ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Rutgers Way on Covid

A 2-4 week turnaround time for RU to make a decision regarding a Vac waiver?

It looks like the kid is SOL since I don’t see what rutgres would consider a legitimate medical or religious exemption.

The kid is not enrolled in an online degree program. He intends to take his classes 100% virtually, but is there a chance that a class would require him on campus for any reason (lab, technical issue, etc.)? That may be rutgres’ out here.

The bottom line is that yes, he might be healthy but he can spread it to others that aren't as healthy and thus, filling our hospitals which is the real problem for me. I just had a golfing buddy that had his knee replacements postponed because of Covid starting to take over in my area. He's looking around now for other options

The real problem in our society anymore - at least in my view - is that a good chunk of our people get locked into a view / stance and absolutely refuse to change out of the fear of losing face even when facts are staring them in the face. You see it throughout politics, this Covid pandemic - basically everywhere - really sad

A 2-4 week turnaround time for RU to make a decision regarding a Vac waiver?
How's this kid going to get a religious or medical waiver? I don't think "not finding Covid to be scary" because of your age group would qualify under most definitions.

Also, sounds like Rutgers' policy on vaccinations has been public since March 2021. The kid had plenty of time to get the shot, file a waiver request, or transfer, and now he wants to cry to the New York Post because he thought the rules wouldn't apply to him when the rubber hit the road.

The bottom line is that yes, he might be healthy but he can spread it to others that aren't as healthy and thus, filling our hospitals which is the real problem for me. I just had a golfing buddy that had his knee replacements postponed because of Covid starting to take over in my area. He's looking around now for other options

The real problem in our society anymore - at least in my view - is that a good chunk of our people get locked into a view / stance and absolutely refuse to change out of the fear of losing face even when facts are staring them in the face. You see it throughout politics, this Covid pandemic - basically everywhere - really sad
please detail for me, the risks of a 20-something getting it, her personal risks and him spreading it from online classes? Thanks in advance.

How's this kid going to get a religious or medical waiver? I don't think "not finding Covid to be scary" because of your age group would qualify under most definitions.

Also, sounds like Rutgers' policy on vaccinations has been public since March 2021. The kid had plenty of time to get the shot, file a waiver request, or transfer, and now he wants to cry to the New York Post because he thought the rules wouldn't apply to him when the rubber hit the road.

Maybe he wants to prove a point. Just like the gay couple who asked Jack Phillips to bake their wedding cake when they could have gone to countless other bakeries with their request.

please detail for me, the risks of a 20-something getting it, her personal risks and him spreading it from online classes? Thanks in advance.
Not here to argue but this kid - along with others - I'm sure has contact with other students - and other friends - and could end up spreading it and I would assume that's what Rutgers in trying to eliminate. I don't know the exact risks and don't have answers. All I can do is follow the advice of science and our medical field which says get vaccinated. Just that simple. This Delta BS is blowing up all over the country and it really didn't need to come to that.

The real problem is people believing everything the government and media feed them

Not here to argue but this kid - along with others - I'm sure has contact with other students - and other friends - and could end up spreading it and I would assume that's what Rutgers in trying to eliminate. I don't know the exact risks and don't have answers. All I can do is follow the advice of science and our medical field which says get vaccinated. Just that simple. This Delta BS is blowing up all over the country and it really didn't need to come to that.
so, vaccinated people who contract it can't spread it?

Ther is a reason why people are rioting in Germany, UK, France, and Australia.

so, vaccinated people who contract it can't spread it?

Ther is a reason why people are rioting in Germany, UK, France, and Australia.
Of course they can but the point here is hospitalizations and DEATHS - our biggest issues right now. The comparison between the vaccinated and non-vaccinated is not in the same universe. I knew the vaccine wasn't !00% - very few are but I knew it would severely limit the damage if I did get it. Not that hard and I'll let it go here.

Last edited:
Reactions: StL_lion
The real problem is people believing everything the government and media feed them
We agree 100%. Biggest a-holes out there. But I will follow science and the medical field who know far more than any of us on this board

Of course they can but the point here is hospitalizations and DEATHS - our biggest issues right now. The comparison between the vaccinated and non-vaccinated is not in the same universe. I knew the vaccine wasn't !00% - very few in the past are but I knew it would severely limit the damage if I did get it. Not that hard and I'll let it go here.
Deaths, age 17 and below, is at 400. 3,000 if you look at 30 and below. The vast majority of these had a comorbidity or were obese. It is tougher to track hospitalizations but the press had been caught, several times, taking stats our of context or simply lying (this weekend, there was a report that 70% of calls into an OD hotline were based on Ivermectin when it turned out to be 2%.).

So given the age, no comorbidity, and reports that those vaccinated who get sick are as viral as those who are unvaccinated (let alone that the guy wasn't going to physically go to class) I have a hard time understanding this point of view.

I do respect the opinions of those who are uber conservative with regard to this virus. However, we are now to the point where each individual needs to assess their personal risk profile and make good choices.

He can spread it to others virtually? Wow, that’s some virus.

He can spread it to others virtually? Wow, that’s some virus.
It sure is. Basically it comes down to a business dictating their own way of doing things - they have every right. Didn't always care for some of my companies rules but if I didn't like it, I always had the choice to move on

It sure is. Basically it comes down to a business dictating their own way of doing things - they have every right. Didn't always care for some of my companies rules but if I didn't like it, I always had the choice to move on

Business? This is a non-profit state university.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
Deaths, age 17 and below, is at 400. 3,000 if you look at 30 and below. The vast majority of these had a comorbidity or were obese. It is tougher to track hospitalizations but the press had been caught, several times, taking stats our of context or simply lying (this weekend, there was a report that 70% of calls into an OD hotline were based on Ivermectin when it turned out to be 2%.).

So given the age, no comorbidity, and reports that those vaccinated who get sick are as viral as those who are unvaccinated (let alone that the guy wasn't going to physically go to class) I have a hard time understanding this point of view.

I do respect the opinions of those who are uber conservative with regard to this virus. However, we are now to the point where each individual needs to assess their personal risk profile and make good choices.
This past weekend with the college football scene was great because it showed that many, many people understand the risks of not only this virus, but also of life in general, and are willing to get on with living rather than worry about dying. I really believe that this past weekend will do a lot to kick society in the ass about moving forward, because this virus isn't going anywhere any time soon, regardless of vaccines, masks, lockdowns, etc.; it's just something that people are going to have to learn to live with probably for the rest of our lives.

By the way, I am vaccinated, so I have not treated this situation in a cavalier manner.

This past weekend with the college football scene was great because it showed that many, many people understand the risks of not only this virus, but also of life in general, and are willing to get on with living rather than worry about dying. I really believe that this past weekend will do a lot to kick society in the ass about moving forward, because this virus isn't going anywhere any time soon, regardless of vaccines, masks, lockdowns, etc.; it's just something that people are going to have to learn to live with probably for the rest of our lives.

By the way, I am vaccinated, so I have not treated this situation in a cavalier manner.
it will be interesting to see how many games ended as spreaders. But there are riots worldwide on this. It isn't just a USA issue. People, in the majority, are fed up and done. I went to Chipotle last night after golfing with my daughter. Walking in, there was a sign saying masks were required. I went back to the car to get masks. When I walked in, out of probably 60 or so people, I was the only one wearing a mask.

Last edited:
it will be interesting to see how many games ended as spreaders. But there are riots worldwide on this. It isn't just a USA issue. People, in the majority, are fed up and done. I went to Chipotle last night after golfing with my daughter. Walking in, there was a sign saying masks were required. I went back to the car to get masks. When I walked it, out of probably 60 or so people, I was the only one wearing a mask.
That's been my experience too with even places that are kindly requesting masks, like Giant Eagle. I have not worn a mask in a public place sine early June, and haven't been asked to wear one by any private business in which I have patronized.

I feel like Governor DeSantis does; if you want to wear a mask, then by all means wear one.

Woul
Would he be spreading it to others not vaccinated? at this point baring a medical condition preventing it there is really no sound medical reason not to be vaccinated so if you aren't and get COVID that is really on you at this time.

Did everyone at the Rutgers game wear a mask? If not, then they have some inconsistency in how their dictating their rules. And are they self funded? If not, then they’re not a business.

Look, not here to argue and force my opinion on anyone - I speak about the vaccine from experience.

Not sure if it was this board - maybe another - but I've stated in the past I'm extremely close with my grandson. Probably closer than I am with any of my children. We golf quite a bit - 20 to 25 times a year - and even at 71 I can still give him a run for his money - well, occasionally :) . He's an excellent golfer and athlete in general - well, let me rephrase that - was an excellent golfer.

He caught Covid quite a few months back an was healthy at the time but was not vaccinated. He had problems breathing and still does. Physically, he's a shell of what he use to be and at times just has absolutely no energy - which just kills me to see. I'm sick to my stomach about it and really worried about what the long term effects can be, especially on his heart and lungs. Really, no one knows at this point. And how many of us know people who was originally was anti-vaccine and saw - or lost - a loved one affected - or even die from it and change their mind and get it

So please, please people, give medicine and science a chance and get the vaccine. Is it perfect, NO. But it's the best we have to fight this horrible disease right now. I know many people like to stand their ground on issues, but this thing is kicking our asses. I really feel bad for the overworked medical field. They sure don't deserve this - especially when many of the recent hospitalizations and deaths were preventable

Look, not here to argue and force my opinion on anyone - I speak about the vaccine from experience.

Not sure if it was this board - maybe another - but I've stated in the past I'm extremely close with my grandson. Probably closer than I am with any of my children. We golf quite a bit - 20 to 25 times a year - and even at 71 I can still give him a run for his money - well, occasionally :) . He's an excellent golfer and athlete in general - well, let me rephrase that - was an excellent golfer.

He caught Covid quite a few months back an was healthy at the time but was not vaccinated. He had problems breathing and still does. Physically, he's a shell of what he use to be and at times just has absolutely no energy - which just kills me to see. I'm sick to my stomach about it and really worried about what the long term effects can be, especially on his heart and lungs. Really, no one knows at this point. And how many of us know people who was originally was anti-vaccine and saw - or lost - a loved one affected - or even die from it and change their mind and get it

So please, please people, give medicine and science a chance and get the vaccine. Is it perfect, NO. But it's the best we have to fight this horrible disease right now. I know many people like to stand their ground on issues, but this thing is kicking our asses. I really feel bad for the overworked medical field. They sure don't deserve this - especially when many of the recent hospitalizations and deaths were preventable
I’m all for vaccination, just not forced vaccination. Let people make their own decisions, keep the government and politicians out of things as much as possible. Same with masks, if you want to wear one, wear one and if not, don’t.

I’m all for vaccination, just not forced vaccination. Let people make their own decisions, keep the government and politicians out of things as much as possible. Same with masks, if you want to wear one, wear one and if not, don’t.
just curious, how are you with childhood vaccinations?

Good idea. If you’re too stupid to recognize what’s best for you and the rest of society, attend a school in Alabama or Texas with other non-thinkers. Perhaps Rutgers wants to be portrayed as a university with socially responsible students.

Good idea. If you’re too stupid to recognize what’s best for you and the rest of society, attend a school in Alabama or Texas with other non-thinkers. Perhaps Rutgers wants to be portrayed as a university with socially responsible students.
Being forced to do something doesn’t make you socially responsible.

Reactions: 91Joe95
A

As do vaccinated people catch and spread.....next agenda item....the student was at home.....a bunch of what ifs.....WOW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT