ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Saban after Bama Loss

CFett

Dec 1, 2014
Harrisburg
I didn't see it live so I didn't realize exactly what happened even after watching the replay, but an interesting read here about how Auburn tricked Bama on the last play yesterday - LINK

My takeaway was to be a little surprised that Saban whined like he did about it. Auburn did nothing illegal, and IMO it was actually a pretty well drawn up play to confuse Bama. But afterward, Saban said:

After the game, Saban looked the part of a hoodwinked coach who’d guzzled a gallon of sour milk. “I really feel it was a pretty unfair play at the end of the game.”

“I thought they should have given us a little more time to substitute and get Waddle out as a returner,” Saban said. “We get called for 12 guys on the field. So it was very disappointing. We’re responsible for that as coaches. But it was a very unusual circumstance, to stay the least.”

I don't follow Saban that much, just a little surprised to see him say that and call it "unfair" rather than simply credit Auburn for confusing the hell out of his coaching staff and drawing a penalty. I don't know what's unfair about confusing but totally legal formations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News