ADVERTISEMENT

OT~ New Indiana Jones movie in 2019

Phil's Rug

Jun 2, 2005
This Space For Rent
So let's hear some possible titles.

I'm thinking Indiana Jones and the Nursing Home of Doom. Rice pudding, why did it have to be rice pudding?

www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/15/spielberg-ford-reunite-fifth-indiana-jones-due-2019/81814596/

Spielberg, Ford reunite for fifth 'Indiana Jones' due in 2019
Bryan Alexander, USA TODAY 2:13 p.m. EDT March 15, 2016

Indiana Jones is back, with Harrison Ford still wearing the famed fedora.

Ford and director Steven Spielberg will reunite for a fifth Indiana Jones film due out July 19, 2019, Walt Disney studios announced on Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, chairman of the Walt Disney Studios in a release Tuesday “We couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – number 60 on the American Film Institutes' "100 Greatest American Films of All Time" list.

Ford reprised the role in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

Ford, now 73, will be 77 when the new Indiana Jones movie is released in theaters.

In 2015, there were frequent reports of Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt taking over the role of Indiana Jones.

Read more: [URL]http://spawnboards.net/thread/29264/new-indiana-jones-july-2019#ixzz436CWI6qL
[/URL]

Reactions: step.eng69
I saw Harrison Ford signed up for it. I was a big Ford fan, back in the day. He was great in the early Indy and Star Wars movies. The Fugitive, AF 1, Patriot Games, BladeRunner..and so many more. But he was simply AWFUL in the last Star Wars movie. I am not sure what happened, I don't know why age would hurt your acting ability...but I thought he WAY over acted throughout the movie until his last scene (if you know what I mean in case someone still stranded on Mars hasn't seen it).

I'm thinking Indiana Jones and the Nursing Home of Doom. Rice pudding, why did it have to be rice pudding?

www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/15/spielberg-ford-reunite-fifth-indiana-jones-due-2019/81814596/

Ford and director Steven Spielberg will reunite for a fifth Indiana Jones film due out July 19, 2019, Walt Disney studios announced on Tuesday.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, chairman of the Walt Disney Studios in a release Tuesday “We couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – number 60 on the American Film Institutes' "100 Greatest American Films of All Time" list.

Ford reprised the role in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Ford, now 73, will be 77 when the new Indiana Jones movie is released in theaters.

In 2015, there were frequent reports of Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt taking over the role of Indiana Jones.

Read more:
http://spawnboards.net/thread/29264/new-indiana-jones-july-2019#ixzz436CWI6qL
Will Sean Connery also be in the movie? I hear that 88 is the new 48.

I thought the last Indiana Jones movie, Crystal Skull, was pretty bad. Bad plot and not so great acting. Didn't think Shia Lebouf did much in that movie. If they want to reboot the franchise, fine, but get a new actor in for Jones and get a good script. Have Ford play a similiar role to Connery as more of a father figure, secondary actor in the move.

I saw Harrison Ford signed up for it. I was a big Ford fan, back in the day. He was great in the early Indy and Star Wars movies. The Fugitive, AF 1, Patriot Games, BladeRunner..and so many more. But he was simply AWFUL in the last Star Wars movie. I am not sure what happened, I don't know why age would hurt your acting ability...but I thought he WAY over acted throughout the movie until his last scene (if you know what I mean in case someone still stranded on Mars hasn't seen it).

Ford has never been a great actor but is memorable and attractive because he's Harrison Ford. I never saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because it was so poorly received. Will likely skip this one as well.

I liked the last one and loved that they moved in to the cold war era and changed the protagonists to the Soviets, thought that was clever. Yes, very sci fi at the end but I enjoyed it and brought back great memories for me.

The first one was great....the second and third were good. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was horrid.
Agree with those above. ...retire the franchise or get some new blood and have Ford be the father figure

I wouldn't have minded seeing Pratt getting a chance at the role, he did pretty good in Guardians. That way if it's not a stinker they can milk a few more out of it and keep Ford around for some cameos.

Good line Phil on the rice pudding.

Whenever I see Harrison Ford, I think of Nick Faldo.

Mike Tomlin and Omar Epps
mike-tomlin-omar-epps_display_image.jpg

Meatloaf and John Kruk
BH5rhZQCIAApjDJ.jpg

Phil Simms and Jim Courier

Last edited:
Reboots, remakes, sequels, book or comic book adaptions...while these are all entertaining and/or nostalgic, there are very few blockbusters these days written specifically and originally for the big screen. The original Star Wars is still probably the biggest franchise originally written directly for the big screen (even if it itself branched off to other platforms). Almost all other major franchises originated in other ways. I'm drawing a blank, what's the last big movie that was big screen first?

Reboots, remakes, sequels, book or comic book adaptions...while these are all entertaining and/or nostalgic, there are very few blockbusters these days written specifically and originally for the big screen. The original Star Wars is still probably the biggest franchise originally written directly for the big screen (even if it itself branched off to other platforms). Almost all other major franchises originated in other ways. I'm drawing a blank, what's the last big movie that was big screen first?

The awful one with the blue aliens in 3D that made $2.7B.

If they're going to do more, I'd rather they recast and go back to a younger Indy. Raiders (IMO) is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and it was sad to see such a great character be a shell of his old self in Crystal. I always felt that they wasted an opportunity with the franchise while Ford was a younger man...shoulda done at least 2-3 more while he was prime for the character.

Reactions: 91Joe95

You're talking wholly original, not existing in any other medium before film? Or, just new to film (like say a comic book or novel adaptation)? Wholly original would probably be Avatar; new to film would likely be Deadpool (adapted from the comic book character).

That it is Ford with Spielberg is big. They probably think about the misstep everyday. Hopefully they can redeem the franchise before they both die. Just kidding but I am one of the least harsh judges of movies ever and Crystal Skull made me want to puke.

Reactions: Zenophile

Read more:
http://spawnboards.net/thread/29264/new-indiana-jones-july-2019#ixzz436CWI6qL
How about "Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair of Death" ?

You're talking wholly original, not existing in any other medium before film? Or, just new to film (like say a comic book or novel adaptation)? Wholly original would probably be Avatar; new to film would likely be Deadpool (adapted from the comic book character).

I meant written specifically for big screen so not Deadpool. I would also say original story and not historical account to rule out Titanic. Is Avatar original or is that just Fern Gully for adults?

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT