ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kimbo Slice dead at age 42

man 2016 has been pretty unkind for stars. Kimbo was a pretty under the radar badass. still 42 is way too young.

I'm not very surprised. I had seen some of his underground street fights, and only so many of those that anyone can engage in before serious damage takes place. Frankly I was surprised he made it TO the age of 42.

I'm not very surprised. I had seen some of his underground street fights, and only so many of those that anyone can engage in before serious damage takes place. Frankly I was surprised he made it TO the age of 42.
He dominated the street fights and barely ever got touched. He recently tested positive for steroids which I think he was abusing for quite some time. That would be the reason for the heart failure.

Professional mixed martial artist Kimbo Slice, 42, has died, Bellator MMA confirmed.

Slice had been hospitalized Monday for undisclosed reasons near his home in South Florida, according to Coral Springs police, who had been dispatched to his residence to prevent a potential gathering outside.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16009900/kimbo-slice-dies-age-42

Mixed martial artist, that's an isult to the real ones. The only legit fight I saw him "win" was his ast professional fight when he was getting the crap beat out of him by some no name and won because the dudes cauliflower ear split open and was bleeding everywhere. Sure he won some street fights against fat, overmatched dudes, but he lost some of those as well.

Mixed martial artist, that's an isult to the real ones. The only legit fight I saw him "win" was his ast professional fight when he was getting the crap beat out of him by some no name and won because the dudes cauliflower ear split open and was bleeding everywhere. Sure he won some street fights against fat, overmatched dudes, but he lost some of those as well.
Yeah, but could he have run for president?

I watched a documentary about him a few weeks ago. They showed a lot of those street fights. There was one fight that the guy he fought looked like he was mentally retarded. Obviously Slice was a rough and tough dude, but some of those street fights were really strange. Wonder if he died of drugs or disease or all the fighting and hits to the head was the cause.

He dominated the street fights and barely ever got touched. He recently tested positive for steroids which I think he was abusing for quite some time. That would be the reason for the heart failure.

Everyone gets touched. Don't care if you are Ali, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, George Foreman, and Anderson Silva, all rolled into one. Yes, Kimbo got hit, just like everyone else.

Everyone gets touched. Don't care if you are Ali, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, George Foreman, and Anderson Silva, all rolled into one. Yes, Kimbo got hit, just like everyone else.
You are right. He let people punch him in the face before he blew their eye socket out. Watched all his fights today. There was one street fight where he struggled. That fight didn't kill him. It was the heavy steroid use once he hit mma. I would like your opinion on this next question. How did he pass the pre fight drug test for his last fight but fail the post fight drug test? To me it seems like Bellator may have let it slip.

You are right. He let people punch him in the face before he blew their eye socket out. Watched all his fights today. There was one street fight where he struggled. That fight didn't kill him. It was the heavy steroid use once he hit mma. I would like your opinion on this next question. How did he pass the pre fight drug test for his last fight but fail the post fight drug test? To me it seems like Bellator may have let it slip.

I think the more interesting question --- how the hell did he pass the pre-fight physical in February?

Kimbo died of congestive heart failure, and when admitted to the hospital a few days ago, he was put on the list for a heart transplant.

I'm not a doctor, but I do know congestive heart failure doesn't typically "appear out of nowhere over the course of 3 months" --- there would have been some signs at the physical back in February, right?

There have already been some rumblings over the years about Bellator (Scott Coker) doctoring medical papers in order for fights to get cleared. Heaven forbid that happened here. I'm an MMA fan but that would be a black mark of immense proportions for the sport.

I think the more interesting question --- how the hell did he pass the pre-fight physical in February?

Kimbo died of congestive heart failure, and when admitted to the hospital a few days ago, he was put on the list for a heart transplant.

I'm not a doctor, but I do know congestive heart failure doesn't typically "appear out of nowhere over the course of 3 months" --- there would have been some signs at the physical back in February, right?

There have already been some rumblings over the years about Bellator (Scott Coker) doctoring medical papers in order for fights to get cleared. Heaven forbid that happened here. I'm an MMA fan but that would be a black mark of immense proportions for the sport.
It doesn't look good for bellator at all. One fight almost killed two fighters. Dada 5000 or what ever his name is died after the last fight with Kimbo. I think it needs to be investigated on how they were cleared.

It doesn't look good for bellator at all. One fight almost killed two fighters. Dada 5000 or what ever his name is died after the last fight with Kimbo. I think it needs to be investigated on how they were cleared.

FWIW --- Dada 5000 is still alive. He had both renal failure and a heart attack either during or immediately after the match. Both are terrible events, but he did not die.

There's a place for Bellator in the MMA world --- but they keep on going the cheap route. Kimbo, Shamrock vs. Gracie (combined age = 101!!!!!), et cetera. Ugh.

MMA owes a lot to Kimbo. He brought a lot of young kids into the sport.

I for one miss the days of Shamrock vs Severn. Dan was my favorite for just being a grappler and having a great mustache.

FWIW --- Dada 5000 is still alive. He had both renal failure and a heart attack either during or immediately after the match. Both are terrible events, but he did not die.

There's a place for Bellator in the MMA world --- but they keep on going the cheap route. Kimbo, Shamrock vs. Gracie (combined age = 101!!!!!), et cetera. Ugh.
I worded it wrong. He did die but was revived. Btw it was maybe the worse fight I have ever seen. I guess they need to book these type of fights to get viewers. Hopefully this will change the way they operate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT