• Amon Goeth - Schindler's List

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Tommy DeVito - Goodfellas

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Anton Chigurgh - No Country for Old Men

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Colonel Hans Landa - Inglourious Basterds

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Vito & Michael Corleone - The Godfather ( A Package Deal)

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs

Votes: 84 53.5%
  • Warden Norton - The Shawshank Redemption

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Darth Vader - Star Wars

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Joker - The Dark Knight

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
For purposes of this poll, only human villains, no monsters, animals, robots. You may choose 3!

This is such a difficult task for me as there are SO MANY phenomenal villains. I thought it would be fun.

Anton Chigurh. For two reasons.

1 -- it's what he represents. The unstoppable nature of evil and death. No matter how good you are or how hard you try, "you can't stop what's coming". The good guys -- Tommy Lee Jones, in this case -- are no match for death and its inevitability. Death doesn't care if you're a high-paid bad guy (Woody Harrelson's character), an innocent man pulled over onto the side of the road, or a gang of Mexican drug runners. It can snatch you in an instant.

2 -- that hair cut.

I figured Lecter would win it. Understandably so. The battle for silver and bronze is ON.

A little surprised Nurse Ratched has only 1 vote. DAMN, she was evil.

Genius cannibal who can analyze you while eating your liver, there can be only one.

I mean....

AlarmingPracticalBluebird-max-1mb.gif

Still my #1... the Kurgan from Highlander, with the 3rd Vignette "ever play chicken?" my favorite of all... Queen's NY NY was amazing.

and who can forget the ever priceless... "hey.. where you going with my car?" lol

Albert Ganz...48 Hours
Scorpio....Dirty Harry
Mitch Leary....In The Line Of Fire
Brad Wesley.....Road House
Cyrus The Virus...Con Air
Clarence Boddicker....RoboCop
Little Bill Daggett....Unforgiven
Jack Torrance....The Shining

Little Bill was the good guy in the movie.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
There was an Ingmar Bergman film festival on campus in 74-75 and one of the films showed was Torment, which Bergman wrote but did not direct. There was this character, a high-school teacher, who was distinguished citizen by day and this monster manipulator by night. Long story short, in one of the tensest scenes I’ve ever seen, the hero of the film punches him in front of the other students and the entire audience in the theater spontaneously broke out in applause. Awesome.

Not that this particular bad guy compares with Hans Landa, but that’s the only time I’ve ever been part of an audience that broke out in applause.

This would be an incredibly hard list to put together. I'll add the character Joey Garza from Larry McMurtry's Streets of Laredo. Gene Hackman as Herod in The Quick and the Dead.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT