ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Monday Funny - Post an amusing name for a fake class

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
my brother and I were talking fantasy football this morning. I will likely win this week despite my best player (Fournette) being benched for 1 game for (allegedly) missing a team photo.

MY brother said it isn't too difficult to attend a team photo.

I reminded him Fournette did go to LSU, lol

HE says, yeah he took classes like Pick Up Book. and Put Down Book 101

I said I think he was more of an intellectual:

"Look at Book: an Existential Perspective of Sartre"

:D

ok entertain us all with funny fake class names . . .

Reminds me of the Jim herrick basketball class at Georgia.

Maybe Pitt should give credit to those that show up to football games. "An observance of futility"

Last edited:
Penn State has some pretty funny classes on the books--among them are:

EARTH 101: Natural Disasters - Hollywood vs. Reality

FDSC 105: Food Facts & Fads

FDSC 233: The Science of Wine Making

RLST 122: Apocalypse and Beyond

Penn State has some pretty funny classes on the books--among them are:

EARTH 101: Natural Disasters - Hollywood vs. Reality

FDSC 105: Food Facts & Fads

FDSC 233: The Science of Wine Making

RLST 122: Apocalypse and Beyond

Perhaps they should add: COMM 233: The Science of Whine Making

Reactions: T J and psuro
jim-harbaugh-booger.jpg
Picking a Winner Everytime: Portraying Success in Life Even if You’re Only Number 3. *

Professor James Harbaugh

*Successful completion of this course requires a field research project to be completed in remote locations such as Florida, Vatican City, or in a teenager’s bedroom.

my brother and I were talking fantasy football this morning. I will likely win this week despite my best player (Fournette) being benched for 1 game for (allegedly) missing a team photo.

The study of junk

Reactions: T J

AIDS Awareness (Andy Katzenmoyer took this at O$U)

AFAM at UNC

They started the HM 311 (Wine Appreciation) class when I was at PSU. I knew a couple of people who took it thinking it would be an easy A while getting drunk in class. They both said it was tougher then Chemistry and got C's for final grades.

My buddies on the class of ‘73 PSU team took a 2 credit course called GOLF.:eek:

That's not particularly unusual. Some universities have or had phys ed requirements and courses like that were used to satisfy them (though they were usually one credit each, not two). Usually, varsity team members got credit for their participation on the team. Further, schools that have/had these courses put a cap on the number one could take to count against overall credits to graduate, generally the equivalent of one academic course.

That's not particularly unusual. Some universities have or had phys ed requirements and courses like that were used to satisfy them (though they were usually one credit each, not two). Usually, varsity team members got credit for their participation on the team. Further, schools that have/had these courses put a cap on the number one could take to count against overall credits to graduate, generally the equivalent of one academic course.

During my time at PSU, I had BOWLING 1 and BOWLING 2. Russ Rose taught the course. That was academically stimulating. ;)

History and appreciation of motion pictures. I took this one at PSU. Bring your popcorn.
I took that for Gen Ed credit , as well at TV history. Nice break from Chemistry and Physics classes.

Phys Ed offered Ballroom Dancing, Square Dancing, and Fly Fishing. Still wish I had taken Fly Fishing.
I took the fly fishing course. It was a fun class. The guy that taught it was some super expert on it. Can't remember his name. Also, took volleyball with Russ Rose. Last phys ed course was batmitton. All great classes.

Reactions: Nitwit
I had Russ Rose for 'Exercise for Stress Management' in early 90's. That PE class was a full ONE credit! Other PE credits I took were: bowling, archery, weight training.

GMJ11 - world history

War of 1812 - Paterno's fault
Titanic sinking - Paterno's fault
WW2 - Paterno's fault
JFK - Paterno's fault

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

During my time at PSU, I had BOWLING 1 and BOWLING 2. Russ Rose taught the course. That was academically stimulating. ;)

When I had those retired wrestling coach Cole taught them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT