ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lawyer/insurance advice - FOLLOW UP

joeparules

Nov 17, 2003
With all the swirl of the Temple debacle, I forgot to mention that we received great news with regards to the insurance claim against my wife's LLC. As a reminder, she had organized a bedroom where a fire broke out six weeks later and the insurance company was trying to blame the re-positioning of a bed near an electrical outlet as the cause. After a "day from hell" meeting with both insurance companies, their engineers and fire forensic people and being interviewed at the house, my wife was a complete mess and I had to leave work to console her. Well, two hours after I get home she gets a call from her agent saying they were dropping the claim as the elderly woman who slept in that room admitted to smoking in bed the night of the fire.

You have no idea what a relief that was. Just wanted to follow up and again thank everyone who gave great advice and support during a very trying time. I guess that is really what the PSU family is all about?!

With all the swirl of the Temple debacle, I forgot to mention that we received great news with regards to the insurance claim against my wife's LLC. As a reminder, she had organized a bedroom where a fire broke out six weeks later and the insurance company was trying to blame the re-positioning of a bed near an electrical outlet as the cause. After a "day from hell" meeting with both insurance companies, their engineers and fire forensic people and being interviewed at the house, my wife was a complete mess and I had to leave work to console her. Well, two hours after I get home she gets a call from her agent saying they were dropping the claim as the elderly woman who slept in that room admitted to smoking in bed the night of the fire.

You have no idea what a relief that was. Just wanted to follow up and again thank everyone who gave great advice and support during a very trying time. I guess that is really what the PSU family is all about?!

Hey, great news! Glad everything worked out.

It's crappy that your wife had to go through that, JPR, but at least the old bag fessed up to smoking in bed.

Congrats on the great news. Just goes to show that most insurance companies are scum and that people lie. At least the old lady broke down and confessed.

Just think about the "experts" who opined that this was an electrical fire in the first place. There was no basis for that AT ALL, apparently. Engineers? Fire Forensics? Most of it is brightly packaged lies.

Just think about the "experts" who opined that this was an electrical fire in the first place. There was no basis for that AT ALL, apparently. Engineers? Fire Forensics? Most of it is brightly packaged lies.
My wife's forensics person noticed the way the box spring was melted more in the middle and a scorch mark on the wall indicated the fire more likely started in the middle of the bed and not near the electrical outlet. I don't know for fact, but my guess is this was pointed out to the elderly woman and she was reminded of the punishment for lying to investigators. She was using an ash tray that the bottom was worn to nothing.

I was happy for my wife but pissed that it took a week and an interview for the old bag to confess. It put my wife through a week of hell!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT