ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fatty Arbuckle

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
the future missus and I were discussing Chris Hardwick, Aziz Ansari, #MeToo . . .

and she said, "I feel like this is a new phenomenon"

We discussed Penn State/Joe Paterno a bit . . .then I asked if she'd ever heard of Fatty Arbuckle.

She said NO, so we watched a brief documentary about him (and yes there is some irony that Chris Hardwick married a Hearst . . . seems so circular!)

I brought up Fatty Arbuckle when the media went after Joe Paterno . . . how familiar are you with the details of his "scandal"?

Reactions: step.eng69
the man was only recently recognized by Hollywood (in 1960) after having his life smeared . . .

Wasn't familiar, but am not sure how this ever went to trial given a medical examination seems to have cleared Arbuckle (or anyone for that matter) of committing rape.

I'm certain there are lots of these stories out there - this is noticeably different from Hardwick specifically because his accuser isn't dead.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Wasn't familiar, but am not sure how this ever went to trial given a medical examination seems to have cleared Arbuckle (or anyone for that matter) of committing rape.

I'm certain there are lots of these stories out there - this is noticeably different from Hardwick specifically because his accuser isn't dead.

it was all pushed by the Fake News at the time, William Randolph Hearst . . . destroyed Arbuckle's career and life, knowing he was publishing lies . . .

but I wasn't comparing Arbuckle directly to Hardwick, just saying how people's reaction to these movements and media are not new things

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT