ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So I'm at a bar watching some NFL games....

CF LION

May 29, 2001
...and two females to my right-one clad in flannel and one in her barrista uniform -ask the bartender to watch the Lions-Cardinals game. They appear to be enamored with Matthew Stafford. I've heard "Come on baby" multiple times. I'm pretty sure they could drink me under the table.

They are now singing "She's a Beauty" by The Tubes.

This is in Chester County.

I think I need to get out more.

Yeah - drive on up to New Hope in Bucks County and have a drink at one of the outdoor pubs there. It will open your eyes and ears!

...and two females to my right-one clad in flannel and one in her barrista uniform -ask the bartender to watch the Lions-Cardinals game. They appear to be enamored with Matthew Stafford. I've heard "Come on baby" multiple times. I'm pretty sure they could drink me under the table.

I lived in upstate NY for a couple of years in my 20s. didn't get out much, but when I did I realized there are some really weird-ass people. I stay home now.

Wait until you become a bass playing rock star.

Yeah - drive on up to New Hope in Bucks County and have a drink at one of the outdoor pubs there. It will open your eyes and ears!
I've been dragged (no pun intended) to New Hope twice, once each by separate women (the things we have to do). That was nearly forty years ago. That was that for me. Apparently, I'm not as dumb as I look.:)

Start with something cheaper Fender Squire is a good option.

A guy at my office (former metal band lead guitarist) now has a shop and builds guitars under his own label. He's offered to make a bass for me at cost so I might go that route in the long run, but I need to pick up something soon. I've been messing around with my son's guitars (all six string electrics) but I really got a thing for slappin' a bass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT