ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Russell Westbrook

lunsmooth

Jul 25, 2004
What he has done this year with the Wizards hasn’t been talked about enough. 21 rebs and 24 assts tonight in another Wiz win. He may be playing the best ball of his career.
He could go for 0,0, and 0 the rest of the season and still finish averaging a triple double. Wiz are a completely different team right now. He has been fun to watch.

The guy is insane. Super intense. Loves to play the game and he has no Chill Switch. He just attacks every game and almost every possession.
I really hope he gets a title before he retires because I think that will help those in the future appreciate his stats a little better. I've already heard it for years with Colin Cowherd. Cowherd gives Westbrook no love because his stats hasn't delivered a title yet.

Reactions: lunsmooth
Agree x 1000. What he has achieved, statistically, in this current version of the NBA, is nothing short of astounding. The best at triple doubles since the Big O and that statement will probably be true for another 50+ years.
He’s just shy of the the Big O’s career pace, but his pace is accelerating.

The Joker is suddenly just under that career pace and only 6 years in....so if he manages to keep it going for another 7-8, you might not have to wait 50. :)

And at 22 years old and not quite 3 seasons....Luka Doncic is faster than all of them and has 34. But let’s let him age a little. Lol.

What he has done this year with the Wizards hasn’t been talked about enough. 21 rebs and 24 assts tonight in another Wiz win. He may be playing the best ball of his career.
He could go for 0,0, and 0 the rest of the season and still finish averaging a triple double. Wiz are a completely different team right now. He has been fun to watch.
20+ rebounds and assists is just a CRAZY stat line. "Impressive" doesn't come close to doing it justice.

The guy is insane. Super intense. Loves to play the game and he has no Chill Switch. He just attacks every game and almost every possession.
This ^^^^. Westbrook has taken flack because he doesn't have a ring and occasionally gets into it with heckling fans, but his competitiveness, intensity and team focus have made me a big fan of his. I LOVE watching him grab a rebound and go coast to coast. He is a one man fast break at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT