ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thread on Iowa board

"kids got raped over the years on campus" - Right there is something that people believe to be fact but isn't. There was only 1 purported instance of "molestation", the one McQueary witnessed and it was reported. No other instance of a child being raped or molested on Penn State's campus was ever reported.
The acceptable number is? None other reported.....hmmm. Not playing moral high ground...just think better of you guys, always have, this misses the point most to those without a dog in the Penn State hunt.
What the hell are you talking about! There was one incident that was witnessed and it was reported. There are no other instances witnessed so none other reported. What don’t you understand Nimrod?

The 98 allegations Sandusky did work for PSU. Even in 2001, people can argue that he did not work for PSU, that is true, problem is he had an office on the PSU campus, had a PSU email address, full use of the PSU facilities...he may not have been getting a pay check from PSU, but he was treated as an employee.

He was cleared by professionals in 1998 for an incident that occurred at a local high school with a non-PSU student. Not sure why you brought that up.

Employee (noun) - a person employed for wages or salary, especially at non-executive level.

I don't argue over the nitty gritty details or the nuances of Sandusky's role at PSU, I just point out to people that bash PSU that ultimately everyone who could have stopped it was fired, some what to jail, PSU paid over a hundred million dollars to victims, accepted full responsibility, what more do people want.

The state trained professionals at DPW/CYS/TSM that cleared him in 1998 and to adopt many times, Mike M., his dad, Dranov, (anyone else he told)... all could have stopped it before PSU was ever involved. None of them were fired, fined or went to Jail. In fact Mike made millions of dollars off the situation. Let's also not forget that TSM was involved when PSU made a report to them in 2001.

When exactly did PSU accept responsibility, and what specifically did they admit responsibility for? I certainly hope you are not interpreting Curley and Schultz accepting a plea deal where they were promised no jail time as PSU accepting responsibility.

The 98 allegations Sandusky did work for PSU. Even in 2001, people can argue that he did not work for PSU, that is true, problem is he had an office on the PSU campus, had a PSU email address, full use of the PSU facilities...he may not have been getting a pay check from PSU, but he was treated as an employee.

He was cleared by professionals in 1998 for an incident that occurred at a local high school with a non-PSU student. Not sure why you brought that up.

Employee (noun) - a person employed for wages or salary, especially at non-executive level.

I don't argue over the nitty gritty details or the nuances of Sandusky's role at PSU, I just point out to people that bash PSU that ultimately everyone who could have stopped it was fired, some what to jail, PSU paid over a hundred million dollars to victims, accepted full responsibility, what more do people want.

The state trained professionals at DPW/CYS/TSM that cleared him in 1998 and to adopt many times, Mike M., his dad, Dranov, (anyone else he told)... all could have stopped it before PSU was ever involved. None of them were fired, fined or went to Jail. In fact Mike made millions of dollars off the situation. Let's also not forget that TSM was involved when PSU made a report to them in 2001.

When exactly did PSU accept responsibility, and what specifically did they admit responsibility for? I certainly hope you are not interpreting Curley and Schultz accepting a plea deal where they were promised no jail time as PSU accepting responsibility.
This is so beyond what a Hawkeye could understand.

They will never admit it, but what they want is to win football games. truth be damned.

Bingo! It’s all that matters to them and the fact they can’t just feeds into their inferiority complex. The fact we wax them in wrestling every year makes it worse for them.

What the hell is with Iowa. Eveey year the Week before Iowa game we get bombarded with Iowa trolls spouting Sandusky nonsense. Ten times more then any other BIG fanbase except Rutgers.
I just don't get these people.

I know it's just interent fans but still leaves horrid taste in my mouth with Iowa fan base.
Way worse than Rutgers. I'll take Rutgers all day over Iowa fans. They have absolutely been the most ignorant.

Proposal: Let's start a real rivalry game with Iowa. Penn State THON vs Iowa THON. This will raise Iowa's game #FTK.

Reactions: Zenophile
"kids got raped over the years on campus" - Right there is something that people believe to be fact but isn't. There was only 1 purported instance of "molestation", the one McQueary witnessed and it was reported. No other instance of a child being raped or molested on Penn State's campus was ever reported.

and that was one of the charges Sandusky was acquitted of. Very few outside of PSU know that.

For what it’s worth, we have some of the worst internet fans in the world. I know every fan base has “bad apples,” but I swear ours are on another level. And they flock to forums to circle jerk with one another. It’s embarrassing. I think most Iowa fans are on the opposite end of the spectrum and are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet.

I don't think you are alone in that. I've found that some of those "iowa" fans or "penn state" fans that flock to other forums aren't really Iowa or Penn State fans at all. They are usually other teams fans, in our case mostly pitt fans. In your case maybe Iowa St. or Nebraska fans.

I get Penn State fans moving on. That’s the gig. This story is not one from which Rob Howe can move on. The Pierre Pierce analogy is fair....the coaching staff tried to cover that disgusting episode up, there will be no statues in Iowa City to anyone remotely involved, and certainly no fair minded individual should claim a moral high ground. Disgusting is disgusting.
Go away. Why don’t we discuss something like wrestling. Oops.

Reactions: royboy
What the hell are you talking about! There was one incident that was witnessed and it was reported. There are no other instances witnessed so none other reported. What don’t you understand Nimrod?
Another case of the uneducated on the subject, which of course is par for the course for Pitt fans and Iowa fans that frequent these message boards. Their hatred of everything about Penn State never ceases to amaze.

And no institution has gone to greater lengths to change the ‘supposed athletic only culture’ than Penn State after the Sandusky scandal. The NCAA has admitted so and others appointed to audit the changes. Yet these same morons continue to spill hatred and venom about our culture years after the changes and current accountability have been initiated. Pure hatred and lack of understanding of anything on the subject.

Iowa fans have a high degree of insecurity. One of the ways they compensate is through Virtue Signalling

TOP DEFINITION
Virtue Signalling -- conspicuous but essentially useless action ostensibly to support a good cause but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else.

iowa does nothing better than Penn State except for sucking ass.

Hey, iowa: Wrestling.

Reactions: Zenophile
Iowa fans have a high degree of insecurity. One of the ways they compensate is through Virtue Signalling

TOP DEFINITION
Virtue Signalling -- conspicuous but essentially useless action ostensibly to support a good cause but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else.

iowa does nothing better than Penn State except for sucking ass.

Hey, iowa: Wrestling.
Bob you need to be careful how you phrase things. You just stated that were second in sucking ass. That doesn’t sound good.

At least this guy treats innocent MSU alumni like crap too. It's the worst when people dump on us and not them.

He can still eat shit and die though.

Safely talking shit from Iowa, knowing full well no civilized person will go there to set him straight.

And no institution has gone to greater lengths to change the ‘supposed athletic only culture’ than Penn State after the Sandusky scandal. The NCAA has admitted so and others appointed to audit the changes. Yet these same morons continue to spill hatred and venom about our culture years after the changes and current accountability have been initiated. Pure hatred and lack of understanding of anything on the subject.
That’s because we’re not losing. Deep down these clowns are the ones that only care about football. If we were 1-11 every year and had completely fallen off the map, I bet they would be impressed with how much we changed and how we really “got it” after the Sandusky situation. Then they’d make fun of us for being a terrible football team, but they’d respect us.

Reactions: Madsol

The culture change at Penn State is a total farce. There was no culture problem then and there isn’t one now. It’s always been Success With Honor.

I know some Iowa grads (one of them works in my office and her family still lives there) and they're generally nice people. As has been pointed out, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people, and for the Holier Than Thou Hawkeye Internet Brigade, this is for you:

Serial Sexual Abuser Resigns from Iowa Athletic Department: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-adviser-accused-trading-tickets-sex/1695949/

Ferentz and Iowa Athletic Department Try to Squelch Investigation of Rape by Two Football Players:
https://deadspin.com/university-of-iowa-athletic-staff-conspired-to-cover-up-5027393

Local Creep Wanders Iowa Campus Sexually Assaulting 8 Victims in 15 Hours:
https://www.kimt.com/content/news/M...s-sex-assaults-takes-plea-deal-459311183.html

Multiple Accusations of Sexual Abuse and Harassment by Iowa Faculty and Grad Student:
https://thetab.com/us/iowa/2018/01/...udents-and-staff-in-anonymous-google-doc-6853

Student Charged in Iowa Dormitory Sex Assault:
https://www.press-citizen.com/story...l-abuse-reported-dormitory-assault/444768002/

Sounds like Iowa City, the Iowa Athletic Department, and the university's faculty are all chock full of sexual criminals and rapist enablers who try to sweep sex crimes under the rug. Better look in the mirror before pointing fingers lest you reveal yourselves to be one of the sanctimonious hypocrites or degenerate creeps your University clearly harbors.

Last edited:
The culture change at Penn State is a total farce. There was no culture problem then and there isn’t one now. It’s always been Success With Honor.
So, Bob, are you telling us that all of your “I hate us” and “Culture Problem” posts were tongue in cheek? Who knew? ;)

I know some Iowa grads (one of them works in my office and her family still lives there) and they're generally nice people. As has been pointed out, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people, and for the Holier Than Thou Hawkeye Internet Brigade, this is for you:

Serial Sexual Abuser Resigns from Iowa Athletic Department: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-adviser-accused-trading-tickets-sex/1695949/

Ferentz and Iowa Athletic Department Try to Squelch Investigation of Rape by Two Football Players:
https://deadspin.com/university-of-iowa-athletic-staff-conspired-to-cover-up-5027393

Local Creep Wanders Iowa Campus Sexually Assaulting 8 Victims in 15 Hours:
https://www.kimt.com/content/news/M...s-sex-assaults-takes-plea-deal-459311183.html

Multiple Accusations of Sexual Abuse and Harassment by Iowa Faculty and Grad Student:
https://thetab.com/us/iowa/2018/01/...udents-and-staff-in-anonymous-google-doc-6853

Student Charged in Iowa Dormitory Sex Assault:
https://www.press-citizen.com/story...l-abuse-reported-dormitory-assault/444768002/

Sounds like Iowa City, the Iowa Athletic Department, and the university's faculty are all chock full of sexual criminals and rapist enablers who try to sweep sex crimes under the rug. Better look in the mirror before pointing fingers lest you reveal yourselves to be one of the sanctimonious hypocrites or degenerate creeps your University clearly harbors.

iowa should be burned down to the ground.

For a long time I detested Iowa over the reactions of many of their fans during the Sandusky Scandal. They were as bad as any, except perhaps, Rutgers. Of late, I naively thought the passage of time had brought some sense to their fan base. I was wrong. Not that any of them would care, but I will go back to despising the lot of them and hoping they lose every game, in every sport, from now until the end of time.
Sadly, I believe that the Iowa fans are not alone in their convictions. Pathetic as it may seem, the fact that PSU has recently dealt Iowa some disheartening losses on the football field likely encourages some of their more unhinged fans in these convictions.

They're even more bitter about Sanderson becoming the next Gable and PSU dominating the one sport where Iowa has ever been relevant.
My point in a previous thread. The latent wrestling animas is at least partly hidden behind the football program they believe is more vulnerable. They dislike Cael in the strongest of terms and envy our dynasty. I hope they are gifted to do so for a very long time added to a fit of very long football jealousy.

As noted, many from Iowa are decent folks, some even wandered to this site with open hearts but several came to be abusive and pound the false narrative the media so loves to espouse. And what we have a game with them the crazies come out yearly. I like the rivalry but do not enjoy the lunacy that accompanies it on the net.

Stumbling across this late. PSU fooyball fan since 77-78 IU basketball about the same. From Indiana. I skimmed a lot , I knew of Pierre Pierce , Steve Alford was our golden boy as a player . No he doesn't compare to Joe. As a player he was everything you could appreciate as a fan and if he did for PSU football what he did for IU basketball as a player he is that top 5 guy. Sadly that incident with Pierre Pierce will haunt him and he is much more responsible than anything Joe did . Iowa, Michigan St, Ohio st . It is funny the focus, do an ESPN on the good Joe Paterno did. The Good Knight did , always anything bad . In the mid 80's Steve Alford was bigger in Indiana than any PSU football player has ever been in PA. Yet Iowa sweeps this stuff under the rug. Alford takes a beating mostly, on any basketball boards here over that situation Just a perspective and I don't think Iowa mostly is real proud of Steve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT