ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Letang taken to the hospital after hit by Doan in today's game - vid

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
It doesn't appear to be dirty. He finished the check a little late and Letang wasn't able to brace himself effectively and fell in an awkward and unfortunate way into the boards. I can understand the no call. Do others think it warranted a call?

Letang's bad luck continues.

I watched the game and it looked bad. IMHO it was a late hit as Letang had

cleared the puck and Doan had plenty of time to pull up but he kept going and that's why Letang didn't brace for the hit, he wasn't expecting it. Downie took care of business later as he "danced" with Doan ! People complain about Downie, and he does take some stupid penalties, but he polices the ice and is scoring. Did you watch the game? The linesman took an inadvertent stick to the mouth and left minus some teeth.

I could see this going either way. The hit was a touch on the late side but nothing horrible. Like you said Letang was off balance when he got it and the way he slide into the boards looked awkward. More of an unfortunate play than anything malicious or deliberate. At worst a 2 min penalty for the late hit, but I don't see an issue with it not being called.

clean hit.

Shit happens.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Re: I watched the game and it looked bad. IMHO it was a late hit as Letang had

Downie himself said that there was nothing dirty about the hit, and the fight was just a case of him doing what had to be done, given the fact that Letang was hurt.

Looks like another concussion. Hope not but he looked out of it.

At the very least, he won't be playing today. With Ehrhoff out too that leaves the Penguins with 5 defensemen for today's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT