ADVERTISEMENT

OT - replacing my IPAD

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
My iPad is about 8 years old and obsolete. I want a new device for internet browsing, email, and kindle books. I don’t need any business applications but want to install Apps I use like Amazon, various patient portals, Open Table, Optum, EBay, and the new football board, etc . I would like it to be conveniently small as I don’t need another laptop. I don’t want to spend a fortune. What do I buy? Thanks in advance. TIA

New iPad mini?

Will be a little pricier than an Android tablet but you can easily move from old device to new and you’re already used to the interface and ecosystem.

My iPad is about 8 years old and obsolete. I want a new device for internet browsing, email, and kindle books. I don’t need any business applications but want to install Apps I use like Amazon, various patient portals, Open Table, Optum, EBay, and the new football board, etc . I would like it to be conveniently small as I don’t need another laptop. I don’t want to spend a fortune. What do I buy? Thanks in advance. TIA

Get another iPad. Everything will transfer over easier and you're familiar with it.

Get another iPad. Everything will transfer over easier and you're familiar with it.
I'm in the same situation. It's amazing how the creep of ever-bloating operating software and apps can make a perfectly fine device seem obsolete in a matter of years.

I've concluded that evil humans are making life far more difficult than necessary.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Mine is a little long in the tooth as well. Just turned 6 years old. Going to try for at least one more year, but the battery life is not the greatest anymore.

I'm in the same situation. It's amazing how the creep of ever-bloating operating software and apps can make a perfectly fine device seem obsolete in a matter of years.

I've concluded that evil humans are making life far more difficult than necessary.

If you know how to delete stuff it's pretty easy to keep things going. I have a 15 year old laptop that I resurrected from the grave and it works great. Apple doesn't really allow you to do that though.

Got my wife a fire tablet and it’s great for what you cited as main uses.

I upgraded my oldest daughter from a Mini 2 to a Mini 5. Noticeable difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT