ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Hubble Space Telescope: the gift that keeps on giving

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Twenty-eight years and still going strong. Huffington Post link.

5adbec931800004800e8816a.png

Amazing, awe-inspiring, and humbling. I'm excited to see what Tess delivers starting in June with closer exoplanets.

I always thought my dream job would be working as an engineer developing equipment like this or an astronomer analyzing the data.

I often think about my grandmother. She was born in 1907, 3 years after the Wright brothers and she lived to see the development of the airplane, jets, sending a man into space and finally putting a man on the moon. When you look back and see what we accomplished in the last century, there is no limit to what man can do if we put the time, effort and money into a objective.

I often think about my grandmother. She was born in 1907, 3 years after the Wright brothers and she lived to see the development of the airplane, jets, sending a man into space and finally putting a man on the moon. When you look back and see what we accomplished in the last century, there is no limit to what man can do if we put the time, effort and money into a objective.
I had a great grandma born in 1881. After she died in 1984, i wrote my sisters a letter in which I went through that there were no cars in her town until she was almost an adult, she was 19 in 1900, 33 at the start of WWI, and 60 at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack. She lived in horse and buggy days and watched man land on the moon. And every minute of that time she was a Yankee fan.

I had a great grandma born in 1881. After she died in 1984, i wrote my sisters a letter in which I went through that there were no cars in her town until she was almost an adult, she was 19 in 1900, 33 at the start of WWI, and 60 at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack. She lived in horse and buggy days and watched man land on the moon. And every minute of that time she was a Yankee fan.
Oh yeah, i forgot my favorite....she paid into Social security for about 5 years, then collected for~ 40 years. Woohoo!

My great aunt....and she was great.....lived from 1893 - 1999. Missed living in three different centuries by less than six months.

Lived her last 60 years in the same house just a block off the Bucknell campus. Widowed in 1952....her last few years kidded about dating only younger men because that’s all there were. Drove until she was 102.....usually only to church 5-6 blocks away. Sharp as a tack until the day she died.

I can’t even begin to imagine how I would have coped if I had led a similar life.

Yeah, then we come on message boards and can’t get along. Mankind is awesome.

Skeptical revelations revealing reality, are the core of the Scientific Method, throughout the universe.

Twenty-eight years and still going strong. Huffington Post link.

5adbec931800004800e8816a.png

Awe inspiring. And, to think the LORD our GOD created all of this just for us. We should be so grateful.

When I look at pictures like this, I see GOD. And, to think he created this in 6 days. My simple mind cannot grasp this creation.

Awe inspiring, indeed. Bless you, LionJim for posting this.

Awe inspiring. And, to think the LORD our GOD created all of this just for us. We should be so grateful.

When I look at pictures like this, I see GOD. And, to think he created this in 6 days. My simple mind cannot grasp this creation.

1200px-The_Conversion_of_Saint_Paul-Caravaggio_%28c._1600-1%29.jpg

While I love the gif, you must go on ignore immediately. This is so wrong on so many levels. EVEN FOR YOU!!

Chuck Noll on his induction speech to the Pro Football Hall of Fame said something to the effect of ....we can accomplish so much more working together with a common goal when no one cares who gets the credit for there will be plenty of credit to go around.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT