ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heading to Nova Scotia this summer

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
I have a good idea about our itinerary based on the tripadvisor forum, but always up for hearing about some hidden gems from the ANB. Five nights on Cape Breton Island, two nights in Lunenburg and last night in Halifax before flying home.

Night 1: Baddeck (Big Spruce Brewing, Cape Smokey)

Nights 2-3: Ingonish Beach (Meat Cove, Middle Head Trail, White Point, Celtic Lodge)

Night 4: Cheticamp (Skyline Trail, Inverness Beach)

Night 5: Mabou (Red Shoe Tavern a must for Celtic music)

Nights 6-7: Lunenburg (Burntcoat Head Park for Low tide at Bay of Fundy, Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks, Peggy's Cove)

Night 8: Halifax (Tidehouse Brewing, Waterfront)

I have a good idea about our itinerary based on the tripadvisor forum, but always up for hearing about some hidden gems from the ANB. Five nights on Cape Breton Island, two nights in Lunenburg and last night in Halifax before flying home.

Nights 2-3: Ingonish Beach (Meat Cove, Middle Head Trail, White Point, Celtic Lodge)

Nights 6-7: Lunenburg (Burntcoat Head Park for Low tide at Bay of Fundy, Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks, Peggy's Cove)

A great itinerary and trip coming up.
Pretty well took the same route a few years ago.

Had to return to Halifax to check out the Harbour area. Pier 21 now.
Back November 27' 48 landed there as immigrants into Canada, along with three other siblings, on a converted U S troop ship.
I was about to turn two years old.
The ship them proceed on to Ellis Island.

Re your upcoming trip, we enjoyed some good whiskey at the Glenora Distillery in Mabou.
In Halifax, had some great food at the Bicycle Thief, located in the Harbour area.

Lastly, further West spent a couple of days at the Cape D'Or lighthouse.
Quiet,sparse accommodations,great views,great food.

Also nice that current Forex rates still favor the American dollar.

Know you'll have a great time.

,,,cheers

Never been but my Dad has been to Halifax on a cruise. He's a half baked Titanic historian and I'm pretty sure there's a cemetery and monument there to a lot of Titanic victims if you're into that. (Fairview Lawn Cemetery) He was stationed up that way in the Navy in Newfoundland so he enjoyed it, the whole deal. Pics I saw of the region looked really beautiful.

Last edited:
Your agenda has a lot in it and may not be possible with the amount of driving so just make sure you have accounted for all the travel. For instance, meat cove is beautiful, but out of the way. Burntcoat is a neat place, but two hours one way from Lunenburg.

Really comes down what you are planning to do. If you are planning some hiking, you might be strapped for time. What are hoping to do?

When driving from Lunenburg to Halifax, take the scenic Hwy 3. Chester is worth a stop.

Reactions: Relayer
Thanks all! Cabot Trail has always been a bucket list item for the east coast. After several trips to Acadia, looking forward to the comparison. I have the distillery and Alexander Graham Bell site on my list.

Your agenda has a lot in it and may not be possible with the amount of driving so just make sure you have accounted for all the travel. For instance, meat cove is beautiful, but out of the way. Burntcoat is a neat place, but two hours one way from Lunenburg.

Really comes down what you are planning to do. If you are planning some hiking, you might be strapped for time. What are hoping to do?

When driving from Lunenburg to Halifax, take the scenic Hwy 3. Chester is worth a stop.

Thanks for the tips. Not too concerned about the driving times. Out west we're used to putting 1600 miles on the rental. Meat cove will be a day trip from Ingonish.

The day we go to Burntcoat low tide is at 1pm. We'll leave Mabou early morning. I figure getting to Lunenburg at dinner time. We'll definitely check out Chester.

Thanks all! Cabot Trail has always been a bucket list item for the east coast. After several trips to Acadia, looking forward to the comparison. I have the distillery and Alexander Graham Bell site on my list.

Thanks for the tips. Not too concerned about the driving times. Out west we're used to putting 1600 miles on the rental. Meat cove will be a day trip from Ingonish.

The day we go to Burntcoat low tide is at 1pm. We'll leave Mabou early morning. I figure getting to Lunenburg at dinner time. We'll definitely check out Chester.
You will have a great time. Really beautiful part of the world, and great people. Your only issue might be weather - could be 80 and sunny or 50 and windy rain - all in the same day. But you will enjoy.

You guys were spot on. Too many reason why it was a great trip: the people, the scenery, the food, the drink, the exchange rate. Highlights were White Point, Meat Cove, Ingonish, Inverness, Cabot Trail, Glenora Distillery, Burntcoat Head Park, Halifax, Lunenburg. We put 2000 km on the Jeep Wrangler.

Here's a little recap of our adventure with plenty of pics.

Day 1, July 20th:

Our flight from Newark was an hour and 25 minutes and going through customs was a breeze. Was very impressed with our Jeep Wrangler from Avis that only had 4200 km.

We drove straight to Baddeck and our first stop was Big Spruce Brewing Company. Great beers and they were featured all over Nova Scotia. Checked into the Silver Dart Lodge. Our 2nd floor king room overlooking the lake with a balcony was a good start to the trip. Dinner at The Freight Shed. Great first meal of the trip. Everything was terrific, from the seafood chowder, the mussels, scallops and lobster roll. My first seafood chowder was excellent.

Pictures from Baddeck include Big Spruce Brewing, Silver Dart Lodge, The Freight Shed for dinner and Alexander Bell Museum.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZwnHn2QsLURkLtto8

Day 2, July 21st:

Checked out of Silver Dart Lodge and arrived at the Alexander Graham Bell museum around 9:15. Enjoyed our short visit and learned much about the aviation history. Pretty cool the used use the frozen lake as a runway back in the day.

On to Ingonish. We ventured to Ingonish Beach, very cool stone covered beach. Keltic Lodge and the Middle Head Trail were next. Nice hike out to Middle Head, a little overcast, but still great scenery. The jellyfish were in abundance.

Next it was time to check into the Lantern Hill & Hollow for two nights. Easily the finest accommodation on our trip. The place was immaculate, from the room to the property grounds.

After much research, we chose to eat dinner at the Coastal Restaurant. The place was packed on this Sunday night. A decent meal, but not the best on the trip.

Pictures from Day 2 include Freshwater Lake overlook, Middle Head Trail. Ingonish Beach, Lantern Hill & Hollow and Coastal Restaurant.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ohcBGr2e2aDuCFwi7

Day 3, July 22nd:

Maybe the best weather day we had, and the best scenery of the trip. We needed this, as we want to hit White Point and Meat Cove, not to mention the eastern section of the Cabot Trail.

White Point is an incredible place, hard to find without doing research. The reward is some of the best views we saw.

The ride to Meat Cove was stunning! There are lots of pull over points for great views. The road at 8km turns to non-pavement, but it was fine, just minor pot holes. The Chowder Hut was a fine place for lunch. We enjoyed it, although pricey. Three beers, two chowders, fish sandwich and lobster roll plus tip was $121CAN.

After lunch we did the 25-minute hike to the top of the mountain overlooking Meat Cove. More stunning scenery. Drove the Cabot trail to the west coast, then headed back to Ingonish

Photos from Day 3 include White Point and Meat Cove, Dingwall Beach.

White Point: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1sUvSKohe47M1peWA

Meat Cove: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BJX7PYTWarVphcPM9

Here are the random pics from the Cabot Trail that include the one Moose sighting the following day at French Lake.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b92CYnM26AaAPaNr7

Day 4, July 23rd:

We knew this was going to be a bad weather day, they were calling for rain all day. That being said we took our time checking out of the Lantern.

Enjoyed our second trip on the Cabot Trail to the west coast, this time under different weather circumstances. The good news is we had a terrific lunch at the Rusty Anchor. Great chowder and the seafood wraps were outstanding.

Rode the Cabot Trail to Cheticamp and checked into the Cornerstone Motel. Had a king deluxe room right on the river, another nice accommodation on the trip. The hosts were great.

After checking in we drove back up the Cabot Trail. Stopped at French Lake and saw the only Moose on our trip. He was a big boy. Also walked the bog trail and that was cool.

Pictures from the Cheticamp area, including Cornerstone Motel, Le Buttereay Trail, Skyline Trail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WKxxkwFVvjhstuQY9

Day 5, July 24rd:

We woke up to a low fog layer over the mountains. After Tuesday’s bad weather, this was the only day left for the Skyline Trail. We decided to head into Cheticamp for breakfast and waited for the fog to lift.

Skyline hike was nice, we did the whole loop in 2.5 hours with plenty of stops. Weather was still overcast, but it was still a pleasant walk, boardwalk was busy. I counted 273 steps back to the top.

Next was Inverness, the coolest town we visited on CBI. Nice beach and the Cabot Links Golf looked amazing. I had to visit Route 19 Brewing before heading to Mabou. Wow, great place and beers! I did try the seafood chowder and it was another winner!

Headed to the Mabou River Inn where we were staying the next 2 nights. Drove by the Glenora Distillery, but have plans to visit the following day. Mabou River Inn had the friendliest people of the whole trip. The king room was huge.

The best part of the evening was going to the West Mabou Beach for the sunset. What a beautiful spot! See the p

Pictures include Whale Point Cemetery, Inverness Beach, Route 19 Brewing, Dancing Goat, Lake Ainsley and of course the Glenora Distillery.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HJGCB7WcLUCsGYMk8

Day 6, July 25th:

Headed to the Dancing Goat for lunch. We took a longer, scenic route by Lake Ainslie. Dancing Goat was neat, very good food.

After lunch we spent a couple hours in Inverness. Walked the boardwalk one way and the beach the other. Found some sea glass that we will add to our collection from the Turks and Caicos. The walk was relaxing. Before leaving town we stopped again at Route 19 Brewing for some more good beers and also got the haddock tacos, delicious.

After leaving Inverness we were ready for the Glenora Distillery. Very nice property and loved the tour! We grabbed a bottle of the 14-year-old single malt whiskey for $120CAN. Glad we bought it at the distillery, as this bottle was not available in the duty free store at the airport. Brought it home and it’s good stuff!

We were now ready for the famous Red Shoe Pub. We arrived at 6pm and spent 4 hours here. Good time. We shared the humus platter, seafood chowder and the wings. Live music was very entertaining.

Pictures include Mabou River Inn, Clove and Hitch Bistro, Red Shoe Pub. West Mabou Beach sunset, Dancing Goat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EZrTYeV2gVQYLLn37

Day 7, July 26th:

We headed next for Burntcoat Head Park and the famous low tide on the Bay of Fundy, actually it was on the Minus Basin. We stopped at the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Center first on the river, some good info. Burntcoat Head Park was outstanding. We were there at low tide and saw so much, lots of fun!

Pictures From Burntcoat Head Park.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k91eF54i4ZR4tirH6

Heading to Halifax, there was a lot of traffic going through Dartmouth on this late Friday afternoon, we finally crossed the bridge and headed to the Westin downtown. This was a great accommodation located next the harbor and waterfront.

Little did we know the Queen Mary 2 and the Queen Elizabeth ships were both in port on this evening. It was cool seeing both ships circle the harbor, the crowds were massive. Every eating spot on the water was packed so we opted to walk a few blocks to the Stubborn Goat. The pizza was very good, decent wings and salad. Good beer selection.

Pictures from Halifax: Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth, Stubborn Goat, 2 Doors Down, driving over the bridge.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bb7ZCbRuUUYgQdN18

Day 8, July 27th:

We spent today going to Peggy’s Cove and Lunenburg. Arrived to Peggy’s Cove at 9am and there was a decent crowd, then a tour bus pulled in seconds later. It wasn’t terrible, but we spent about 45 minutes max. We then went to the Swiss Air flight memorial, which was sobering.

We drove the scenic route to Lunenburg that included Bayswater Beach and Blanford. All the local beaches were very crowded on this Saturday morning. Once reaching Hubbards we hopped on the main road as traveling was really slow. Mahone Bay was a cool town on the way to Lunenburg.

We enjoyed Lunenburg and especially lunch. We ate at the Salt Shaker Deli and it was superb! Best mussels on the trip, excellent seafood chowder, solid pork burger and club sandwich.

After this we stopped at the Ironworks Distillery. We already had purchased our excellent bottle of single malt whiskey from Glenora. The gentleman said we could purchase their rum products at the airport….not true.

Back in town, dinner we went to 2 Doors Down. The food was stellar from the seafood chowder to the smokehouse burger to the haddock tacos.

Lunenburg and Peggy’s Cove Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o9NnUUrkBD2nAYzo7

Day 9, July 28th

Uneventful, woke up, drove to the airport and flew home. Halifax is a terrific little city. The place is hopping on the weekend!

Last edited:

Stop by Sidney Crosby's house if he lives there.

He spends his summers in Enfield which is about 25 miles north of Halifax.

Many Americans have never heard about the Great Halifax Explosion of 1917. It was the worst (known) man-made explosion in history before the atomic bomb was dropped. More than 2000 were killed and buildings were leveled for up to 10 miles away. Oppenheimer studied its effects closely during research on the Manhattan Project.

For those interested I recommend John U. Bacon's The Great Halifax Explosion: A World War I Story of Treachery, Tragedy, and Extraordinary Heroism.

Nice. Glad you enjoyed. One day I hope to get up there again, and then further north to Newfoundland....great m/c riding up there.

Thanks man! Still have half that single malt bottle left. Stuff was so smooth, drank like a scotch. With regards to Scotland, had to call it a whiskey.

Yes, Newfoundland is on our list too. Little tougher to get to, let us know if it happens.

He is from Cole Harbour (near Halifax). So is Nathan MacKinnon. Crazy that two of the very best in the game are from the same tiny little town. Craig Hillier (another former first round draft pick of the Penguins) is also from there. His career wasn't as great (never played in the NHL).

Reactions: TheGLOV
Really enjoyed your pictures and glad you had a great time. I haven't been back to the Maritimes since '87 and I really miss the place. You have reawakened my hope to make at least one more journey there. I wholeheartedly agree re your view of Halifax-great place to party back in the day!

Really enjoyed your pictures and glad you had a great time. I haven't been back to the Maritimes since '87 and I really miss the place. You have reawakened my hope to make at least one more journey there. I wholeheartedly agree re your view of Halifax-great place to party back in the day!

I really liked that we went through US customs in Halifax. Having been through customs in Newark many times, we could not have been happier.

You guys were spot on. Too many reason why it was a great trip: the people, the scenery, the food, the drink, the exchange rate. Highlights were White Point, Meat Cove, Ingonish, Inverness, Cabot Trail, Glenora Distillery, Burntcoat Head Park, Halifax, Lunenburg. We put 2000 km on the Jeep Wrangler.

Here's a little recap of our adventure with plenty of pics.

Day 1, July 20th:

Our flight from Newark was an hour and 25 minutes and going through customs was a breeze. Was very impressed with our Jeep Wrangler from Avis that only had 4200 km.

We drove straight to Baddeck and our first stop was Big Spruce Brewing Company. Great beers and they were featured all over Nova Scotia. Checked into the Silver Dart Lodge. Our 2nd floor king room overlooking the lake with a balcony was a good start to the trip. Dinner at The Freight Shed. Great first meal of the trip. Everything was terrific, from the seafood chowder, the mussels, scallops and lobster roll. My first seafood chowder was excellent.

Pictures from Baddeck include Big Spruce Brewing, Silver Dart Lodge, The Freight Shed for dinner and Alexander Bell Museum.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZwnHn2QsLURkLtto8

Day 2, July 21st:

Checked out of Silver Dart Lodge and arrived at the Alexander Graham Bell museum around 9:15. Enjoyed our short visit and learned much about the aviation history. Pretty cool the used use the frozen lake as a runway back in the day.

On to Ingonish. We ventured to Ingonish Beach, very cool stone covered beach. Keltic Lodge and the Middle Head Trail were next. Nice hike out to Middle Head, a little overcast, but still great scenery. The jellyfish were in abundance.

Next it was time to check into the Lantern Hill & Hollow for two nights. Easily the finest accommodation on our trip. The place was immaculate, from the room to the property grounds.

After much research, we chose to eat dinner at the Coastal Restaurant. The place was packed on this Sunday night. A decent meal, but not the best on the trip.

Pictures from Day 2 include Freshwater Lake overlook, Middle Head Trail. Ingonish Beach, Lantern Hill & Hollow and Coastal Restaurant.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ohcBGr2e2aDuCFwi7

Day 3, July 22nd:

Maybe the best weather day we had, and the best scenery of the trip. We needed this, as we want to hit White Point and Meat Cove, not to mention the eastern section of the Cabot Trail.

White Point is an incredible place, hard to find without doing research. The reward is some of the best views we saw.

The ride to Meat Cove was stunning! There are lots of pull over points for great views. The road at 8km turns to non-pavement, but it was fine, just minor pot holes. The Chowder Hut was a fine place for lunch. We enjoyed it, although pricey. Three beers, two chowders, fish sandwich and lobster roll plus tip was $121CAN.

After lunch we did the 25-minute hike to the top of the mountain overlooking Meat Cove. More stunning scenery. Drove the Cabot trail to the west coast, then headed back to Ingonish

Photos from Day 3 include White Point and Meat Cove, Dingwall Beach.

White Point: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1sUvSKohe47M1peWA

Meat Cove: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BJX7PYTWarVphcPM9

Here are the random pics from the Cabot Trail that include the one Moose sighting the following day at French Lake.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b92CYnM26AaAPaNr7

Day 4, July 23rd:

We knew this was going to be a bad weather day, they were calling for rain all day. That being said we took our time checking out of the Lantern.

Enjoyed our second trip on the Cabot Trail to the west coast, this time under different weather circumstances. The good news is we had a terrific lunch at the Rusty Anchor. Great chowder and the seafood wraps were outstanding.

Rode the Cabot Trail to Cheticamp and checked into the Cornerstone Motel. Had a king deluxe room right on the river, another nice accommodation on the trip. The hosts were great.

After checking in we drove back up the Cabot Trail. Stopped at French Lake and saw the only Moose on our trip. He was a big boy. Also walked the bog trail and that was cool.

Pictures from the Cheticamp area, including Cornerstone Motel, Le Buttereay Trail, Skyline Trail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WKxxkwFVvjhstuQY9

Day 5, July 24rd:

We woke up to a low fog layer over the mountains. After Tuesday’s bad weather, this was the only day left for the Skyline Trail. We decided to head into Cheticamp for breakfast and waited for the fog to lift.

Skyline hike was nice, we did the whole loop in 2.5 hours with plenty of stops. Weather was still overcast, but it was still a pleasant walk, boardwalk was busy. I counted 273 steps back to the top.

Next was Inverness, the coolest town we visited on CBI. Nice beach and the Cabot Links Golf looked amazing. I had to visit Route 19 Brewing before heading to Mabou. Wow, great place and beers! I did try the seafood chowder and it was another winner!

Headed to the Mabou River Inn where we were staying the next 2 nights. Drove by the Glenora Distillery, but have plans to visit the following day. Mabou River Inn had the friendliest people of the whole trip. The king room was huge.

The best part of the evening was going to the West Mabou Beach for the sunset. What a beautiful spot! See the p

Pictures include Whale Point Cemetery, Inverness Beach, Route 19 Brewing, Dancing Goat, Lake Ainsley and of course the Glenora Distillery.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HJGCB7WcLUCsGYMk8

Day 6, July 25th:

Headed to the Dancing Goat for lunch. We took a longer, scenic route by Lake Ainslie. Dancing Goat was neat, very good food.

After lunch we spent a couple hours in Inverness. Walked the boardwalk one way and the beach the other. Found some sea glass that we will add to our collection from the Turks and Caicos. The walk was relaxing. Before leaving town we stopped again at Route 19 Brewing for some more good beers and also got the haddock tacos, delicious.

After leaving Inverness we were ready for the Glenora Distillery. Very nice property and loved the tour! We grabbed a bottle of the 14-year-old single malt whiskey for $120CAN. Glad we bought it at the distillery, as this bottle was not available in the duty free store at the airport. Brought it home and it’s good stuff!

We were now ready for the famous Red Shoe Pub. We arrived at 6pm and spent 4 hours here. Good time. We shared the humus platter, seafood chowder and the wings. Live music was very entertaining.

Pictures include Mabou River Inn, Clove and Hitch Bistro, Red Shoe Pub. West Mabou Beach sunset, Dancing Goat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EZrTYeV2gVQYLLn37

Day 7, July 26th:

We headed next for Burntcoat Head Park and the famous low tide on the Bay of Fundy, actually it was on the Minus Basin. We stopped at the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Center first on the river, some good info. Burntcoat Head Park was outstanding. We were there at low tide and saw so much, lots of fun!

Pictures From Burntcoat Head Park.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k91eF54i4ZR4tirH6

Heading to Halifax, there was a lot of traffic going through Dartmouth on this late Friday afternoon, we finally crossed the bridge and headed to the Westin downtown. This was a great accommodation located next the harbor and waterfront.

Little did we know the Queen Mary 2 and the Queen Elizabeth ships were both in port on this evening. It was cool seeing both ships circle the harbor, the crowds were massive. Every eating spot on the water was packed so we opted to walk a few blocks to the Stubborn Goat. The pizza was very good, decent wings and salad. Good beer selection.

Pictures from Halifax: Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth, Stubborn Goat, 2 Doors Down, driving over the bridge.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bb7ZCbRuUUYgQdN18

Day 8, July 27th:

We spent today going to Peggy’s Cove and Lunenburg. Arrived to Peggy’s Cove at 9am and there was a decent crowd, then a tour bus pulled in seconds later. It wasn’t terrible, but we spent about 45 minutes max. We then went to the Swiss Air flight memorial, which was sobering.

We drove the scenic route to Lunenburg that included Bayswater Beach and Blanford. All the local beaches were very crowded on this Saturday morning. Once reaching Hubbards we hopped on the main road as traveling was really slow. Mahone Bay was a cool town on the way to Lunenburg.

We enjoyed Lunenburg and especially lunch. We ate at the Salt Shaker Deli and it was superb! Best mussels on the trip, excellent seafood chowder, solid pork burger and club sandwich.

After this we stopped at the Ironworks Distillery. We already had purchased our excellent bottle of single malt whiskey from Glenora. The gentleman said we could purchase their rum products at the airport….not true.

Back in town, dinner we went to 2 Doors Down. The food was stellar from the seafood chowder to the smokehouse burger to the haddock tacos.

Lunenburg and Peggy’s Cove Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o9NnUUrkBD2nAYzo7

Day 9, July 28th

Uneventful, woke up, drove to the airport and flew home. Halifax is a terrific little city. The place is hopping on the weekend!
Another great travel chronicle from you. I always enjoy viewing your photos and following along with your detailed journeys.

All the best to you and Mrs Relayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Another great travel chronology from you. I always enjoy viewing your photos and following along with your detailed journeys.

All the best to you and Mrs Relayer.

Thanks PPB! Hope all is well with you! You hanging out in Telluride? We need to get back to South Western Colorado. The Mrs got a few extra days off later this month and we're doing a 4 night quicky to TCI before school starts.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Thanks PPB! Hope all is well with you! You hanging out in Telluride? We need to get back to South Western Colorado. The Mrs got a few extra days off later this month and we're doing a 4 night quicky to TCI before school starts.
We’re here until late September and then off to next house-hunt in western NC.

It’s unbelievable how much snow remains in the mountains. The snow-melt runoff is still so strong that it’s unsafe to even go wading in the rivers. The trip you made across Imogene Pass a few summers ago was just opened last week.

Enjoy TCI, especially Provo, but don’t venture over to, and swim offshore, MCI (if you’ve been following the news).

Stay in touch,

PPB

We’re here until late September and then off to next house-hunt in western NC.

It’s unbelievable how much snow remains in the mountains. The snow-melt runoff is still so strong that it’s unsafe to even go wading in the rivers. The trip you made across Imogene Pass a few summers ago was just opened last week.

Enjoy TCI, especially Provo, but don’t venture over to, and swim offshore, MCI (if you’ve been following the news).

Stay in touch,

PPB

Yes, that tragedy on Middle Caicos was documented on the tripadvisor TCI forum. We have been to Bambarra Beach a couple times, never thought of venturing out to the island during low tide.

I knew the west got pounded with snow. I could never understand why Telluride closes so early compared with many other resorts.

Western NC is beautiful, love the Blue Ridge Parkway at 5,000 ft.

I'm sure you saw these pics when we went down for the eclipse two years ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/iaKGCdMaborCxoYm8

https://goo.gl/photos/MEFnFqG1CZsb4BRQ8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT