ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ridiculous routine

00southpaw

Sep 17, 2018
I'm wondering if anyone else practices the same behavior as I do related to Google Maps while driving. I even become superstitious with it thinking penn State may lose if I fail.
When I'm driving distances requiring Google Maps, every time I see the mileage, I immediately correlate it to a player's number.
Interestingly, some numbers bring odd names as they must be etched in my memory for some reason.
Here's some odd matches I can't shake:
6 - Ray Roundtree
15 - Lance Lonergan
21 - Shamar Finney
23 - Chris Eberly
29 - Rocky Washington
33 - Dave Paffenroth
59 - Pete Massaro
89 - Dean DiMidio
95 - Rogers Alexander

I'll admit, I struggle with the 50s, 60s and 70s sometimes, but every once in a while a name pops into my head.
Do any of you get caught up in stupid stuff like this?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Sometimes. My kid has a bunch of hand-me-down shirts. He calls off the numbers and I try to guess who they were when I bought them. He has a #20 of mine which I got for Brett Conway. That's pretty deep on the roster JMO. He has a 17 Clark and a 12 MRob I love both those guys I think Kerry was 12 also. These are young guys my brain is fried I can't remember the older guys with these numbers. OK Brad Scioli was the other #5 just thought of it. I think he was a TE and we moved him to DE he was pretty good. LJ was #5 too

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
I'm wondering if anyone else practices the same behavior as I do related to Google Maps while driving. I even become superstitious with it thinking penn State may lose if I fail.
When I'm driving distances requiring Google Maps, every time I see the mileage, I immediately correlate it to a player's number.
Interestingly, some numbers bring odd names as they must be etched in my memory for some reason.
6 - Ray Roundtree
15 - Lance Lonergan
21 - Shamar Finney
23 - Chris Eberly
29 - Rocky Washington
33 - Dave Paffenroth
59 - Pete Massaro
89 - Dean DiMidio
95 - Rogers Alexander

I'll admit, I struggle with the 50s, 60s and 70s sometimes, but every once in a while a name pops into my head.
I can't remember what I had for breakfast!!!!

6 - Ray Roundtree
15 - Lance Lonergan
21 - Shamar Finney
23 - Chris Eberly
29 - Rocky Washington
33 - Dave Paffenroth
59 - Pete Massaro
89 - Dean DiMidio
95 - Rogers Alexander

You need help!😉

Reactions: bison13
6 - Ray Roundtree
15 - Lance Lonergan
21 - Shamar Finney
23 - Chris Eberly
29 - Rocky Washington
33 - Dave Paffenroth
59 - Pete Massaro
89 - Dean DiMidio
95 - Rogers Alexander

I really struggle with the payer's numbers and typically don't know them, other than the stars, until mid-season. So that wouldn't work for me.

My only superstition is that I raise an eyebrow when something happens that correlated to my old high school number (68). I am close to a Chinese friend who is into Chinese numerology. My old number equates to "Good Fortune" (6) and "to Prosper" (8). My friend, who is very wealthy (self-made) would stop on "$x.68" when filling his car with fuel. He also practices Feng Shui.

When I need to remember a number, I associate it with baseball and football stars from my childhood. It could be jersey numbers or stats.

Reactions: MacNit07
6 - Ray Roundtree
15 - Lance Lonergan
21 - Shamar Finney
23 - Chris Eberly
29 - Rocky Washington
33 - Dave Paffenroth
59 - Pete Massaro
89 - Dean DiMidio
95 - Rogers Alexander

Shamar Finney, that's a throw back to the plotit board. He was a shocker commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT