ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Horror Movie

A bit off topic, but since The Exorcist mentions came up there is a priest who is very popular on college campuses these days. I believe his name is Fr. Vincent Lampert and he is an exorcist. I saw him interviewed once and he lamented “ I could give a talk about Jesus and twenty people would show up. If I give a talk about the devil, two hundred show up “.
I think that says more about human nature than anything else.

Halloween
Exorcist
Psycho
Phantasm
Poltergeist
Omen
Rosemary baby
Dracula (langella)
Lost boys

It Follows
MV5BMmU0MjBlYzYtZWY0MC00MjliLWI3ZmUtMzhlZDVjMWVmYWY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Hellraiser
source.gif

Blair Witch Project
You would not be alone in thinking this movie was scary. A lot of people thought so. Maybe I am just wired differently, but I thought this movie sucked ballz. It's like the protagonists all wore helmet mounted cameras and then wailed in unconvincing (to me, at least) dread.for the entire time they were in the forest. I ended up rooting for each of them to bite the big one, and guffawed several times. That was not well received, as I was in a movie theater. It was perhaps not my best moment. :cool:.

You would not be alone in thinking this movie was scary. A lot of people thought so. Maybe I am just wired differently, but I thought this movie sucked ballz. It's like the protagonists all wore helmet mounted cameras and then wailed in unconvincing (to me, at least) dread.for the entire time they were in the forest. I ended up rooting for each of them to bite the big one, and guffawed several times. That was not well received, as I was in a movie theater. It was perhaps not my best moment. :cool:.

Not only that, it also gave me motion sickness. I truly can not stand point of view videos. Cloverfield had so much potential, and then they had to add POV. Ugh.

Reactions: BBrown
Holloween is quickly approaching so no better time to talk about your favorite horror movie. So with that being said mine would be "Let Me In".

Steven King noted at the time it came out it was the best American horror movie he had seen in the last 20 years.

Personally believe it's they best Vampire movie ever made (outside from the original Swedish version but I'm lazy and don't like movie with subtitles).

Burnt Offerings

I'm also a fan of the original Salem's Lot mini series. Always thought that scene where the kid is floating outside the window and scratching on it was way creepy.
You beat me to it.

- Salem’s lot movie (window scene, and “Danny darling” scene in the morgue)
- Lost Boys
- Conjuring and Sinister movies (tied)

Oh yea I wanted Heather dead within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Holloween is quickly approaching so no better time to talk about your favorite horror movie. So with that being said mine would be "Let Me In".

Steven King noted at the time it came out it was the best American horror movie he had seen in the last 20 years.

Personally believe it's they best Vampire movie ever made (outside from the original Swedish version but I'm lazy and don't like movie with subtitles).

th

Reactions: blmr31
Favorite: Godzilla, the original. Most frightening: Psycho (possibly the best-made movie ever). Very scary (though not to me but it was to everyone else I knew: the Exorcist. I found the Shining to be entertaining but not scary to any degree.

The original "The Thing from Another Planet" with James Arness playing the monster was always the scariest movie for me. 1952 or 1954. Original Frankenstein would be 2nd
What do you do with a carrot?You boil it!

I remember watching Creature Feature with my mom and dad on Friday nights. Just before it would come on they would air that commercial "It's 10:00pm do you know where your children are?". At the age of 12 I stayed up to watch Night of the Living Dead by myself, very scary and still one of my favorite beginnings of any horror movie.

The first Paranormal Activity movie was really creepy. The rest...not nearly as much.

I remember watching Creature Feature with my mom and dad on Friday nights. Just before it would come on they would air that commercial "It's 10:00pm do you know where your children are?". At the age of 12 I stayed up to watch Night of the Living Dead by myself, very scary and still one of my favorite beginnings of any horror movie.
One of the best inside jokes in Shaun of the Dead is when they’ve just saved Shaun’s girlfriend and then he takes a call from his mom. She mentions offhandedly (in her oblivious way) that wierd stuff is going on. Ed, Shaun’s sidekick, yells “we’re coming to get you Barbara!”

That is a call-out to the classic cemetery scene in Night of the Living Dead.

My story is similar except it was Chilly Bill Cardill CH. 13 out of Pittsburgh.
And growing up in Western PA it was even scarier.
I remember going to Monroeville Mall to see Dawn of the Dead being filmed. Fun stuff.

One of the best inside jokes in Shaun of the Dead is when they’ve just saved Shaun’s girlfriend and then he takes a call from his mom. She mentions offhandedly (in her oblivious way) that wierd stuff is going on. Ed, Shaun’s sidekick, yells “we’re coming to get you Barbara!”

That is a call-out to the classic cemetery scene in Night of the Living Dead.

Thats a good one. I also like him listening to KernKraft2000's Zombie Nation on the bus. LOL.

Thats a good one. I also like him listening to KernKraft2000's Zombie Nation on the bus. LOL.
The Zombie they run into on the road is Andy Gray - a famous soccer commentator over there

also Ed says “watch the leather” like Wooderson in Dazed and Confused when they’re getting into the Jag at Liz’ apartment

I love that movie. 2nd most viewings (15 or so) to Spinal Tap for me

The Zombie they run into on the road is Andy Gray - a famous soccer commentator over there

also Ed says “watch the leather” like Wooderson in Dazed and Confused when they’re getting into the Jag at Liz’ apartment

I love that movie. 2nd most viewings (15 or so) to Spinal Tap for me
Ah, Spinal Tap!

A few years back, my firm decided that the entertainment at our annual meeting would be a "battle of the bands" ... using bands comprised of our partners. A buddy talked me into getting behind a drum kit (after about 30 years) for the event. They went all out on the stage, lighting, sound systems, instruments -- pretty much anything you wanted they'd get. Another drummer asked for a gong just to see if they'd have it, and they did.

So the night of the event, after the salad course, with my clients present, and after consulting with colleagues about the proper level of pre-performance lubrication (2 according to US colleagues, 5 according to UK/Hong Kong colleagues), they took us performers back to a green room of sorts (which is to say, a bland hotel conference room). As it approached go-time, they started leading us on this circuitous route through the bowels of the hotel to the back stage. We literally went through a kitchen. I realized early what was happening and smartly pulled out my phone to record the whole procession. As we went through a set of doors, one of my UK colleagues ahead of me in line exclaimed "It's like ****ing Spinal Tap."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT