attended meetings and hardly spent any time at all working the outside gigs, thereby "proving" how much time he dedicated to USC. The other side of his mouth was adamant that these outside interests drew enough of his time and expertise to justify paying him so much.

The worst part of that whole article, though, was this:

"The Mayr Foundation, which had net assets of about $19 million, distributed $645,000 in grants last year to educational institutions, including USC, and scholarships, while paying its four board members and the trust administrator a total of $410,000."

Seriously? Nearly 40% in board/administration salaries? And that's the same foundation that, even by their 'corrected' accounting, paid Haden's daughter $68K to work 15 hours/week. I get a decent paycheck, but I'd trade for a couple of those jobs in a heartbeat!

I know that it isn't likely something for which they could be prosecuted, but it's still criminal.

Wow, a newspaper called out something that is wrong at a university. Centre Daily Times is 100% silent on Joyner's fake job that he is currently enjoying. The university even said he was only being retained to "help his pension."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT