ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Not going to defend Mayfield, but the NCAA needs to send a message

Three tears ago the Maryland captains pulled the same bullshit in Beaver Stadium. I don't recall any of our players acting as Mayfield did. So someone refused a handshake and made themselves look like an ass?? No need to join them on the low road.

Three tears ago the Maryland captains pulled the same bullshit in Beaver Stadium. I don't recall any of our players acting as Mayfield did. So someone refused a handshake and made themselves look like an ass?? No need to join them on the low road.

The conference fined Maryland for that. They said it was because of the rivalry with Penn State that they did not shake hands.

Not sure why Kansas did not shake hands?

to team captains who refuse to shake hands before a game.

utterly classless.

Players need to be benched for this crap.

**END RANT**

+1000.
Its why I had no issue with the trash talking Mayfield did against Kansas.
I wish Hack could have done that against MD a few years ago.
And yet people (namely media) had a boner for the way Franklin ran down Farmer at the end of the game to go make him shake hands. SMH.
Oh and it was freaking Kansas. I mean WTF have they won more than 3 games in 30 years? They don't get to act like classless jerks. They should be honored that they are still a P5 program...although thats debatable.

If you recall one of our players, and I think it was Allen got a PF penalty on the very first play for a very late hit out of bounds. So yea our players did react.
I wish Hack would have been good enough to talk trash to the MD bench during the game.
I have no issue with what Mayfield did.
Did you notice the little kids standing in front of the Kansas players? Geez what kind of message did it send to them? Thats its ok to act like assholes.

+1000.
And yet people (namely media) had a boner for the way Franklin ran down Farmer at the end of the game to go make him shake hands. SMH.
Oh and it was freaking Kansas. I mean WTF have they won more than 3 games in 30 years? They don't get to act like classless jerks. They should be honored that they are still a P5 program...although thats debatable.

Yeah they had a boner. Because they were excited that he did and made sure Koa shook hands. The only ones that did not are the Sports shock jocks who look for anything to bitch about to create controversy.

Reactions: BBrown
Yeah they had a boner. Because they were excited that he did and made sure Koa shook hands. The only ones that did not are the Sports shock jocks who look for anything to bitch about to create controversy.

Unfortunately they comprise about 75% of sports talk radio and 100% of sports bloggers. When did that become a thing anyway? Some twat in his mothers basement can write anything they want and its not only read but used as confirmation by other sports media. :mad:

Reactions: Ski
Yeah, Kansas acted like losers. But they ARE losers, so that is hardly a shock.

But Mayfield yanking his junk around? Bush. League. National TV? C'mon, man!

I didn't see that just the non handshake and the part where Mayfield was making fun of them for being a bball school.
If he did that you are right Bush League.

The ncaa will do nothing. Besides the fact that mayfield is the leader for the Heisman, oklahoma students have the same opportunity to disrespect kansas.

Last edited:
Mayfield continues to "sincerely" apologize for being a punk. He's young, maybe he'll mature at some point. Kansas?!!? WTF? Why stir the hornets nest. That's no way to sneak up on a team that's gonna drop half a hundred on you.

I didn't see that just the non handshake and the part where Mayfield was making fun of them for being a bball school.
If he did that you are right Bush League.
Oh yeah, that's the story. I'll see if I can link it. In the 4th, having just gone up 28-3, Mayfield walked down his wen sideline, yanking his junk and mouthing F you at the Kansas bench.

If you recall one of our players, and I think it was Allen got a PF penalty on the very first play for a very late hit out of bounds. So yea our players did react.
I wish Hack would have been good enough to talk trash to the MD bench during the game.
I have no issue with what Mayfield did.
Did you notice the little kids standing in front of the Kansas players? Geez what kind of message did it send to them? Thats its ok to act like assholes.
I didn't mean our players had no reaction since they certainly played with extra energy against Maryland. I said our players didn't act like Mayfield and I'm glad about that.

utterly classless.

**END RANT**
Kansas doing that was bush league, but man, week by week I'm hating Mayfield more and more. To say he's a punk might end up being an understatement.

Reactions: vops and BBrown
I didn't mean our players had no reaction since they certainly played with extra energy against Maryland. I said our players didn't act like Mayfield and I'm glad about that.

Gotcha and yea I'm glad none of our guys did that either.
I didn't know about the whole crotch grabbing move until I saw the lowlights this morning. Bush league move at the very least.
I can see Mayfield going the Johnny football or Ryan Leaf route.

Maybe the Kansas players were afraid that their tetanus shots were not up to date.;)

If Baker Mayfield hadn't done anything stupid prior I don't think it would be a big deal. His reputation is problematic at this point. He needs to learn to control his emotions.

Integrity is listed but never used. Baker will win by a huge amount. Not even sure what 2 others get invited. I think Mason Rudolph is now out. Love is probably #2. Saquon may be third.

utterly classless.

**END RANT**

Hypocracy on so many level by the OP.

He's calling for the NCAA to step in here after bashing them relentlessly for 6 years. I'm sure they will give his crazy rants a fair listen.

1. pgkjp7t8j9smx4y6yluy.jpg

The conference fined Maryland for that. They said it was because of the rivalry with Penn State that they did not shake hands.

Not sure why Kansas did not shake hands?
I thought the refs flagged them and it was on the opening kickoff, as well.

Initially, unsportsmanlike conduct by the Kansas captains only to be outdone by Baker Mayfield's classless post pubescent gesture.

+1000.

You wish Hack acted low class like the Maryland players? Isn't there a saying about if you choose to roll with pigs, you too will get dirty (something like that).

Well Oklahoma did have that RB last year that decked a girl. This junk grabbing stuff should be an embarrassment that no university would tolerate without discipline. I wonder what Franklin and PSU would do if this were McSorley? I would hope he would be suspended.

Well Oklahoma did have that RB last year that decked a girl. This junk grabbing stuff should be an embarrassment that no university would tolerate without discipline. I wonder what Franklin and PSU would do if this were McSorley? I would hope he would be suspended.

I highly doubt he would be. Maybe for a series.

This is so over the top, I seriously don't think Mayfield wins the Heisman now.
with all the bad press football players get, this will certainly lose him votes.

The question is, is the HT about the best college player or the MVP (suggesting the team has to be in the championship series)? Many sports writers saying, today, that no question #26 is the best player in college football but Mayfield will win.

I still think 26 has a great shot.

Reactions: RU31trap
You wish Hack acted low class like the Maryland players? Isn't there a saying about if you choose to roll with pigs, you too will get dirty (something like that).

No thats not what I meant and you know it. But since I you asked. No I wanted him to throw for about 300 yards 3 TD's and win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT