ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Preacher" Season 2, EP3 - no spoilers in first post

Mrs KG and I saw them setting up for filming near Frenchman's Street in the Marigny when we were there in March. They had a house they were doing interiors in. We did not see any actual filming. We had a AirB&B a couple of blocks away.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Herr Starr, Featherstone, Hoover, and the Grail

great fight choreography in the "kidnapping" scene

After all the great stuff on TV this winter/spring (Fargo, American Gods, BCS, Twin Peaks) I find myself excited for Preacher more than any of the others. The first three episodes this year have been fantastic! Really great to get the team out on the road and out of Annsville (which was interesting for a while, but not able to sustain the scope of this story). Here are my SPOILER FILLED thoughts....

• The opening 'gag' was hilarious! 'All three of you?' LOL. Great payoff too - seems like there may be more to this person/thing at some point? They kind of focused on the eye a good bit....
  • I love the scenery in New Orleans - was really hoping to see Jesse and Cassidy have a wild night on the town, and even though we didn't get that, Jesse on his own is nearly as compelling. I love when his temper flares up and you get a glimpse of the guy he used to be (or still is).
  • Oh - seeing Eugene re-live his worst day on earth really made you feel for the guy. In the comics and in S1 he's not nearly as sympathetic, but here he is and you get the sense he's still covering for Tracy even after her shallow, pathetic suicide attempt. He lets the narrative of him shooting her stand because he doesn't want her to be remembered as selfish and pedantic, which is what her suicide note would have revealed. Sucks to be him.
  • Okay - I didn't make it past issue one of the Preacher comic, so I do not know how Hoover and the Grail are. I get who Starr and Featherstone are since it was pretty obvious, but I don't know the bigger implications here. Could you tell me who/or what Hoover and the Grail is without being too spoilerific? Mostly want to know who they were in the episode.
  • Jesse saving Featherstone was great - not quite as good as his barroom brawl in S1, but you get the sense these guys are probably more seasoned fighters - and he took them down while piss drunk.
  • Even though Tulip's story was sparse for the most part, I loved the final scene where she's putting money in a vending machine and slowly but surely Viktor's men appear behind her. I'm thinking her setting the bait was deliberate though - she's up to something.

Preacher-dog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Okay - I didn't make it past issue one of the Preacher comic, so I do not know how Hoover and the Grail are. I get who Starr and Featherstone are since it was pretty obvious, but I don't know the bigger implications here. Could you tell me who/or what Hoover and the Grail is without being too spoilerific? Mostly want to know who they were in the episode.

uhm not too spoilerific . . . The Grail is bent on world domination by initiating the next Apocalypse. Herr Starr is basically commander of their special forces, with designs to overthrow the All Father D'Aronique. I won't get into exactly WHAT the Grail actually protects in order to take over the world, I will just say Starr wants Genesis to further his goals.

Featherstone and Hoover work for Starr (Featherstone was the blonde singer/brunette. Hoover was the driver of the van at the end). Their arcs in the comic book are pretty amusing.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Even though Tulip's story was sparse for the most part, I loved the final scene where she's putting money in a vending machine and slowly but surely Viktor's men appear behind her. I'm thinking her setting the bait was deliberate though - she's up to something.
Yep. Tulip does nothing by accident. Either she's going have to kill them all/beat them unconscious, or she's going to let them take her to Viktor. She's not happy about it either way. But what's going to happen is because Tulip planned it that way. I'd like to know why Tulip doesn't want Jesse to know about Viktor.

Yep. Tulip does nothing by accident. Either she's going have to kill them all/beat them unconscious, or she's going to let them take her to Viktor. She's not happy about it either way. But what's going to happen is because Tulip planned it that way. I'd like to know why Tulip doesn't want Jesse to know about Viktor.

The fact that these characters are familiar but still so mysterious makes the show that much more interesting. Still know very little about Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy, outside of the few flashbacks we've seen. Part of me thinks Tulip doesn't want to disappoint Jesse, and that Viktor may be the kind of guy who if Jesse finds out about, he'll want to take care of him.

The fact that these characters are familiar but still so mysterious makes the show that much more interesting. Still know very little about Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy, outside of the few flashbacks we've seen. Part of me thinks Tulip doesn't want to disappoint Jesse, and that Viktor may be the kind of guy who if Jesse finds out about, he'll want to take care of him.

well it looks from the preview of next week's episode that Jesse does find out, LOL

Geez, TenerHall & Midnighter! You are both TV show geeks and you didn't notice Featherstone played Betsy Kettleman in Better Call Saul? You dudes are slipping!

I always read Vulture and AV Club re-caps and they mentioned her; I wouldn't have known otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT