ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fred Astaire golf dance [video]

I have tried teeing up five balls and hitting them like Fred did at the end of the clip. A golf pro recommended doing that as a way to stay loose in the swing. It's not as easy as it looks!

to do that, he was clearly a great athlete. I counted, maybe, four of five clips. In those days, you couldn't splice and blend images.....so I am pretty sure the first half of that was all one take....pretty darned impressive by any standard.

I love dance, and have posted this many times. It is James Cagney dancing down the steps....impersonating George M. Cohan in the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy

1373478020_james_cagney_coming_down_the_stairs__yankee_doodle_dandy.gif

That is quite impressive. I think I'll try that this Spring. When I’m done I’m sure my golf buddies will be amazed and contused.

I know there's a misspelling there, but I'm not sure if it should be "confused" or "concussed." :cool:

Reactions: PSU73
I know there's a misspelling there, but I'm not sure if it should be "confused" or "concussed." :cool:
Observant you are. It was intentional.:) However...my buddies may be concussed as well, but it didn't rhyme with confused.

con·tuse
kənˈto͞oz/
verb
past tense: contused; past participle: contused
  1. injure (a part of the body) without breaking the skin, forming a bruise.

Reactions: hagberg
to do that, he was clearly a great athlete. I counted, maybe, four of five clips. In those days, you couldn't splice and blend images.....so I am pretty sure the first half of that was all one take....pretty darned impressive by any standard.

I love dance, and have posted this many times. It is James Cagney dancing down the steps....impersonating George M. Cohan in the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy

1373478020_james_cagney_coming_down_the_stairs__yankee_doodle_dandy.gif
Obli, Sorry if this is old news but when and where is that old garage band sig pic from?
BB

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT