ADVERTISEMENT

OT question gas cans

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
So I’ve been doing a lot of work with the tractor and basically ruined two cans by busting the seal and/or lid. The problem is trying to stand on the front tire and hold 30 pounds or so upside down, pushing the “button” in and balancing this on edge of tank. Not sure how using one of those transfer tubes works considering the white insert every can has inside. No way these EPA compliant cans don’t cause more spillage. I’m willing to spend whatever to avoid this struggle every time I refuel.

Anyone insights are welcome.

Last edited:
So I’ve been doing a lot of work with the tractor and basically ruined two cans by busting the seal and/or lid. The problem is trying to stand on the front tire and hold 30 pounds or so upside down, pushing the “button” in and balancing this on edge of tank. Not sure how using one of those transfer tubes works considering the white insert every can has inside. No way these EPA compliant cans don’t cause more spillage. I’m willing to spend whatever to avoid this struggle every time I refuel.
I've had the same problem with them. I've ended up refilling older 5 or 2.5 gallon cans from these so called compliant cans. I've had mire spillage into the ground with these than I've ever had with the old ones

Try a motor sports gas can? They’re designed for “not fuel” so they don’t need to be EPA compliant. Because not fuel…

Similarly you can buy new spouts that attach to your current cans. Technically they will tell you they are not for gasoline due to regulations, but that is what they are actually used for.

Reactions: furfoot and psualt
Didn't all this redesign of gas can spouts happen under the Obama administration? Just more incompetence by requiring the public to use stuff designed by those that never had to use the ineffective stuff they design. 100% inept government regulations. Us serving the government instead of the way it should really work, the government serving us.

Let private sector designs evolve until something that actually works is proven before requiring the use of something that does not work. What a concept, but hard for the "elites" to figure out......

Yes, I also spill 10 time more gas with the ineffective but required current gas cans available. If I every travel to "undeveloped countries" I would bring back some gas cans.......

Try again retard. Gas cans had to meet the new requirement on Jan 1 2009, 20 days before Obama’s inauguration day. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good cross burning though.

There's that racist term again.

Try again retard. Gas cans had to meet the new requirement on Jan 1 2009, 20 days before Obama’s inauguration day. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good cross burning though.
It's one thing to be slightly wrong.

It's another to be a name calling juvenile.

Whoever put the approved designs in service was clueless. As you seem to be as well.

Slightly wrong? You were completely wrong retard - and then went on a diatribe against Obama. Jesus fuxking christ - just own it, admit you allowed your hate to get in the way of facts and go wash your klan hood.
No, but your a complete name calling juvenile.

Diatribe. Clueless. If you could read you'd read that I asked a question about when the regulation was enacted, under who's "leadership". Obama did lots of over regulating as well. And that's what the thread is about.

Grow up.

Last edited:

Diatribe. Clueless. If you could read you'd read that I asked a question about when the regulation was enacted, under who's "leadership". Obama did lots of over regulating as well. And that's what the thread is about.

Grow up.

I fear for the racist's keyboard.

Grow up.
So you’re factually incorrect with your hate. Had your retarded ass handed to you. And you still cling to your whataboutism? Good job demonstrating that you’re a card carrying member of the KKK. You could prove me wrong and change your post to say that the regulation started in the Bush administration which in this case it did, but nah - you and your cross burning ways would never do that.

So you’re factually incorrect with your hate. Had your retarded ass handed to you. And you still cling to your whataboutism? Good job demonstrating that you’re a card carrying member of the KKK. You could prove me wrong and change your post to say that the regulation started in the Bush administration which in this case it did, but nah - you and your cross burning ways would never do that.
You hand nothing to anyone but stupidity. I asked a question about that regulation being attributed to the Obama era of regulations and I'm a KKK member?

Buy a clue. You might try counciling.

I won't see your next error in judgement. Your on "ignore" with the rest of the juvenile cryers and name callers.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Didn't all this redesign of gas can spouts happen under the Obama administration? Just more incompetence by requiring the public to use stuff designed by those that never had to use the ineffective stuff they design. 100% inept government regulations. Us serving the government instead of the way it should really work, the government serving us.

Let private sector designs evolve until something that actually works is proven before requiring the use of something that does not work. What a concept, but hard for the "elites" to figure out......

Yes, I also spill 10 time more gas with the ineffective but required current gas cans available. If I every travel to "undeveloped countries" I would bring back some gas cans.......
Waaah

You hand nothing to anyone but stupidity. I asked a question about that regulation being attributed to the Obama era of regulations and I'm a KKK member?

Buy a clue. You might try counciling.

I won't see your next error in judgement. Your on "ignore".

Cheers.
No, you made a factually incorrect suggestive and inflammatory statement in the form of a question and are now backpedaling like a cornerback covering Jefferson. And now that you’re being called out on your bullshit you’re running and hiding behind the “ignore” feature. Freaking snowflakes I tell ya.

Keyboard? Gramps I haven’t used a keyboard to post to this board in years. But I guess your boney fingers riddled with arthritis and liver spots probably can’t use a smart phone anyway. Tick tock, grim reaper is coming for ya!

Whoa, we got a big thinker over here.

keyboard ipad GIF

Slightly wrong? You were completely wrong retard - and then went on a diatribe against Obama. Jesus fuxking christ - just own it, admit you allowed your hate to get in the way of facts and go wash your klan hood.
Jesus Christ had nothing to do with your post, so get it right!

Anyone insights are welcome.
Don't buy a piss poorly designed tractor like mine, where the damn filler inlet requires the transfer container of any type or country of origin total inversion of the container.

I have an old tractor with an angled filler neck to the fuel tank and this no problem. All the rest I own assume the the fuel drops in from the sky with no wind. I ordered some Canadian designed nozzle replacements for my cans. The results was much less spillage on fuel transfer but still spillage.

Finally I bought a set of transfer pumps with variable hose diameters. 1 with narrow diameter for drawing and filtering gas from my Twin-V Kohler driven mowers that have no rational point to drain the gas tanks. 2 larger transfer pumps to fill and empty my larger gas and diesel tanks.

They all work very well. But the mindless replication of bad mechanical design of equipment is preposterous in most cases. For example, oil filters and drains are located in great locations on some of our tractors others on the dark side of the moon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT