ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Three U Albany students to face possible charges (link) ...

RochLion

Jun 3, 2001
for having falsely claimed they were harassed, punched, and called the "n" word on a city bus on Jan 30.

There's been a lot of upheaval following the incident on campus and the President sent out an email to the student body on how disappointed he was and how this would be addressed immediately. Wow ... talk about another school rushing to judgement.

This whole thing smacks of the Tawanna Brawley/Al Sharpton case of the 80's which was a hot issue when I was at PSU.

One of the girls, Asha Burwell, brother is Tyreek Burwell ... an NFL lineman. Tyreek tweeted, after the incident, to one of the "harassers", that he had better hope that the police get to him before he does". That threatened UAlbany student has since had to leave the school for fear of his life. Pretty disgusting how this has spiraled out of control.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/art...-bus-attack-to-face-6852350.php#photo-9373290

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
This is a fantastic quote on so many levels:

Asked whether the videos call the women's claims into doubt, Green said: "I think that's the thing you're going to have to leave to other people who are investigating this and talking to them all, you know, because I can't venture to guess what actually happened."

The 3 are being charged per CNN today - they made the whole thing up and were the ones who beat up the other passenger and used racial slurs themselves - doesn't help others who actually have been victims of this stuff now people will be let apt to believe them.

Reactions: Ski
Below is Albany president, Robert Jones, response when challenged on his hasty response. Sounds like some PSU Board members.

UAlbany president Robert Jones to WNYT, on his initial statements in response to the incident: "As I've said several times and I'll repeat it once more, we responded as quickly as we can, based on the information we had at the moment. And my instinct is always,anytime any of our students come forward with any kind of indication they've been hurt or harmed, we're always going to lead with compassion." [WNYT]

If you (mod) are going to delete select messages within a thread you might as well nuke the whole thing.

Some people just can't handle reality I guess.

Reactions: Ski and 5b99MNCs
not sure what was wrong with any of the posts other than some people just live under rocks.

I'd love to hear from a mod as to what was the issue but that will never happen.

I've been on this site since very close to the beginning when it was plotit. I'm thinking it was around 1993 or 1994. It has jumped the shark.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT