ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "The Crown" on Netflix

CF LION

May 29, 2001
Anyone watch this? Watched the first two episodes tonight at the urging of my daughter. I'm hooked. Similar to other Netflix productions, the entire season was released at once ( season one - 10 episodes was released in November).

Apologies if this was previously discussed, but I just learned of this show. A pretty lavish production, similar to Dowton Abbey. I would never have cast John Lithgow as Winston Churchill but he plays the part well.

Reactions: step.eng69
Anyone watch this? Watched the first two episodes tonight at the urging of my daughter. I'm hooked. Similar to other Netflix productions, the entire season was released at once ( season one - 10 episodes was released in November).

Apologies if this was previously discussed, but I just learned of this show. A pretty lavish production, similar to Dowton Abbey. I would never have cast John Lithgow as Winston Churchill but he plays the part well.
My wife Karen has been urging me to watch a few episodes. Discussions anout the show have neen on the news. I get the Netflix discs so I'll have to wait a few months.

Also on my list of shows to watch when I get a chance.

I'll put it on the list. I am finishing up "Goliath" on Amazon and enjoying it.
For a freaking TV series :confused:

I wonder when the f'n N Times will correct the inaccurate publishing about PSU, Joe, and our alumni?

http://www.thewrap.com/p1306958/

New York Times Issues Embarrassing Correction Over ‘Goliath’ Review
A television review on Friday about the new Amazon series ‘Goliath’ included an inaccurate discussion of the show’s plot structure. The critic mistakenly watched the first two episodes out of order,” the

For a freaking TV series :confused:

I wonder when the f'n N Times will correct the inaccurate publishing about PSU, Joe, and our alumni?

http://www.thewrap.com/p1306958/

New York Times Issues Embarrassing Correction Over ‘Goliath’ Review
A television review on Friday about the new Amazon series ‘Goliath’ included an inaccurate discussion of the show’s plot structure. The critic mistakenly watched the first two episodes out of order,” the

LOL!!! That is hilarious...Thanks for posting it! So sad the NYT went from being one of the best papers in the world to one the more closely resembles The National Enquirer (no wait, the NE is better).

Reactions: step.eng69
My wife and I have watched it, finished it up during thanksgiving weekend. Excellent show in my opinion, quite educational with regard to QE2 taking over for her father. I'm not really into following "the Royals" but I thought from an historical education standpoint quite interesting. I had no idea the issues she faced with her family, the government (Churchill), her ascension and the people (private Secretary) that she had to deal with during her early years as Queen.

It's well done, although I wouldn't compare it to Downton Abbey (even though I have never seen it) because I do not think its soap operaish, but more historical.

I watched the entire season and recommend it. The casting is excellent and it's both entertaining and educational as well. John Lithgow as Churchill is terrific and the other characters are very well done also. Give it a try.

The Crown is excellent. Wonderfully written and acted. The director and producers also get major credit.

I believe the series is expected to last 6 seasons. Each season will be a decade of Elizabeth's time as Queen. This current cast is scheduled to appear in one more season, then they will recast the roles (at least that is how I understand it).

John Lithgow's performance as Churchill is incredible. He steals every scene he appears in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT