ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pleasantly surprised by the movie " A Quiet Place"

whart

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Fort Worth TX
My round of golf this afternoon was a Rain Out....so the wife and daughters convinced me to go see " A Quiet Place". I had no real interest in seeing it ....but went along. I have to say I enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Glad I listened to the family.....you may want to add it to your list as well.

My round of golf this afternoon was a Rain Out....so the wife and daughters convinced me to go see " A Quiet Place". I had no real interest in seeing it ....but went along. I have to say I enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Glad I listened to the family.....you may want to add it to your list as well.

When I saw it, I noticed the theater was quieter than I've ever heard it!

Saw it yesterday- was very entertained, very suspenseful. My two high schoolers were with me and said they were stressed out watching it. On numerous occasions i thought the scene was a nail-biter, then something happened to make it even more dramatic.

There was no effort made to explain the history behind the current situation and it ended inconclusively.

Reactions: Nitwit97
There was no effort made to explain the history behind the current situation and it ended inconclusively.

It's called laying the ground for a sequel. S.O.P. Sometimes it backfires and they omit too much that the film suffers and isn't successful enough to warrant a sequel.

I was surprised by how short it was. There were several things that were not explained, so you just had to go with it. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed it as well. Interesting narrative on how humans can adapt to situations when survival is at stake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT