ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Incredible xxxxxxx Of Brock Turner's Parents!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
Brock Turner is the Stanford swimmer that just got sentenced to only six months for his sexual attack on an unconscious coed. He'll likely be released in half that time.

His Dad's letter to the judge asking for mercy was released to the public last week and was rightfully ridiculed throughout the country for not once mentioning the victim and in fact claiming his son was the true victim. Reading that letter made me sick to my stomach as his Dad essentially said "hey, no big deal, the assault was only 20 minutes long".

Well, his Mom's 3 1/2 page letter to the judge was just made public this weekend and it's, well, you just have to read it and you won't believe it when you do read it. I just read it and wanted to puke. Essentially, a "terribly unfair verdict" has devastated the poor family and ruined their lives forever. Not ONE WORD of sympathy or apology to the victim of her son's assault.

These parents make the parents of that entitled wealthy kid in Texas that didn't know better and strolled off to Mexico with mom seem like scout leaders!

Not sure why I posted this tonight, guess talking to my 88 year old Mom earlier this evening then reading this story a few minutes ago made me thankful for how wonderful my parents truly were and how lucky I was to have them for my parents instead of these two disgusting people.

I still don't understand why anyone believes a word he's said?

He was on top of an unconscious, half naked woman behind a dumpster and ran when he was discovered.

I never understand the idea of "rape culture" until now. I guess it's because I always assumed the average man would never make excuses for another man in a case like this. But plenty of people have, including a judge. Disgusting.

He was on top of an unconscious, half naked woman behind a dumpster and ran when he was discovered.

I never understand the idea of "rape culture" until now. I guess it's because I always assumed the average man would never make excuses for another man in a case like this. But plenty of people have, including a judge. Disgusting.
The best part of this story is the two brave bystanders who ACTED. Men acting is what will change the rape culture and the culture of domestic violence. If the efforts of women alone could fix this it would have been fixed. This is a MEN's issue.

Given what the parents have said, there is no surprise at the entitlement the 20 yo man felt. People commit rape/domestic violence because they believe they are entitled to do so.

Well, it's the parents so what would you expect from them? Kid got convicted and got a light sentence. I blame the judge. I would expect the parents to support their child no matter what, it's what parents do.

That's because you don't understand the narcissistic, immoral, antithesis-of-The-Golden-Rule values of the "entitlement culture". There is no such thing as a "rape culture". The word "culture" defines a set of values, beliefs and way of life - just as the OP pointed out, the culture problem here is being breed by parents who are adherents to the culture of entitlement, which is cowardly and inwardly focused in its view of the world and justifications; and, believes in narcissism, "me-centrism", selfishness.....me, me, me - the world is all about me and my small little box. Again, it is the diametric opposite of the "Old World Values" of The Golden Rule and it's progenitor - The "culture" of The Golden Rule taught us first-&-foemost to be "outwardly focused", giving, considerate and courageous...put yourself in the other person's shoes and treat the other party no differently than you would hope to be treated in the same circumstances.

The ultimate end of Mack Doodle-brains wonderful religion of self, "Humanism", is the culture of entitlement as it is perfectly subjective and specifically "subject" to the rationalizations of the individual and is based upon the satisfaction and happiness of that individual and NOBODY ELSE. If the universe has a rule for morality (which it probably does because the universe created intelligence & free-will - the necessitator of "morality", "values", "principles", "a belief system" or however you wish to label "culture"), it is almost certainly binary like all other things in the universe that ultimately can be broken down and defined by mathematical equations which are also binary -- right or wrong.....the universe's "morality", if there is such a thing (and there probably is) is not the perfectly subjective bull$hit pseudo morality of "humanism" (e.g., whatever each individual says it is including whatever corrupt exclusively self-interested scumbags say it is, which defines a massive swath of "humanists"!). This Country has a "culture problem" alright and it is the same "culture problem" which ultimately destroyed ancient Rome - greed, averice, narcissism, decadance, a me-centric inward focus, cowardice, corruption, the ends justify the means if I ultimately get what I want, etc.... In other words, promotion of the nonsense that the "Deadly Sins" are not really deadly sins at all, they are actually okay and the way to lead your life - "Me First" attitude....life is all about ME, what I want, what makes ME happy, etc... "Humanism" the religion of I & ME, the two most important things in the universe.

Last edited:
Well, it's the parents so what would you expect from them? Kid got convicted and got a light sentence. I blame the judge. I would expect the parents to support their child no matter what, it's what parents do.

It's what parents do today, maybe.
If I had done something like that, the judge would have been the least of my problems.
My old man would have beaten me into the ground.

Really??? Good parents "support their child" when they do WRONG and ACT BADLY??? Really??? Good parents don't tell their children that they love them, but don't love or embrace their bad behavior....and attempt to counsel and teach their children to behave well and always attempt to be the best person you can be? (after all, aren't all manners, social graces and being "considerate" merely obligations incumbent upon all of us? Try looking up the legal term "consideration" - the same word we use when term a person "considerate" and polite). Your definition of "good parenting" is absurd - why am I not surprised....?

Hey, there's 7 billion people in the world. If an accident removed these 3, oh well. And if they happened to run into the fists of a couple of the victim's supporters in a dark place, oh well.

I live a few miles from this kids town Oakwood, Ohio. None of what his parents say surprises me. I like to call Oakwood a high priced slum. The bad stuff that happens in slums happens in Oakwood, there are just no repercussions for it. The kids in the community never hear the word NO from anyone. When they do, they are shocked. I coached a couple of these kids on an AAU basketball team. It had to be their way or Mommy and Daddy's way. I refused to play their game and they hated it. Most of the Oakwood parents are so self absorbed they are too busy to see that their games are us age drinking in high school, have lots of money for drugs.

I too was shocked to read the mom and dads statement, the Oakwood judge, the guidance councilor take wrote in to support Turner but never mentioned the victim. I'd like to see her sue him.

Unconditional love/support is something most parents have for their kids, but these are people who opted to be friends with their son first, and parents to him a distant second. The scary thing is they are likely more the rule than the exception these days.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
It's what parents do today, maybe.
If I had done something like that, the judge would have been the least of my problems.
My old man would have beaten me into the ground.

Agreed, they should of forced him to settle and end her misery.

I'm surprised the two heroes chased and tackled him with complete disregard to the Stanford football program. Everyone knows that helping to catch a predator brings nothing but bad publicity.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Brock Turner is the Stanford swimmer that just got sentenced to only six months for his sexual attack on an unconscious coed. He'll likely be released in half that time.

His Dad's letter to the judge asking for mercy was released to the public last week and was rightfully ridiculed throughout the country for not once mentioning the victim and in fact claiming his son was the true victim. Reading that letter made me sick to my stomach as his Dad essentially said "hey, no big deal, the assault was only 20 minutes long".

Well, his Mom's 3 1/2 page letter to the judge was just made public this weekend and it's, well, you just have to read it and you won't believe it when you do read it. I just read it and wanted to puke. Essentially, a "terribly unfair verdict" has devastated the poor family and ruined their lives forever. Not ONE WORD of sympathy or apology to the victim of her son's assault.

These parents make the parents of that entitled wealthy kid in Texas that didn't know better and strolled off to Mexico with mom seem like scout leaders!

Not sure why I posted this tonight, guess talking to my 88 year old Mom earlier this evening then reading this story a few minutes ago made me thankful for how wonderful my parents truly were and how lucky I was to have them for my parents instead of these two disgusting people.
A swimmer in the hoosegow for six months is likely to learn what it's like to be raped -- while conscious.

T
Really??? Good parents "support their child" when they do WRONG and ACT BADLY??? Really??? Good parents don't tell their children that they love them, but don't love or embrace their bad behavior....and attempt to counsel and teach their children to behave well and always attempt to be the best person you can be? (after all, aren't all manners, social graces and being "considerate" merely obligations incumbent upon all of us? Try looking up the legal term "consideration" - the same word we use when term a person "considerate" and polite). Your definition of "good parenting" is absurd - why am I not surprised....?

Totally agree that they are, at least, partially to blame for their kid being in the predicament he's in. But he was in "do or die" situation when they wrote those letters. Am I surprise, or even blame them for those letters? No, not one bit. I'd back my kids no matter what.

In addition to what others have written, there is a difference between supporting and enabling. Most of the outrage directed toward the parents is because of the apparent lack of empathy for the real victim. Nobody would fault the parents for standing by their son's side but by painting him as the victim and totally ignoring the unconscious young woman he raped they are enabling - not supporting.

In addition to what others have written, there is a difference between supporting and enabling. Most of the outrage directed toward the parents is because of the apparent lack of empathy for the real victim. Nobody would fault the parents for standing by their son's side but by painting him as the victim and totally ignoring the unconscious young woman he raped they are enabling - not supporting.

Totally agree.

There's a difference between supporting and enabling. After hearing from the parents I can see why he felt as though he was entitled to take what he wanted. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Wouldn't be suprised if dad didn't pull the same stuff back in the day, the difference being that back in the day stuff like this was totally covered up. Dad's wondering what the big deal is, a kid's gotta sow his wild oats, right?

Last edited:
A swimmer in the hoosegow for six months is likely to learn what it's like to be raped -- while conscious.
3 months with good behavior. It will most likely be served in protective custody.

That doesn't mean it can't happen at some point though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT