ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Saturday's LLWS Schedule w/ TV Times

MtNittany

May 29, 2001
That time of year again to celebrate youth and enjoy the only thing (other than 30 for 30's) espn seems to do well.

lamade-stadium2.jpg

i

Thursday 8-17:
1 p.m. Venezuela vs. Mexico ESPN/ESPN3 - Volunteer
3 p.m. New Jersey vs. Connecticut ESPN/ESPN3 - Lamade
5 p.m. Canada vs. Italy ESPN/ESPN3 - Volunteer
7 p.m. Texas vs. Michigan ESPN/ESPN3 - Lamade

Parade was yesterday

Grand Marshall HOFer Eddie Murray:

LLWS_Parade_Baseball_85833.jpg

Australian team:

af9dec89660e41daae0784f2c62f4c8c-780x520.jpg

Reactions: CentrevilleLion
Been thinking of taking the kids next year or the year after. Always wanted to go, and the wife and I could incorporate it into a trip back to The Finger Lakes!

Reactions: MtNittany
Saturday's elimination games:

1 p.m.Mexico vs. Italy ESPN Volunteer
3 p.m.New Jersey vs. Michigan ESPN Lamade
6 p.m.Australia vs. Dominican Republic ESPN Volunteer
8 p.m.Washington vs. South Dakota ESPN Lamade

We didn't go there. How much are lap dances? :D
Golden Strip = 3rd St. in Loyalsock Township.

Have to love the original Arby's sign still there. Still cranking them out. I dated a girl in HS that worked there after school. Was waiting for her one day when her co-worker cut the tips of her fingers off. Someone took her to the hospital and they ran a wet rag over the slicer and opened back up.

arbys-williamsport-5489202.jpg

Last edited:
Bowman Field is obviously ready for tomorrow night:

cut.jpg
Hey MyNittany, I don't know if you'd caught a glimpse of how the stadium has changed since this past spring. The things they've done to update it are tremendous from the old Bowman Field. Now over the last 2 weeks it's transformed again. For anyone that hasn't seen it recently will probably have a jaw-dropping moment. I know a lot of the stuff is temporary, it just makes me wonder how much of it is going to come back out.

Reactions: MtNittany
Should be an annual event. Different MLB teams and different kids every year. A great way to promote and grow the game. They've already made the investment in the park.

Oh, and let them keep the big screen regardless!

Reactions: Creek Side
I saw them building the wall structure in center field. It's made out of scaffolding so it will be coming down. I agree with you about the big screen, that would be awesome.

If anyone enjoys watching the Little League stuff, you should check out the 1 hour documentary called "World Beaters" on ESPN. Its pertty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT