ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kudos to sand VB girls for standing up

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
3 straight losses to Brazilians and the second set of the match was not looking particularly promising, either. Then they stood up and fought back like champions. Who knows... maybe the brazilians just couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm to go the distance but they seemed into it, to me.

Was a fun watch for me.

Tough day for Brazil... the girls from Immigrant Heaven (Germany) trashed/thrashed them in straight sets. Top 2 teams in the world and they go 0-2 on final day, 1-3 in final rounds. At home.

Ouch.

Tough day for Brazil... the girls from Immigrant Heaven (Germany) trashed/thrashed them in straight sets. Top 2 teams in the world and they go 0-2 on final day, 1-3 in final rounds. At home.

Ouch.

Nothing like getting sand kicked in your face!

Hope Solo - the current day's Tonya Harding!

Not quite...

1218268_.jpg

3 straight losses to Brazilians and the second set of the match was not looking particularly promising, either. Then they stood up and fought back like champions. Who knows... maybe the brazilians just couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm to go the distance but they seemed into it, to me.

Was a fun watch for me.
Interviewed this morning, Kerri Walsh said she looked down at winning a bronze medal
in the past, and was ashamed she felt that way. She never realized how hard it is to come back from a loss and compete to win a bronze and very proud of their third place finish.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and hlstone
Interviewed this morning, Kerri Walsh said she looked down at winning a bronze medal
in the past, and was ashamed she felt that way. She never realized how hard it is to come back from a loss and compete to win a bronze and very proud of their third place finish.

I've been a fan of Six Feet of Sunshine since watching her play for Stanford. I was really impressed with her comments after the loss. Quite frankly she played so atypically poorly one could have thought she was taking a dive. She flat out said she couldn't pass to save her life and her opponents saw the weakness and exploited it because that's what competitor are supposed to do. 38yr old, mother of three and still a legit internationally competitive athlete. Talk about an overachiever!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
This could only get better if Hope Solo and Ryan Lochte somehow hook up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember kids. There&#39;s nothing wrong with being a good swimmer but it doesn&#39;t make you smart.</p>&mdash; Craig Ferguson (@CraigyFerg) <a href="">August 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ahhhh. lochte and solo hookupo... does it look anything like this?

crazy solo

and

ryan 'priviliged surfer dude' lochte

btw, that's lochte in the future wondering whatever happened to his once promising life...

ahhhh. lochte and solo hookupo... does it look anything like this?

crazy solo

and

ryan 'priviliged surfer dude' lochte

btw, that's lochte in the future wondering whatever happened to his once promising life...
A month from now, nobody will remember Lochte's name, and 4 years from now, when he and Rowdy Gains are doing the swimming commentary in Tokyo, people will just scratch their heads and think, wasn't that the guy who did something at one of the earlier summer games. All will be forgiven/forgot.

A month from now, nobody will remember Lochte's name, and 4 years from now, when he and Rowdy Gains are doing the swimming commentary in Tokyo, people will just scratch their heads and think, wasn't that the guy who did something at one of the earlier summer games. All will be forgiven/forgot.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one.. and I personally hope Lochte loses every endorsement he had lined up.. i can't imagine anyone wanting him as their rep. the wuss ran like a baby and left his buds to scramble. a real piece of work.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one.. and I personally hope Lochte loses every endorsement he had lined up.. i can't imagine anyone wanting him as their rep. the wuss ran like a baby and left his buds to scramble. a real piece of work.
I'm not condoning his actions, but it sounds like they had a little too much to drink (who hasn't been there?) and in the aftermath of an embarrassing scuffle with security guards (and some damage to a gas station), concocted a story. They all tried to leave at the times when they had made plans to do so well before the incident. I'm sure none of them thought the shit would hit the international media fan like it did, and he was already back home before it did. There was no real crime committed (vandalism I guess, but compared to the rest of that town/country, maybe not so much)...nobody was hurt. A public apology, paying to fix whatever was broken at the gas station, and time will make this all go away well before the next Olympic Games.

I'm not condoning his actions, but it sounds like they had a little too much to drink (who hasn't been there?) and in the aftermath of an embarrassing scuffle with security guards (and some damage to a gas station), concocted a story. They all tried to leave at the times when they had made plans to do so well before the incident. I'm sure none of them thought the shit would hit the international media fan like it did, and he was already back home before it did. There was no real crime committed (vandalism I guess, but compared to the rest of that town/country, maybe not so much)...nobody was hurt. A public apology, paying to fix whatever was broken at the gas station, and time will make this all go away well before the next Olympic Games.

What about all of the time and resources the police spent investigating their lies and false police reports? Time and resources that should have been spent on real crimes?

I've been drunk many times in my life, but I have never vandalized any property, never fought with any security guards, never filed any false reports, and never lied about it to the media. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it did go away quickly for Lochte. If anything he'll get another reality show.

They are the ones who made this a story by going to the press. If they had kept their mouths shut, they would not be suffering from the backlash. It is a self inflicted wound.

Reactions: Grass
So just because Brazil has other problems Lochte should get a pass for vandalism and making false reports to police? Sorry, I don't buy that. Lochte is a national embarrassment to Americans. He went to another country and showed he has no respect for them. And it's been magnified because of the microscope Rio was under during the games, so I don't blame them for investigating and calling Lochte out on his bullshit.

It's clear from the interview he gave over the weekend he still doesn't get it. He continues to apologize for "exaggerating" the story but when pressed to come clean on the fact that he wasn't robbed he starts being obtuse and says all he knows is that a gun was pointed in his direction and he was asked to give them money. Not once have I heard him apologize for the vandalism in the first place. He's 32 years old and is acting like a teenager trying to avoid being grounded by mommy and daddy.

I hope the other swimmer collects the $10k "donation" he paid from Lochte, since Lochte is probably the only one with the endorsements to cover it. Today Speedo cut ties with Lochte, probably the first of many, and he deserves it.

So just because Brazil has other problems Lochte should get a pass for vandalism and making false reports to police? Sorry, I don't buy that. Lochte is a national embarrassment to Americans. He went to another country and showed he has no respect for them. And it's been magnified because of the microscope Rio was under during the games, so I don't blame them for investigating and calling Lochte out on his bullshit.

It's clear from the interview he gave over the weekend he still doesn't get it. He continues to apologize for "exaggerating" the story but when pressed to come clean on the fact that he wasn't robbed he starts being obtuse and says all he knows is that a gun was pointed in his direction and he was asked to give them money. Not once have I heard him apologize for the vandalism in the first place. He's 32 years old and is acting like a teenager trying to avoid being grounded by mommy and daddy.

I hope the other swimmer collects the $10k "donation" he paid from Lochte, since Lochte is probably the only one with the endorsements to cover it. Today Speedo cut ties with Lochte, probably the first of many, and he deserves it.
Never said he should get a free pass...as you pointed out about his ties with Speedo being severed, there is nothing "free" about the aftermath. My point is that his apology and eventual restitution along with the collective short attention span of Americans, should see what he did largely forgotten by the time the Tokyo games roll around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT